Movies/TV

Chat about your favorite movie?
Does that new film look great or like an epic fail?
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Movies/TV

I have a question to all avid movie lovers, and television show watchers.

Tell me - what is the deal with the cheap guns in movies and television series? I do not understand. It seems so frequent that we see them using shotguns, or the ugliest, dirtiest pistol they can find.

Has anyone else ever noticed this and wondered "Why if they are so powerful, do they have the **Filtered** weapons known to man?"
x_N1GHTW1NG_x
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Sand Village~
Race: Superhero
ID: 1995751

Re: Movies/TV

my mate works at cardiff film university and iv spoke to him about this before.

apparently to use the new day weapons going around theres an injunction in place so they cannot show them for different purposes, and to show old weapons on tv they have to do so much paperwork and it costs so much just so they can show it for 5 mins, is it even worth it?

the injunction or whatever is in place is so people cant see what type of weapons the military currently use, they say it could be used as background information to find ways to beat the military with the weapons they currently have.

i just think its all bull mind ya lol xD
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG -
AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK -
TUR - TUE
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Noobert wrote:I have a question to all avid movie lovers, and television show watchers.

Tell me - what is the deal with the cheap guns in movies and television series? I do not understand. It seems so frequent that we see them using shotguns, or the ugliest, dirtiest pistol they can find.

Has anyone else ever noticed this and wondered "Why if they are so powerful, do they have the **Filtered** weapons known to man?"

I always assumed it was because brand spanking shiny new guns look fake even when they are real. Similar thing with cars, planes etc, if it looks to good and new you assume they are CGI. Older guns, cars, planes, whatever, have more character and seem more real.

x_N1GHTW1NG_x wrote:my mate works at cardiff film university and iv spoke to him about this before.

apparently to use the new day weapons going around theres an injunction in place so they cannot show them for different purposes, and to show old weapons on tv they have to do so much paperwork and it costs so much just so they can show it for 5 mins, is it even worth it?

the injunction or whatever is in place is so people cant see what type of weapons the military currently use, they say it could be used as background information to find ways to beat the military with the weapons they currently have.

i just think its all bull mind ya lol xD

Woot woot Cardiff

Is that really true about new weapons ? We see the latest weapons on the news all the time, Ive even heard the specs, rate of fire, range, accuracy, weight etc quoted on news and documentaries so why not in film ? Makes no sense to me.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

This is from Splinter.

I'm talking about movies though, where people such as Drug Lords, Mafia Members, etc that roll with outdated shotguns when they have the money to buy weapons that are untraceable and have better impact.
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Some movies have them, some don't. I don't know why. :?
An example of movies with nice guns would be From Paris With Love.
Bias Admin colour
x_N1GHTW1NG_x
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Sand Village~
Race: Superhero
ID: 1995751

the film industry have to buy rights from the government to use that type of gun in there movie, aswell as the news is just one program, if missed not many people are guna rush to the computers to see the news again, with movies there different, you can buy them on dvd or blu ray and watch it over and over again. meaning background information can be gained everytime someone watches that dvd. also dvds are a world phenonmenon so you can get dvds even in afghanistan and stuff so they could buy the dvd with new weapons in and get background information.

i heard iron man 2 or iron man 1 had to pay like $20 million just to use the weapons they created because the basis of the guns were from old design.
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG -
AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK -
TUR - TUE

Return to “Grand Cinema”