So I watched Harry potter 7...

Chat about your favorite movie?
Does that new film look great or like an epic fail?
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon
ID: 0

So I watched Harry potter 7...

My one and only comment is..... mike newell should have directed harry potter 7 and NOT yates.

The guys is a total moron. He copies the book, WORD BY WORD. NOTHING Original. Out of all 7, I think the 4th was the best one followed by the 1st and 2nd. GEEZ, why would they choose Yates after seeing the 5th and the 6th movie.

T O T A L M O R O N O
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
TheKracken
Forum Intermediate

Re: So I watched Harry potter 7...

i agree 100%
TheKracken
Forum Intermediate

basically
it matches the books to much they werent creative about it at all
me im not a harry potter movie fan mostly just the books read the whole series in a week and i do it once a month still love them
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

SuperSaiyan wrote:wow, the movie industry can just never win

personally, I like when they don't **Filtered** up the story and keep it the same :?

im the same as pirate here, i hated it when they change the storyline, especially in the 4th movie, where they miss out 70% of the book in the movie.
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

If I wanna keep the story the same, then id read the book again. The reason why we see movies that are adaption of novels is to see the director/writers view of the novel. Not a bloody plagiarized form of the novel.

movie has to be different from the novel to make it appealing to the audience..

HP7 had no music, at all. like W T F happened to harry potter theme song or other music.

ps: my fav was the 4th, cause it had what a movie needs to have..

Am I a Good trader??
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

SuperSaiyan wrote:
KnowLedge wrote:If I wanna keep the story the same, then id read the book again. The reason why we see movies that are adaption of novels is to see the director/writers view of the novel. Not a bloody plagiarized form of the novel.

I strongly disagree

look at the last air bender movie *shudders*

that was a sin and would have been so much better had they stuck to the story

same with The Lightning Thief :?

both excellent books/series. Total **Filtered** movies.

for me, the last air bender sucked cause of choice of actors,
and i thought the lightning thief was fine, but maybe its because I havnt read the book.

BUT for hp7, the director forgot to give a definition of a horcruxes. what happens when a random person watches the 7th movie from scratch, and he doesn't know what a horcrux.. like a friend beside me at the theater. he was asking me questions the whole time.

who makes a movie without telling the audience what the main characters are searching for..? remember how LOTR series was? I personally watched the return of the king first, and then watched the rest of the movies.. Remember the starwars trilogies? I watched attack of the clones first and then watched everything else.. yet i understood it all.. and when a person watches hp7 part 1 for the first time, they are deeply lost...........................................................

Am I a Good trader??
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

i ve never bothered to read any of the books so watching the movie might be interesting
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

the books are great, i recommend them, especially considering the movies miss out a lot of the storyline.
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
TheKracken
Forum Intermediate

KnowLedge wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
KnowLedge wrote:If I wanna keep the story the same, then id read the book again. The reason why we see movies that are adaption of novels is to see the director/writers view of the novel. Not a bloody plagiarized form of the novel.

I strongly disagree

look at the last air bender movie *shudders*

that was a sin and would have been so much better had they stuck to the story

same with The Lightning Thief :?

both excellent books/series. Total **Filtered** movies.

for me, the last air bender sucked cause of choice of actors,
and i thought the lightning thief was fine, but maybe its because I havnt read the book.

BUT for hp7, the director forgot to give a definition of a horcruxes. what happens when a random person watches the 7th movie from scratch, and he doesn't know what a horcrux.. like a friend beside me at the theater. he was asking me questions the whole time.

who makes a movie without telling the audience what the main characters are searching for..? remember how LOTR series was? I personally watched the return of the king first, and then watched the rest of the movies.. Remember the starwars trilogies? I watched attack of the clones first and then watched everything else.. yet i understood it all.. and when a person watches hp7 part 1 for the first time, they are deeply lost...........................................................

i have to agree and same thing with the other movies i was very disapointed

also knowlege we should start a Harry Potter fan club
the most amazing books EVER
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

I liked the movie.

