Mod breaking forum rules gets what again? oh yes nothing

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Mod breaking forum rules gets what again? oh yes nothing

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Re: Mod breaking forum rules gets what again? oh yes nothin

No where in the rules does it say we most be a perfectly cordial community. :-$

Not that it would matter, I did not insult anyone. :lol:
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Jack's a pain in the ass, but that's Jack.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Well I was insulted already in the debate section by a staff member (the person in question isn't a mod anymore now), I reported said posts I think (not sure if I reported them all) and the thing done was a reminder post in mod color to remain polite. However, it was more insulting than the post in question here.

@Kit-Fox, the fact you have self-"removed" most of your posts from the debate section (I see posts edited as "remove") is a mystery to me. :-k
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

No. It should be evident by now that if I wanted to insult someone I wouldn't have called then a silly goblin in a silly post that was agreeing with them in a silly way.

I like turtles.
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

We have lives, ever thought we don't live on forums all the time?
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Psyko
The Irresistible

General Riviera wrote:Jack's a pain in the ass, but that's Jack.

That's no excuse. If it were, JT would never receive a warning because he can be just as abrasive as Jack. Which is at least mildly entertaining when the two of them butt heads...

I don't think the reported post required its own thread in this section, but I do see the need to avoid name-calling of any kind in the debate section of the forum. Users get heated enough in there we do not need to add any fuel to their fires. This applies to all users, btw, not just Mods.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Oi, it wasn't name calling, I was simply agreeing with Avenger in a solly way. If you read the post carefully, you will see that I said the samething as avenger but using different words. Again, if I was trying to insult Avenger I wouldn't have called him a goblin, let alone a silly goblin. Get your heads out of your address and learn to differentiate between friendly banter and insults.
Psyko
The Irresistible

[BoT] Jack wrote:Oi, it wasn't name calling, I was simply agreeing with Avenger in a solly way. If you read the post carefully, you will see that I said the samething as avenger but using different words. Again, if I was trying to insult Avenger I wouldn't have called him a goblin, let alone a silly goblin. Get your heads out of your address and learn to differentiate between friendly banter and insults.

Jack, I know you and I know that you did not mean it as an insult. KMA also did not respond poorly to your post. Don't get defensive on me. My comment was about you, in general, and the way I view behavior, also in general, in the Debate area. I still would likely have verballed you by discussing your post via PM. But then, I'm not the most reliable Mod as of late.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Psyko wrote:

That's no excuse. If it were, JT would never receive a warning because he can be just as abrasive as Jack. Which is at least mildly entertaining when the two of them butt heads...

Oh I agree. Completely. I was remaining slightly apathetic towards the whole thing whilst having a subtle dig at Jack because no one ever seems to do anything about mod-mistreatment of community members though. Incidents like this seem to get brushed under the carpet.

It would seem though that Jack is not even a mod any more though, so point slightly dented but still.
Psyko
The Irresistible

General Riviera wrote:
Psyko wrote:

Oh I agree. Completely. I was remaining slightly apathetic towards the whole thing whilst having a subtle dig at Jack because no one ever seems to do anything about mod-mistreatment of community members though. Incidents like this seem to get brushed under the carpet.

It would seem though that Jack is not even a mod any more though, so point slightly dented but still.

He is a Misc Mod. But he has the black color because he also mods a certain section of the forum.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Psyko wrote:
[BoT] Jack wrote:Oi, it wasn't name calling, I was simply agreeing with Avenger in a solly way. If you read the post carefully, you will see that I said the samething as avenger but using different words. Again, if I was trying to insult Avenger I wouldn't have called him a goblin, let alone a silly goblin. Get your heads out of your address and learn to differentiate between friendly banter and insults.

Jack, I know you and I know that you did not mean it as an insult. KMA also did not respond poorly to your post. Don't get defensive on me. My comment was about you, in general, and the way I view behavior, also in general, in the Debate area. I still would likely have verballed you by discussing your post via PM. But then, I'm not the most reliable Mod as of late.

I don't insult people in the debate section, there's generally not much need for it. For the most part, our debaters are civil. Sure there will be a heated argument in many threads, but they still mostly remain civil.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Psyko wrote:He is a Misc Mod. But he has the black color because he also mods a certain section of the forum.

I could have swore I read the opposite on this very thread. I'm seeing things apparently. Anyway. I'm away from this topic now. :smt090
Psyko
The Irresistible

[BoT] Jack wrote:
Psyko wrote:

I don't insult people in the debate section, there's generally not much need for it. For the most part, our debaters are civil. Sure there will be a heated argument in many threads, but they still mostly remain civil.

This is true. There have been few problems in the debate area lately. It's been quite nice, actually.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”