Psi's... feedback?

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Psi's... feedback?

i'm not really expecting much.

but if you have a criticism, please link to the specific incident so i can answer for it.

alternatively, if you're going to spam, please don't be blue, green, or orange. the lack of professionalism you guys show repeatedly sometimes grains on my conscious.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Re: Psi's... feedback?

The fact you haven't bothered to capitalize 'i' annoys me slightly. That's not spam, by the way, because I'm genuinely quite OCD about that sort of thing.

In all seriousness, though, I think you're terrific. Like me, you're a former admin. Like me, you didn't find that role as transcendental as the papers claim. Like me, you're back again. Like a lingering fart, or the person who insists on ordering another drink when everybody else is about to leave. You're trying your utmost to strangle one last thrust of satisfaction from this graveyard of an environment. You've made mistakes, as I have, but at the end of the day I think you're in it for the right reasons. I think you're honest, fair and straightforward. The fact you're an ex-admin merely makes you all the more valuable. If SGW was a town, you and I would be at the bar. You're an asset, and the mod team would be all the poorer without you.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie
Alliance: Dead
ID: 911
Alternate name(s): Huxley

Very unprofessional, after my dispute with your moderators you pmed me saying you'd look into it and then locked my thread quoting "Locking this for the time being". Not once did I receive a pm back with an update. If you can't remember one small complaint in your section then I don't even want to know how you'd handle multiple complaints simultaneously. Not only that, but it's been 17 days since you locked my thread. I don't think it takes that long to deal with the situation and post a response in the thread. IMO you were given the position not based on your skill but based on your previous adminship.
Made by Noobert for his Official BFF. (it's true!)
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

@Empy: did you pm Psi asking what was happening with the thread?

@Psi: Great mod, knew you a bit from my early IRC days, easy to get along with, has helped me a couple of times when I've asked for advice on how to handle something.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Very unprofessional, after my dispute with your moderators you pmed me saying you'd look into it and then locked my thread quoting "Locking this for the time being". Not once did I receive a pm back with an update. If you can't remember one small complaint in your section then I don't even want to know how you'd handle multiple complaints simultaneously. Not only that, but it's been 17 days since you locked my thread. I don't think it takes that long to deal with the situation and post a response in the thread. IMO you were given the position not based on your skill but based on your previous adminship.

your response went Here because it had already reached the ombudsman before i finished looking into it. if PM's had been working sooner, i would've directly PM'd both the admins and Odin your ombudsman when i had reached my conclusion. unfortunately, the forum was broke, and i tried sending the PM about 3-4 separate times and they didn't get sent. and i didn't want to violate the ombudsman's prerogative to post in his locked thread earlier.

since the issue was escalated above my head, i didn't feel that a response from me was still required, as the stage above me has final say anyway.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie

Haz wrote:@Empy: did you pm Psi asking what was happening with the thread?

Remember what I said about always butting into that which does not concern you?

As for Psi, you pmed me back saying "i'm am looking into it. will get back to you when i have more information." The important part of that being "will get back to you" kind of implies you will update me on the situation. Also the thread that you locked 18 days ago. What happened with that? I am a mere forum user, I should not have to baby sit the GMs when they cannot do their job.
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:
Haz wrote:@Empy: did you pm Psi asking what was happening with the thread?

Remember what I said about always butting into that which does not concern you?

You didn't answer my question. And you didn't seem to have a problem when Earendil asked a question in my feedback thread. It was a simple question.

And it may not concern me, but I was hoping to help either you or Psi in your problem. Perhaps Psi got distracted and forgot about the thread, a simple "Hey, any more news on <insert thread here>? It has been a few days and I was hoping to find out how things went?" would have reminded him.

This is a public forum, so anyone is allowed to contribute. If you don't wish for anyone to contribute, there are various other methods of communication available for you to use to ensure no one else "butts in".
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie

I've been told blacklisting mods doesn't work so these so called methods don't work. Also as I said before, it's not my job to babysit the GMs. If they can't handle the job then they should do the honourable thing and resign. And no I didn't pm Psi because as my opinion states above, I feel his incompetence would've left me wasting my time writing up a pm to someone who blatantly lied twice within the same day.

P.S It's not hard to forget about a thread which maintained its position at the top of the anime section during those 17 days.
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:I've been told blacklisting mods doesn't work so these so called methods don't work. Also as I said before, it's not my job to babysit the GMs. If they can't handle the job then they should do the honourable thing and resign. And no I didn't pm Psi because as my opinion states above, I feel his incompetence would've left me wasting my time writing up a pm to someone who blatantly lied twice within the same day.

P.S It's not hard to forget about a thread which maintained its position at the top of the anime section during those 17 days.

I meant methods such as PMing Psi or talking on msn, this ensures others cannot "butt in" unless you invite them.

Remember, Psi moderates more than just the anime section.

And it hardly is babysitting, it would just be a simple reminder.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie

And the reason Psi still has not done anything about the thread in question despite him/her reading my annoyance at his/her skills is because?
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:And the reason Psi still has not done anything about the thread in question despite him/her reading my annoyance at his/her skills is because?

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Very unprofessional, after my dispute with your moderators you pmed me saying you'd look into it and then locked my thread quoting "Locking this for the time being". Not once did I receive a pm back with an update. If you can't remember one small complaint in your section then I don't even want to know how you'd handle multiple complaints simultaneously. Not only that, but it's been 17 days since you locked my thread. I don't think it takes that long to deal with the situation and post a response in the thread. IMO you were given the position not based on your skill but based on your previous adminship.

your response went Here because it had already reached the ombudsman before i finished looking into it. if PM's had been working sooner, i would've directly PM'd both the admins and Odin your ombudsman when i had reached my conclusion. unfortunately, the forum was broke, and i tried sending the PM about 3-4 separate times and they didn't get sent. and i didn't want to violate the ombudsman's prerogative to post in his locked thread earlier.

since the issue was escalated above my head, i didn't feel that a response from me was still required, as the stage above me has final say anyway.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie

No where does it state why nothing has been done with my thread.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

because the thread is dead. i killed it and i'm not bringing it back. if it'd will make you feel better, i'll remove it as well.
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie

Well I guess we can add to your list of remarkable qualities that you hold grudges against people who speak their minds. At least you only took 18 days to make your decision. Bravo Psi, you'll go far!
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

i killed it cause it broke the rules. not because of some "magic grudge" i have against you.

i have more important things to worry about than what a complete stranger thinks of me(or how i do things) on a forum. i merely threw in the "remove it" comment because it does break some vulgarity rules so should probably be removed from the public eye.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”