Trip to Mars?

Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Trip to Mars?

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

Re: Trip to Mars?

whos that astronaut that go on that mission knowing he wont return by choice
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

the human nature wont let a person despite his condition to have that fate.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

The feasibility of going to Mars depends on whether you believe we went to the moon or not. Move try trying to escape conspiracy theories though. :smt047

A one way trip is a retarded idea. For starters, that is why we have drones.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed

Alpha13snake
Forum Irregular
Alliance: V For Victory
Race: Human

How are we going to pay for this then when we're all broke and starving?

Oh, I know, we can borrow it from our friends over in China...

This is a joke.

I just had a look at the board and there isn't a single thread that is titled the new world order or NWO... Why did you feel the need to add that Kitfox?
"Revolution 2011!!!"

The Normalcy Bias

The normalcy bias refers to an extreme mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of the government to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred that it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation.

Are you suffering from normalcy bias?
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

What the HECK would we get out of a one way trip besides radio transmissions and dead bodies?
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Alpha13snake wrote:How are we going to pay for this then when we're all broke and starving?

It's a hypothetical question.

You don't PAY for a hypothetical question.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Alpha13snake
Forum Irregular

Z E R O wrote:
Alpha13snake wrote:How are we going to pay for this then when we're all broke and starving?

OK, hyopthetically how are we to pay for this?

Does this idea not include having to pay for materials and such?

All the problems in the world and your wanting to think about going to Mars...
"Revolution 2011!!!"

The Normalcy Bias

The normalcy bias refers to an extreme mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of the government to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred that it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation.

Z E R O
Forum Addict

Alpha13snake wrote:
Z E R O wrote:

OK, hyopthetically how are we to pay for this?

Does this idea not include having to pay for materials and such?

All the problems in the world and your wanting to think about going to Mars...

Seriously, is this necessary? He's asking people they're opinions on a simple question, you're making this way more complicated than it has to be.

Basically, if HUMANITY (not the west, not china, not anyone in particular) had the Funds/Technology to send a shuttle to mars should it be manned, or drone operated... discuss pro's and cons of either. Remember, this has nothing to do with the REAL WORLD. It's just a purely hypothetical question.

Now state your opinion as you're not contributing anything to the conversation except being a troll.

Edit- Pardon me for my mislabeling the question, it was actually would it be better to send a human to mars to stay, or one to return..
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Return I think, if we're speaking on a first time basis. Eventually, you'll need to have men stay there, whether for a week or a month, scientists who go and study on the planet itself. Having astronauts just stay there for too extended a period of time will be useless I think, better yet to have a sort of cycle or shifts of 2 weeks or so with data constantly being collected during the stay and analysed when back on earth.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Alpha13snake
Forum Irregular

Z E R O wrote:Now state your opinion as you're not contributing anything to the conversation except being a troll.

Don't call me a troll because I ask a valid question...

Who would benefit from this exactly & how?

This is a silly idea, as we have already had drones on Mars haven't we? Rover anyone?

http://marsrover.nasa.gov/home/

Sending a man there is pointless at this point in time...

We should be focused on renewable energy before we set our eyes on sending limited resources to distant planets at great expense to the common man.

We haven't even explored our own oceans properly yet. So why should we want to go to Mars, which for all intents and purposes is a dead planet?
"Revolution 2011!!!"

The Normalcy Bias

Z E R O
Forum Addict

Alpha13snake wrote:
Z E R O wrote:Now state your opinion as you're not contributing anything to the conversation except being a troll.

Don't call me a troll because I ask a valid question...

I'm calling you a troll because he asked a simple question and you're attempting to pick it apart and make it into something it's not. It doesn't matter whether or not it's possible, beneficial, or economically feasible at this time or at any point in the future. It's just a question, a what if question. Which so far you have avoided altogether in order to pursue your own personal agenda.

It really is a simple question I don't get why you are having such a hard time grasping the concept of it. Not everything has to be serious. It's a fun question to consider, instead of like Kit said, the typical NWO/chemtrail/fluoride/bankster/"Conspiracy" ect topics that the serious discussion section typically contains.

Anyways, enough arguing with you.

My opinion on the question is, by the way.. That sending a man alone to mars to stay and research seems to be kind of pointless without bringing him back.. Perhaps if the people/government/corporation sending this person to mars didn't have the resources to be able to fund a round trip, they should consider waiting on it. I do see the benefit of having a human over a unmanned drone... but as far as I know there wouldn't be ways to properly communicate earthside (or at least without massive delays) and the person researching would probably perish once his food/water supplies ran out. If they can't afford to bring him back, then they can't afford to send him water or food either.

The only reason I can think of to leave anyone on mars would be to estabilesh some sort of... colony. Which would take far more than one person, and far greater technology than we currently have.
Last edited by Z E R O on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Sammael
Alteran
ID: 36867
Alternate name(s): Sammael

Simple nether, why should we go to mars. Its a dry rock with no visible or reasonably applications to our survival. Face it we have killed this planet, we should put our resources in to making space travel quicker so we can get out of our little solar system and see if we can find a suitable planet to colonizes because it won't be long before we have killed this planet off.

If i had to chose, Return Trip. Bring back samples from the surfaces. A suicide Trip doesn't have anyway applications unless they send one of the resources ships back with samples.
~ Sammael The UnKnown of the ORI ~

~ The Tank ~

War Never Changes, Just The People Who Fight It
In The Service of Nemesis Empire
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”