Terra Nova

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon
ID: 0

Terra Nova

starts tmr :{O

http://www.fox.com/terranova/

Could this be as good as LOST?
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Bous
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Mist Village
Race: Asgard

Re: Terra Nova

Doesn't start until next week here in Ireland (on Sky1). Hope it's good but not like Lost! I found Lost really quite tedious past the 1st season. Not sure what line they are going with here, other than that suggested by the trailers. Will have to wait and see. Got a Jurassic Park meets Starship Troopers vibe.
Regards,

Bous

Heisenberg
Forum Expert
Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

KnowLedge wrote:starts tmr :{O

http://www.fox.com/terranova/

Could this be as good as LOST?

Nothing will ever be as good as LOST!
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

This actually interests me more than Lost.

DINOSAUR, RAWRAWR.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

conspiracy in the Neolithic age is crap , i hope it brings some true to the human origins instead of another big lie
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Just watched it. It was..interesting.

The show leaves much to be desired, and hopefully it can prove that point in the future. It has a mysterious background in the plot line but a main focus - survive.

I enjoyed it, and look forward to watch more. :-k
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

Just watched it and i have to say it was rubbish and by that i mean to much "family crap"....this episode cost millions to make and months to finish and i read that it had problems...You could tell...The first 55 min nothing happened then something happened then everybody hugged...2 hours of my life wasted :smt021 .
Replace the rubbish dinosaurs with the Aliens from Falling Skies and it's the same crappy TV show...because Fox have hyped it to death they won't take it of air even if nobody watches it....i just hope that they don't cancel Fringe and give this show a second season...
Also was it just me or was the music over the top...everytime something happened they had their own music...it was hard to hear what they was saying...it was worse then Doctor Who (music) and i never thought that was posible...

3.5/10 overall....i wish i could give it a higher score but it sucked donkey balls :smt087
~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

I liked it, its got alot of promise, i'll be watching in the future, The first episode was always gonna be more about the people than expanding the storyline for the pure simple fact of needing to know someone to find out what motivates and drives them. ;)
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

Feels a lot like dinotopia remake. I liked it, but I fear they can't do much with the plot. I expect a lot of fillers in this.

The fact that it's about a family helps the show I think. It allows more people in the family to relate to the show.
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Death
Forum Irregular

Lithium wrote:conspiracy in the Neolithic age is crap , i hope it brings some true to the human origins instead of another big lie
65 million years BC is not 'neolithic'.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Just watched the 1st episode and not sure TBH, has potential get better but also potential turn into total cheese.

Going 85 million years back in time, my first thought was thats silly they will be all be killed off by the same thing the dinosaurs got kill by, asteroid or whatever, but I guess they still have millions of years to find a way to survive lol

Seems like a mix of Outcasts & Jurassic Park. The 'post apocalyptic starting over' thing has been done many times in various ways, this show will have to work hard to compete.

Guess we will have the usual formula, the deep sub plot running throughout with little clues, and episodes alternating between family drama one week and action the next.

The opening episode was pretty good so I will watch the next few and see how it goes.

Some very intriguing stuff to hook us

[spoiler]The question of why the colony was started, who are the real goodies/baddies ? The leader or the renegade 6ers ? What are the formula's on the rocks for ? Guessing they are timetravel stuff.[/spoiler]

On a side note, I HOPE THIS IS NOTHING LIKE LOST. If it starts going that way I will quit watching immediately.

@ Nightlight, take a chill pill mano, and dont be dissin' the Dr. Also Fringe was good right up to the end of series 3, then they did that ending that was rubbish.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Agreed with Mezz. **Filtered** as always. :roll: :P
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

I think i might have been on one the other morning as my telescope had broken about a hour before i watched it so i was not in the best of moods :smt022
I plan on watching the second episode and hopefully my new telescope will be at mine by then :-D

Also fringe rocks last season was great and this season looks good to...
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Alright. I've been watching this bad boy too. What can I say? The pilot couple of episodes gave me hope that this could turn into a less cerebral and mystery whoring LOST. It had dino's, a few mysteries The Othe..I mean Sixers, technology, a few good looking ladies and an A-list celebrity hot off the Avatar train.

So the first question that came to mind after watching episode three and it's apparent failure to go dino with Hitchcocks birds is What the hell went wrong? The story with the old university buddy was a little weak and it's emergence during a pretty servere crisis (having a nice chat before taking off to save the day... how cheesely non-chalant), the birds failed to inspire any form of fear and the graphics are still awful! Not to mention we've apparently completely forgotten episode one and two's family issues.

I just hope episode four picks the pace back up...
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Fourth Episode..Eh.

I'm not really all that happy with the way the show is going.

Relationships developing in the span of an episode or two? Things of that nature doesn't sit so well with me. At least make it look like somebody else will get the girl, god damn.

Return to “The TV room”