In less than 90 days, you will be "REQUIRED" by Federal.....

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

In less than 90 days, you will be "REQUIRED" by Federal.....

Law to carry a "National ID" card.

http://current.com/news/93028205_in-les ... d-card.htm

If this isn't opposed and goes ahead in the US it will go global, nobody in a so called "free society" will escape this....I'll die first before i let them do this to me or mine....

Can anyone say "ihre papiere bitte"?

Discuss please.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

Re: In less than 90 days, you will be "REQUIRED" by Federal.

[KMA]Avenger wrote:Can anyone say "ihre papiere bitte"?

I can, since I come from germany :P

anyway, 99% of the times I go out I also carry my wallet with me which includes my ID card.
So even if I don't like that step, it won't change a lot for me ...
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I already carry an ID card, a license and whatnot. Who cares if it's made mandatory?
As for the GPS chip.. you think the government doesn't know where you are right now? *chuckles* Privacy is an illusion, brother. Changes like this don't make it any worse, nor any better. Just more .. clear. :)

:smt064 Hi G, still in business, I see? ;)
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:I already carry an ID card, a license and whatnot. Who cares if it's made mandatory?
We all should.
As for the GPS chip.. you think the government doesn't know where you are right now? *chuckles* Privacy is an illusion, brother. Changes like this don't make it any worse, nor any better. Just more .. clear. :)
Facts or rumors? I'd say refuse.

Bias Admin colour
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Mittenz wrote:
Juliette wrote:I already carry an ID card, a license and whatnot. Who cares if it's made mandatory?
We all should.

Ad 1. Why? It's rather easy to say we have to care without giving any reasons whatsoever, except for a half-decent Godwin.
Ad 2. Fact. Do you use electronic payment? Do you have a cellphone? Do you have a car? Are you visible when you are recorded by a camera? Answer yes to any of these questions, and you will make my point. ;)
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:
Mittenz wrote:
We all should.

Ad 1. Why? It's rather easy to say we have to care without giving any reasons whatsoever, except for a half-decent Godwin.
Ad 2. Fact. Do you use electronic payment? Do you have a cellphone? Do you have a car? Are you visible when you are recorded by a camera? Answer yes to any of these questions, and you will make my point. ;)

We should care because the government's implementation of something that directly affects its citizens should be voted, debated, carefully examined before any proceedings. Because I, the citizen would not like something forced upon me without my consent and full understanding.
Yes i do have a cellphone. But while you have good reasons why one should be able to trace said items (and not to be traced) I do not see the reason why a person should be located through his ID card.
Bias Admin colour
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Mittenz wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Mittenz wrote:
We all should.

We should care because the government's implementation of something that directly affects its citizens should be voted, debated, carefully examined before any proceedings. Because I, the citizen would not like something forced upon me without my consent and full understanding.
Yes i do have a cellphone. But while you have good reasons why one should be able to trace said items (and not to be traced) I do not see the reason why a person should be located through his ID card.
Fair enough, I understand the sentiment. ;)
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity

UK Id cards have been scrapped, first they were going to be all singing, all dancing mandatory biometric cards, then they were downgraded because the tech didnt work properly and was too expensive, then they were made optional due to human rights issues and the fact without the biometrics they would be just as easy to fake as passports & Licenses, now the few people who opted for an optional card and paid for it themselves supposedly valid for 10 years and able to be used in Europe instead of a passport and Driving License have now had theirs scrapped only a couple of years in with NO refunds.

TBH I have nothing against Id cards in theory and think if they could not be faked they would be very useful in the UK, even more so in the US where they have huge open land borders, but given that every other kind of Id can be faked I recon fake Id cards will soon be available and it will all be a hue waste of time & money.

I bet some military contractor will be making vast sums of money developing, managing and manufacturing these cards, those contractors are no doubt the ones who want these cards introduced, not for security, FOR MONEY

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Same here, always have papers on me, and barely ever got checked by police anyway. But I'm so aware about the fact the day I will forget them, I will be checked (that works for almost everything, train tickets etc lol).