And the reason it's so close to the book is because J.K. Rowling was a producer lol. She wouldn't let them change the story too much. And I sort of like that, J.K. Rowling created a master piece and different and creative isn't always better when you're talking about a masterpiece imo.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Any person who hates a movie that is based around book and is copied from the book that they love is an absolute handy.

You should be thankful. Too many times people edit movies for various reasons, and blow **Filtered**.

I watched Avatar, and it seemed like Pocahauntus. I watched the extended version of all the **Filtered** they cut out and it seemed less like Pocahauntus and more like an actual movie.

Do not complain about **Filtered** like that, FOOBS! :lol:
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Noobert wrote:Any person who hates a movie that is based around book and is copied from the book that they love is an absolute handy.

You should be thankful. Too many times people edit movies for various reasons, and blow **Filtered**.

I watched Avatar, and it seemed like Pocahauntus. I watched the extended version of all the **Filtered** they cut out and it seemed less like Pocahauntus and more like an actual movie.

Do not complain about **Filtered** like that, FOOBS! :lol:
I agree with this Noob and the other people who said that. I am angry when they make Movies that are so different from the book it hurts to watch. Not that it can't be kind of different but sometimes it's just stupid. I read the Eragon books and then saw the movie, and it was disgusting lolz.

If this movie is almost exactly like the book then I am overjoyed to watch it.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

Eärendil wrote:
KnowLedge wrote:who makes a movie without telling the audience what the main characters are searching for..? remember how LOTR series was? I personally watched the return of the king first, and then watched the rest of the movies.. Remember the starwars trilogies? I watched attack of the clones first and then watched everything else.. yet i understood it all.. and when a person watches hp7 part 1 for the first time, they are deeply lost...........................................................

That is your own fault for watching the last one first, NOT the directors. DO NOT bring LoTR down because you were to lazy to watch them in order, ever.

The same can be said about HP, Watch them in order and I highly doubt that you'll be lost.

*will see it tuesday*

i dont think you understand what im saying. its written perfectly normal. im saying, eventhough i watched LOTR in reverse order, i enjoyed them and understood everything, the director made everything clear even in the last movie that it can be watched on its own without the sequle.. im trying to say the same thing for starwars.

(please to read properly, and don't skim and make an early comment lmao... same for you Tmonkey)

BUT harry potter, Yates never explains that a Horcrux is one of 7 pieces of souls... what kind of a moron doesn't explain the main theme of the movie and expects the movie to make around 700 million or better yet, expect fans to like it..?

ps; indeed it is explained in the 6th, but never in the 7th part 1.
Last edited by KnowLedge on Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Am I a Good trader??
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

chris wrote:i have to agree and same thing with the other movies i was very disapointed

also knowlege we should start a Harry Potter fan club
the most amazing books EVER

yea definately, a fan club would be awesome.. but whats the point lol,
its not like we are actually waiting for any more novels from Rowling.

Am I a Good trader??
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

KnowLedge wrote:
Eärendil wrote:
KnowLedge wrote:who makes a movie without telling the audience what the main characters are searching for..? remember how LOTR series was? I personally watched the return of the king first, and then watched the rest of the movies.. Remember the starwars trilogies? I watched attack of the clones first and then watched everything else.. yet i understood it all.. and when a person watches hp7 part 1 for the first time, they are deeply lost...........................................................

That is your own fault for watching the last one first, NOT the directors. DO NOT bring LoTR down because you were to lazy to watch them in order, ever.

The same can be said about HP, Watch them in order and I highly doubt that you'll be lost.

*will see it tuesday*

i dont think you understand what im saying. its written perfectly normal if you can read that is. im saying, eventhough i watched LOTR in reverse order, i enjoyed them and understood everything, the director made everything clear even in the last movie that it can be watched on its own without the sequle.. im trying to say the same thing for starwars.

(please to read properly, and don't skim and make an early comment lmao... same for you Tmonkey)

BUT harry potter, Yates never explains that a Horcrux is one of 7 pieces of souls... what kind of a moron doesn't explain the main theme of the movie and expects the movie to make around 700 million or better yet, expect fans to like it..?
I'm fairly sure it's explained in the last movie. If not then one would have to have not read the book to not know, and would be undeserving of the knowledge.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler

Return to “Grand Cinema”