To all mods

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

To all mods

I think you are doing a fine job but you should change the way you handle critic. If someone is issuing critic to you all you should only post if you really have something to add to the conversation and not post pointless veiled insults. And if you are called out personally only you and your superiors should post there. Nobody cares what Juliette thinks about the feedback empy is getting.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Re: To all mods

It seemed to me that insults came a bit more often from users in feedbacks than mods. However, the amount of concerned people (insulting) would be very low, which is fortunate that there aren't more people acting like this (I didn't say few insulting posts, but few insulting people).
Also, Juliette didn't post in Empy's feedback thread (I guess that was an example). :-k
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Loki™
Forum Elder

Don't pay attention to the words (I don't speak english as well as I should) but to the message. The message is STHU and let the people handle their stuff themselves and maybe fools would cry less about bias.

Mordack wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Eärendil wrote:You seem to know more about this topic than anyone, including the thread author according to his only post here.

I happen to know why he posted it and why he hasnt revisited, just look at the 1st page and the way you all crapped it up is the reason he didnt bother coming back..and yes I do know and thats perfectly alright.

I can see how the way in which some moderators instantly began to diminish the importance of the thread quite disappointing. However, the initial post wasn't helpful either. If he'd outlined a proper argument, and explained his particular issue, then people could have responded to it. A blanket statement about the 'abuses of mods' isn't screaming out to be taken seriously. Both sides could have handled it better, in my opinion. Interesting thread, though. Debate like this should, I think, be encouraged.

In the words of someone who speaks english well enough.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Are you causing controversy again Loki? That's my job usually ;)
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

That's why I haven't posted in anyone else's feedback because it's their business. I'll stick to my own.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

[spoiler]I could not care any less about where anyone but SS, Noobert, Zera, Earendil and Solus do, or do not want my posts.
If I have something to say, I will say it, damn the opinion anyone else has about it.
I value feedback as food for thought, but if a request for feedback is read as 'list of new standing orders - please fill in the blanks', then I have a problem with that.

Mordack's quote does not fit the feedback threads. They are multi-issue threads, his quote is specifically targeting behaviour in single-issue threads.[/spoiler]

Looks like I missed something. I still don't give a blooming blaze, but going against the bosses to prove a point is not worth it.
(Original reaction 'spoiler'ed.)
Loki™
Forum Elder

I generally meant that you shouldn't go crowding into to threads were you are given critique 'cause it will annoy the people who make those threads and will cause more threads such as that because they'll feel they aren't taken seriously. Feedback threads are just a minor part of that.

Btw Jo I don't understand a word you are saying.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

Juliette
Verified
The Queen

I know. Anyway, thank you for the feedback. I will not do in the future what you say I did in the past. [-X

;) Sorry.
solmyr
Forum Elite
Alliance: Faded Empire
Race: Masstastic
ID: 94442
Alternate name(s): Thurisaz, Dance Commander

Juliette wrote:I know. Anyway, thank you for the feedback. I will not do in the future what you say I did in the past. [-X

;) Sorry.

THE system works!, self-fulfiling prophecy thread FTW.

i agree though, although i have never once actually had any kind of beef with the mods, occasionally i do see someone get absolutley gang-banged by mods in a feedback thread. that said some of the feedback threads are a waste of life and data.

If, however someone writes a decnet, critiqued feedback, only the mod in question or a small team of mods should maybe debate for the critiqued side to avoid the feeling of being lorded over. Is there any kind of system/team/group in the mod breakdown to asses feedback (ala mod A,mod B, mod c, critiqued mod?)
TRADED WITH ME??? Lemme Know how it went!!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=154179
8 Multi's reported and banned
Loki™
Forum Elder

Most of those threads are complete BS I agree but mods should still act like they care. I wouldn't care if I was dumb enough to be a mod :smt101
Juliette wrote:I know. Anyway, thank you for the feedback. I will not do in the future what you say I did in the past. [-X

;) Sorry.