I don't see what's wrong? It's not like there are security patrols every corners asking for it every time...
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

heh they can try, I don't use any LEGAL personality identification I use REAL personality identification. I could give a rats ass, I will die on my feet before you see me fall to my knees. I don't consent, haven't ever consented, and I don't believe government is good for anything.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Iƒrit wrote:heh they can try, I don't use any LEGAL personality identification I use REAL personality identification. I could give a rats ass, I will die on my feet before you see me fall to my knees. I don't consent, haven't ever consented, and I don't believe government is good for anything.
Anarchy is so LSD..
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

1stly JULIET! *spanks Juliet* glad you're back! Yep, i'm still here plugging away till peeps open their eyes and engage their brains lol

Some great opinions i enjoyed reading (which is ultimately why i made the post in the 1st place and not because of NWO related-whatever ;) )

Personally (as those who know me-already know) i will never accept anything like an ID card even though i have a license and passport (those are bad enough) and yes i can be tracked and traced, spied on and listened to already if TPTB so wished, does that mean i should just shrug and say "oh well, nothing new here!" and accept it if they tried to revamp it in the UK? I think not!

I agree with most of Mez's opening post in this thread but i will say that, if an ID card is accepted in the US and is proved to work and cannot be faked...where does that leave the rest of the "free" world?

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Juliette wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:heh they can try, I don't use any LEGAL personality identification I use REAL personality identification. I could give a rats ass, I will die on my feet before you see me fall to my knees. I don't consent, haven't ever consented, and I don't believe government is good for anything.
Anarchy is so LSD..

Philosophies will differ, we both can argue back and forth and neither can make a rational arguement on everything to the other ;)
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Even though I'm not really specialized in philosophy and might not be the best gifted to talk about it (Juliette is more competent than me in this area), I would like to say that I agree with Hobbes' idea of "state of nature"/anarchy, that it is a "war of all against all", and that every single person fights for their own interest, not so far from jungle law.

Maybe (?) because I didn't take much philosophy courses, I cannot disagree with what Hobbes said regarding anarchy/"state of nature", because it's true.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Iƒrit wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Anarchy is so LSD..
Philosophies will differ, we both can argue back and forth and neither can make a rational arguement on everything to the other ;)
:smt060 Spot on. (By LSD I meant Last Season Drama, not Lucy's Diamonds.)

[KMA]Avenger wrote:1stly JULIET! *spanks Juliet* glad you're back! Yep, i'm still here plugging away till peeps open their eyes and engage their brains lol
Good, it reminds me of Muse and that makes me happy. :-D
[KMA]Avenger wrote: Some great opinions i enjoyed reading (which is ultimately why i made the post in the 1st place and not because of NWO related-whatever ;) )

Personally (as those who know me-already know) i will never accept anything like an ID card even though i have a license and passport (those are bad enough) and yes i can be tracked and traced, spied on and listened to already if TPTB so wished, does that mean i should just shrug and say "oh well, nothing new here!" and accept it if they tried to revamp it in the UK? I think not!

I agree with most of Mez's opening post in this thread but i will say that, if an ID card is accepted in the US and is proved to work and cannot be faked...where does that leave the rest of the "free" world?
I'd contest the 'free world' terminology, but you've already given appropriate concern to the 'un-free' nature of our 'democracy'. It's easy to give people freedom when they are powerless to change things. Take a look at the Arab Uprising, for example. People had power (for a few days), because they were not given any to start with. The fact that they/we are too stupid or too inexperienced to maintain initiative and keep on the offence as it pertains to personal and political freedom and global self-representation notwithstanding, there were a few days in which the people had REAL power. REAL independence. Not being represented by 'chosen representatives' does have it's charms, but the costs of a direct democracy might exceed the benefits gained. Then again, perhaps you cannot put a price on TRUE freedom? :)

Forgive me if I strayed, it's been a while since I had to form coherent articles. :smt064

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”