Ultramarines

Chat about your favorite movie?
Does that new film look great or like an epic fail?
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Ultramarines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vF_VLZotWc
I found a torrent for a DvDRIP. I will send the PM to anyone who wishes, as it seems it's forbidden to post links to pirated stuff.

If you want to find it yourself - PirateBay is a good start. ;)

This is a bullet casing. ;)
Last edited by Noobert on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Re: Ultramarines

that was hell of a game :)
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

I am watching the movie now. GOOSEBUMPS YO. 8-[

EDIT:
Watched it. Loved it. Keeping it. It had a few downsides, but I'll let you see for yourself. I recommend this movie to any fan of Warhammer. Strongly recommended.

I want a Blood Ravens one, definitely. FOR THE EMPEROR. :lol:
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

I have got it on my PC and will be watching it tonight (Sunday) i will give you my reveiw tomorrow :D
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

watched this a few days ago

good film, effects were pretty decent, fairly accurate portrail of the ultramarines

chaos marines were too weak though, they should have been much tougher than they were
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Londo Mollari wrote:watched this a few days ago

good film, effects were pretty decent, fairly accurate portrail of the ultramarines

chaos marines were too weak though, they should have been much tougher than they were

Agreed. The Chaos Marines were weak **Filtered**. They were so weak..it was pitiful.

For ex-Space Marines, they are weak. I did not follow the lore behind it, but I've played DoW games and loved them. It got me into the Universe and I can tell you that from my experience - they were far stronger then that. Far far stronger.

The Demon's portrayal was accurate though, I thought.
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower

yeh the demon was cool, stealthy, evil, destructive and possesive...all the things a demon should be

the chaos marines, arn't just former space marines, they are (at least the vast majority), the original legionnaires, they should each have 1000's of years of combat experience

they should not be running into battle willy nilly getting shot in the face

especially the black legion, they would take out the unit commander and break the units moral before annihilating them with a concentrated assualt

but...minor griping and general moaning aside, t'was fairly awesome
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Londo Mollari wrote:yeh the demon was cool, stealthy, evil, destructive and possesive...all the things a demon should be

the chaos marines, arn't just former space marines, they are (at least the vast majority), the original legionnaires, they should each have 1000's of years of combat experience

especially the black legion, they would take out the unit commander and break the units moral before annihilating them with a concentrated assualt

I agree completely. Just let me ask you this now.

Would you love to see a Blood Raven movie? Or even an Ork movie? ;)
~LordRse~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Prophet
ID: 79075
Alternate name(s): "Bringer of Rain"

To be honost.. I expected more of it..

More wars
More races...

BUT! I did like it, I collected pretty much Warhammer armies (Ultramarines, High Elves, Lizardmen)

I give it 7/10
Spoiler
Past sigs

Lawless One
Absolutely Evil
Alliance: TPP
Race: Priate
ID: 84300
Alternate name(s): ~tackless shadow~
lawless one
balam
dagrith

getting it now and watching it tonight :)
"Beware the fury of a patient man"
"Always forgive your enemies--nothing annoys them so much"
"im not what your used to im a lil cookoo"
"Let them hate, As long as they fear!"
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower

Noobert wrote:
Londo Mollari wrote:yeh the demon was cool, stealthy, evil, destructive and possesive...all the things a demon should be

I agree completely. Just let me ask you this now.

Would you love to see a Blood Raven movie? Or even an Ork movie? ;)

a blood raven movie, would be ok

an ork movie would be harder to do, assuming they are doing it with the orks as main characters, as they arnt exactly characters you would sympathise

a move about one of the armageddon wars would be awesome though

even a movie about the eldar's struggle against chaos would be amazing
Speaking as a Mod
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Well.. as a player of the 40k table top game (for 10 years or so now) and a very knowledgeable movie enthusiast.. i'll give this a good run down.

The story was... actually pretty good. It was true to the Universe in tone (which is what i'd expect from their best novel writer Dan Abnett) and it didn't beat around the bush. Which overall kept me watching it (and my loyalty to the hobby). There was one particular gaping hole in the thing though. How did the Black Legion decimate an entire company of Imperial Fist's (that's 100 marines, a captain, chaplain and vehicles who were dig in and fortified) yet they couldn't kill a 10 man Tactical Squad, Apothecary and Captain of the Ultramarine's 2nd Company (I think they were second company can't remember) without a kill/death ration of like 20-1?