Good girl! :smt056
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

Juliette
Verified
The Queen

solmyr wrote:If, however someone writes a decnet, critiqued feedback, only the mod in question or a small team of mods should maybe debate for the critiqued side to avoid the feeling of being lorded over. Is there any kind of system/team/group in the mod breakdown to asses feedback (ala mod A,mod B, mod c, critiqued mod?)
Outside of the normal Admin -> GM -> Mod tree of responsibility and accountability, some mods have friends. Many don't, we're a sad bunch. Or maybe I'm the only one who thinks her friends are afraid to tell her how it is. ;) (Kind of why I like Loki's thread, he tells it straight. Might not agree, but at least you know what he's thinking.) :smt064
Gothmog wrote:Most of those threads are complete BS I agree but mods should still act like they care. I wouldn't care if I was dumb enough to be a mod :smt101
Teehee! You know how it is with this sort of thing. ;)
Gothmog wrote:Good girl! :smt056
I really am. :smt058
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Gothmog wrote:I generally meant that you shouldn't go crowding into to threads were you are given critique 'cause it will annoy the people who make those threads and will cause more threads such as that because they'll feel they aren't taken seriously. Feedback threads are just a minor part of that.

Btw Jo I don't understand a word you are saying.

Are you a spokesperson for them? You are sharing your opinion which is fine, but a blind and or oblivious person to what this is and has been all about..there is an actual reason and very valid point to it all, sadly I only know of 2 that can actually see that. What sparked the EXTRA aggression was the way a serious discussion thread (and not only that one) degraded RAPIDLY by these very mods and OBTW it is not the 1st time as a pattern of such behavior long before that thread was ever started..had been established. Now I ask you (if I am reading your posting properly) WHO THE **Filtered** ARE YOU to speak on behalf of persons that have an issue with mods or "something" and they get scoffed at and as a result we have what we have and YOU are passing judgment and do not even know your ass from a whole in the ground on this particular subject. Over this past year the mod team HAS NOT been doing a good job ESPECIALLY through the summer months which is a 4 month span..I am sorry pal, it was the worst moderated forum I have ever seen in that time frame, on many areas, and I do happen to see allot of forums.

Edit- and huge barrels of **Filtered** blew up in peoples faces. I kinda knew that would happen :roll:
Last edited by jedi~tank on Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Jedi~Tank wrote:Are you a spokesperson for them? You are sharing your opinion which is fine, but a blind and or oblivious person to what this is and has been all about..there is an actual reason and very valid point to it all, sadly I only know of 2 that can actually see that. What sparked the EXTRA aggression was the way a serious degraded RAPIDLY by these very mods and OBTW it is not the 1st time as a pattern of such behavior long before that thread was ever started..Now I ask you (if I am reading your posting properly) WHO THE **Filtered** ARE YOU to speak on behalf of persons that have an issue with mods or "something" and they get scoffed at and as a result we have what we have and YOU are passing judgment and do not even know your ass from a whole in the ground on this particular subject. Over this past year the mod team HAS NOT been doing a good job ESPECIALLY through the summer months which is a 4 month span..I am sorry pal, it was the worst moderated forum I have ever seen in that time frame, on many areas, and I do happen to see allot of forums.
I love you, dear JediTank. I would have married you if I were 20 or so years older and whatnot. :D
But please, if I may ask you this, lay off of Louis. He's as great as you are, with different points of view. He has good points. He has more history than you. (no one does) You know my love for history. :-D
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Are you a spokesperson for them? You are sharing your opinion which is fine, but a blind and or oblivious person to what this is and has been all about..there is an actual reason and very valid point to it all, sadly I only know of 2 that can actually see that. What sparked the EXTRA aggression was the way a serious degraded RAPIDLY by these very mods and OBTW it is not the 1st time as a pattern of such behavior long before that thread was ever started..Now I ask you (if I am reading your posting properly) WHO THE **Filtered** ARE YOU to speak on behalf of persons that have an issue with mods or "something" and they get scoffed at and as a result we have what we have and YOU are passing judgment and do not even know your ass from a whole in the ground on this particular subject. Over this past year the mod team HAS NOT been doing a good job ESPECIALLY through the summer months which is a 4 month span..I am sorry pal, it was the worst moderated forum I have ever seen in that time frame, on many areas, and I do happen to see allot of forums.
I love you, dear JediTank. I would have married you if I were 20 or so years older and whatnot. :D
But please, if I may ask you this, lay off of Louis. He's as great as you are, with different points of view. He has good points. He has more history than you. (no one does) You know my love for history. :-D

I don't mean any malice with my post, I am just asking calmly, if my posting can ever be interpreted as such :-"

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Juliette wrote:
I don't mean any malice with my post, I am just asking calmly, if my posting can ever be interpreted as such :-"
You should be interpreted as such, more often.. :)

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”