Suggest any improvements
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Re: So what is the problem?

Recent changes to increase TOC go a long way towards addressing previous in balances.
Inactive players with high personal defensive levels can now be descended.

However, I think that no one should be to be descended in under 12 hours.
Players need to sleep, work, study - live some of their life away from the computer.

Tekki wrote:Part of my problem is that catching up is just not possible now.

I disagree. I know of many players that have significantly improved their ascended accounts in under 3-6 months by simply logging in and farming for 10 minutes a day.

Lets use Main as a baseline for comparison.
How long would it take to build a good account in main (with 23 Ascensions and Covert 38)?

It's considerably easier to build a good account in ascended than it is in main.

However, you do need to log in to play.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Things Liked/Disliked about Ascended

What are some things people like or don't like about ascended that should be changed, that should maybe be removed, or that should be kept? Using his topic to get a better understanding for admin and others about what doesn't work and what works for ascended.
Last edited by BMMJ13 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Eelyzabth
Forum Irregular
Alliance: DDE
Race: replicator
ID: 1961519

Re: Things Disliked about Ascended

:there should be a message received in main when you are attacked in ascended, ascended beeings in stargate could 'feel' attacks by other ascended beings eg, morgan le fay was telling danial jackson about merlins weapon and 'felt' the other ascended being wheen they knew she was doing so!
:no instant hit/spy button on you at war list, so farming and spying is a pain and takes ages
:can only click to buy one level on the power up page, rather than entering a number, so takes ages too
:no decent guides for the newly ascended, its very hard to work out what to do there from scratch
:having to log in 3 times a day to prevent decention, we DO have lives and not everyones job involves sitting behind a desk with a computer on!
:no ppt for if you just want to go away for 1 day or are unwell
:the fact that we never signed up to play it, spent months getting it to a point where we could sign in once a day/every other day, believing we were ok, then boundaries got moved and the few that actually want to play it are now so far ahead... if we HAVE to play it, it should be connected to the rest of GW and NOT a seperate game, and there should be an option to not play without losing ALL of your ascended bonus, ascended blessings!

seriously, I feel like I just wasted an entire year ascending, missing out on covert levels etc...no wonder people are quitting
Some girls turn heads. DDE girls break necks.....oh and.... Its NOT a bra, its a lacy summer top!!
My DDE Medals
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Field Marshall wrote: Lizzy for president =D>
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

Re: Things Liked/Disliked about Ascended

I personally like that resources are fairly limited, though some would say too much.

No bank, Limit on number of ats, no trading and no raiding means people often have what they either have or can farm quickly so it makes it an interesting aspect of ascended.
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Things liked- Limitations on resources and graphics

Things disliked- a push to make this the main for GW..(does this count?)

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

Jedi~Tank wrote:Things liked- Limitations on resources and graphics

i disagree there It needs more ways to get resources because there are a handful of acc with Income rest sit without and huge untrained rate....

I like Bmmj's idea about giving untrained Income and boosting stats

Here
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

Resources can still be limited yet more abundant. No bank, trading, and limiting ats helps with this.
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

GOLDEN WING wrote:

i disagree there It needs more ways to get resources because there are a handful of acc with Income rest sit without and huge untrained rate....

Here

Well if resources become more abundant then you have to play it more to maintain and keep up thus you will lose the working class as members..Its a strectch to keep up with both nowadays.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

Jedi~Tank wrote:
GOLDEN WING wrote:

Here

Well if resources become more abundant then you have to play it more to maintain and keep up thus you will lose the working class as members..Its a strectch to keep up with both nowadays.

True....

that is the problem Ascended needs a Massive change not just with descending but as a game because its not very fun atm and if those changes happen some people will just give up instead of giving them a chance to work.

Its like with the main update Ages ago before you could take down any defense with less than half the strike,ive heard people say they wish that type of game style back because we had tons more players back then,compared to now plus it was allot of fun a noob could destroy a big account with the right resources and it wasn't unbalanced.

same thing will happen with ascended but its a different case now....

Off Topic:
It always happens with EVERY game just the Major difference is Gatewars Doesn't Promote its self online these games are meant to change allot over a year and old players leave and newer players join cycle of the Online game Industry so there is no way to make everyone happy :/
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
renegadze
Forum Elite

No because if this was the main for GW, then the game would be a hell of a lot better!
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

I Doubt that

Deni
renegadze
Forum Elite

Jedi~Tank wrote:I Doubt that

erm no i dont, of all the new people who start....100% that leave, leave because of main...not ascended. If you're looking to get people in the door, making main better should be the paramount concern...no the whining people that can now be descended
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Colos
The Ascended
Alliance: None
Race: Human

Stop this, both of you. First and last warning.

Colos
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Jason... wrote:
Colos wrote:I was a God, too.
Fixxed
renegadze
Forum Elite

.......... wrote:
renegadze wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
renegadze wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:I Doubt that

erm no i dont, of all the new people who start....100% that leave, leave because of main...not ascended. If you're looking to get people in the door, making main better should be the paramount concern...no the whining people that can now be descended

Of all the players I have met you whine the most or have done in the past..Stop trolling and look at this in a proper perspective.

I whine the most...you spent the most...what a perfect couple we make. :smt060

I started playing this game from day 2...I've kinda been around long enough to know what works....I even got to laugh at you when you were a stat builder that cried when people hit you :smt043.

I was never a stats builder dum ass lol or a tag hider

Sorry kinda derailed your topic there....the worst part of ascended are the people moan about being descended....try bulding stats it's pretty easy.

@ JT... tag hider? lol there is not such things now days...maybe get with the times.

and you sure about the stat building....I am pretty sure I can find an msn convo when you were invited to an alliance (pre dde) and you declined because you might get massed. I'm all for a bit of forum bravado....but you cant kid a kidder, nor apparently lie to someone who has had you on msn for a VERY long time (just not with this name)

EDIT...sorry Colos this came during your post
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Colos
The Ascended
Alliance: None
Race: Human

Nevermind... if it was the last time you off-topic'd :-D

Colos
ImageImageImage