Honestly though.... the special effects and animation were dreadful beyond belief. There are literally game trailers with better special effects (Ironically you should watch the intro sequences to DoW I and II and Mark of Chaos) and I think the company spent too much money concerned with getting some good actors behind the voices opposed to selling the universe visually which is disappointing because they made the very same mistake with Eragon.

Next is the representation of the Chaos Space Marines. I've never seen so much rubbish in my life. Chaos Space Marines can go toe to toe with any Space Marine army you want, they used to be space marines only a large proportion of them have a good 10,000 years of experience to boot and a bit of Daemon in them to add a bit of spice to all that sugar. These particular ones were Black Legion, the Ultramarines of Chaos and legion of Abaddon himself. These guys have lead crusades that have levelled entire Imperial sectors (Gothinc War, 2004 EoT campaign where they took control of the CADIAN SURFACE!) and fought dozens of chapters at once, yet a 10 man tactical squad and a captain could do what 100+ Imperial Fist's couldn't. The Daemon prince was represented well though thankfully... although I would have to question a tactical marine wielding a thunderhammer being able to kill the bad boy.

Finally is the use of Chaos Space Marines at all. As a novice writer and all the above.. i'd say that was a big mistake. It's their first movie.. the villains should have been Tyranids (battle for Macragge would have made an awesome film), Orks or even Eldar. Get the audience used to Space Marines being the good guys.. then do the unthinkable show us CSM's in another film.

All in all.. it was alright but I wasn't that impressed (it could be because I play CSM's and am a bit of a die hard fan lol). I think it was a slightly weak first foray into film for GW.

BTW. If they do a real, live film I think it should be the Horus Heresy. They could easily get a trilogy out of that. First film - Great Crusade, Horus begins to get corrupted. Second Film - Horus corrupted and Isstvan V drop site massacre. Third film - battle on Terra. The characters would be amazing.. can have Abaddon lurking, Ahriman, Kharn, Fabius, Typhus, Bjorn, Emperor, Primarchs, Captain of the Adaptes Custodes plus the battles... it'd be bloody awesome!
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Perhaps the reason the Chaos Space Marines lost to that little amount of men was on purpose, no? The Daemon wanted to use them to take him to their Chapter World to create another Vortex (or something, forgot it a bit ATM), no?

Another completely different theory could be that fighting the 100+ Space Marines, and Vehicles that they depleted most of their armed soldiers in the process. That seems most viable if not for the first part I mentioned.

For a first step into the realm of Warhammer 40K: Space Marines Universe - I thought it was fantastic. It was a good first step to make, in my honest opinion. I'd go see a movie like this in the theater simply because I am a huge fan of the Dawn of War series, and the few WH40K books that I own.

I would have to agree with Londo though. I'd prefer to see the Armageddon Wars right now. I want to see the billions of Orks, and billions of Humans/Space Marines fighting for their worlds and chapters.

God. That would be one bloody **Filtered** movie. DADDY WANTS!
Tyber Zann
JUAN's Successor, Buck's Inheritor, Semper's mailed fist
Alternate name(s): Tyber Zann, tom twin

Noobert wrote:Another completely different theory could be that fighting the 100+ Space Marines, and Vehicles that they depleted most of their armed soldiers in the process. That seems most viable if not for the first part I mentioned.

OR...they suck balls at rolling armour saves :-D
Help find my old Tyber Zann sigs :(
The Iron Duke
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Nemesis Novus
ID: 1915260

It was never supposed to be a major blockbuster, more of something to give their fans so I was happy. The SM captain was cool, the demon was also very cool, so was the chaplain :D
Most of the effects were fairly average but it was a very good short snap into the warhammer world

I lol'd at the shell casing. Gotta love purging the Xenos :-D
Destroyer of Worlds, Defender of Noobs, Dan Dan the Dustbin Man!
'
Spoiler

Return to “Grand Cinema”