What inspires you?

lone dragon
Forum Expert
Race: something

What inspires you?

Not sure if this is the right section if not mods feel free to move to where appropriate.
I guess for me music, good times and proving people wrong always inspires me.
Spoiler
天龍; Fight a good fight...as I will rise from the ashes..
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

Re: What inspires you?

hehe I like proving ppl wrong too,

my sister inlaw inspires me as a person.. so much inner strength and fortitude ... 3 bouts of cancer and heart problems but still standing..

friends that stand by you through thick and thin...
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Proving yourself right and others wrong is satisfying in an ego trip kind a way, but I dont think it's inspiring really, being on the other side and being proved wrong may inspire you to try harder I guess, dont really know as Im never on that side lol

Things that inspire me,

Children, they have more imagination, still think themselves immortal, still think they have no limits and can do anything. Also taking you children or in my case nieces/nephews to do things like ride roller coasters, bikes, skating, pretty much anything you have already done and are now bored of, even simple things like reading them a story. Seeing them enjoy it makes it fun for you again.

Science, every new discovery gives the belief that given enough time people ( way smarter than me ) can figure out everything.

Heroic tales, when you here about people who have done something truly selfless like running into a burning building to save someone else. We all like to think we would show the same courage in the circumstances, and every time someone else does it adds to our self belief that we could do the same.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
lone dragon
Forum Expert

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:hehe I like proving ppl wrong too,

my sister inlaw inspires me as a person.. so much inner strength and fortitude ... 3 bouts of cancer and heart problems but still standing..

She must be an amazing woman

MEZZANINE wrote:Proving yourself right and others wrong is satisfying in an ego trip kind a way, but I dont think it's inspiring really, being on the other side and being proved wrong may inspire you to try harder I guess, dont really know as Im never on that side lol

Things that inspire me,

Children, they have more imagination, still think themselves immortal, still think they have no limits and can do anything. Also taking you children or in my case nieces/nephews to do things like ride roller coasters, bikes, skating, pretty much anything you have already done and are now bored of, even simple things like reading them a story. Seeing them enjoy it makes it fun for you again.

Science, every new discovery gives the belief that given enough time people ( way smarter than me ) can figure out everything.

Heroic tales, when you here about people who have done something truly selfless like running into a burning building to save someone else. We all like to think we would show the same courage in the circumstances, and every time someone else does it adds to our self belief that we could do the same.

While I understand your point and people who strive to be better than they are is a great thing I hope to say I am not ego orientated I mean in the sense when some thing is said is impossible I myself am driven to breach and break the myth, I have many scars for it especially to prove it can be done. In my life I have saved peoples lives (not that I take any pride in it) as anyone would its an automatic response, but while you may see it as inspiring I see it as normal, I cant see it as special its about doing whats right.
Spoiler
Q Man
blarney stone
ID: 0

being successful at certain things can make me feel more inspired.

Sport, I know alot may find it silly, but watching sport and when one of those magical moments happen that just make you believe anything is possible. As a Liverpool fan, I remember finding the events in istanbul fairly inspiring!

Some sporting heroes can have that effect as well, especially team sports, when one person can pull off something special and prove people wrong.

Music as well can be very inspiring.

And movies can also inspire you as well. Or even tv shows.
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

lone dragon wrote:
ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:hehe I like proving ppl wrong too,

She must be an amazing woman

MEZZANINE wrote:Proving yourself right and others wrong is satisfying in an ego trip kind a way, but I dont think it's inspiring really, being on the other side and being proved wrong may inspire you to try harder I guess, dont really know as Im never on that side lol

Things that inspire me,

While I understand your point and people who strive to be better than they are is a great thing I hope to say I am not ego orientated I mean in the sense when some thing is said is impossible I myself am driven to breach and break the myth, I have many scars for it especially to prove it can be done. In my life I have saved peoples lives (not that I take any pride in it) as anyone would its an automatic response, but while you may see it as inspiring I see it as normal, I cant see it as special its about doing whats right.

If you have saved lives you should take pride in it, dont know what job you do, I guess for some professions it may just become the norm, but most people are never in the situation where we could save a life. Doing whats right should be automatic but it most things it is not, so I hope your right that it is an automatic response when lives are at risk.

Q Man wrote:being successful at certain things can make me feel more inspired.

Sport, I know alot may find it silly, but watching sport and when one of those magical moments happen that just make you believe anything is possible. As a Liverpool fan, I remember finding the events in istanbul fairly inspiring!

Some sporting heroes can have that effect as well, especially team sports, when one person can pull off something special and prove people wrong.

Music as well can be very inspiring.

And movies can also inspire you as well. Or even tv shows.

Olympics maybe, individuals striving to be the best at something. Dont do it for me, but I can see how it might inspire some to do the same.

BUT

Commercial sports like football, absolutely no way, a bunch of guys earning £50,000 a week to kick about a ball, then getting fame for behaving badly in gutter rags while good people like firemen, medics etc are underpaid and under appreciated. Frankly footballers make me sick and the only thing they inspire me to do is punch them or run them over in my car if I was ever given the oppertunity.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
lone dragon
Forum Expert

MEZZANINE wrote:If you have saved lives you should take pride in it, dont know what job you do, I guess for some professions it may just become the norm, but most people are never in the situation where we could save a life. Doing whats right should be automatic but it most things it is not, so I hope your right that it is an automatic response when lives are at risk.

Its not my job, but its the right thing to do so if you in there you either panic or relax and from that you move on with what has to be done. Also it depends how you define saving lives too you can save a person by just talking to him, or grab a child from falling off a rail on a second story building there both the same. Anyone can do it but you have to chose to do something.
Spoiler

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”