Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Re: ya...

Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
animal father
Forum Newbie
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): to many to list

that dosent anser my question, i know some of my accounts were banned, im just curious as to why
Psyko
The Irresistible

animal father wrote:my forum accounts were banned and im not shure why

~kinky king~ and animal mother

i did nothing, this is messed up

Warnings applied to one account are transferred to all of your other accounts. Such is the policy on warnings. You've simply racked up too many in too short of a time period.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

animal father wrote:that dosent anser my question, i know some of my accounts were banned, im just curious as to why

Wait till your account is unbanned and check the PM as to why you were warned which resulting in a ban.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
animal father
Forum Newbie

=D> good job mods
animal father
Forum Newbie

can someone point me to this warning policy?
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=101808

Section 3b:

StarGateWars Forum Guidelines wrote:
__..)/.._____________..)/..___
¯¯””/(””¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯””/(””¯

Section 3: User accounts

b. Multiple accounts.
Members of the SGW forum community are allowed to have multiple forum accounts providing that no account violates any of the other rules relating to accounts. However if a user account is banned, any other accounts under the same ownership will receive the same ban. Warnings also carry over to other accounts; ff you receive a warning on one account, it will count towards your other accounts as well.

Consequence:
Nill

__..)/.._____________..)/..___
¯¯””/(””¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯””/(””¯

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Section 2: Warning Points and Bannings
a. Warning/Banning System.
The standard penalty on the SGW forums is the giving of ‘warning points’.

If a user is given three warning points then that user will receive a two week ban. After receiving a third two week ban (nine warning points), the user will receive a permanent ban.

Warning points are only valid for six months. After which time they will no longer count towards possible future bans. Two week bans stay on a user’s record for one year.
That also explains the banning system.

To claim you did nothing after acting the way you did as ANIMAL LOVER and EAT THE WATERMELON shows that this is a feeble attempt to complain. You will have seen all the warnings you received prior to the last one before all your accounts got banned.

This is a very easy case for the Ombudsman.
Image ImageImageImage
Psyko
The Irresistible

Rudy Pena wrote:
animal father wrote:that dosent anser my question, i know some of my accounts were banned, im just curious as to why

Wait till your account is unbanned and check the PM as to why you were warned which resulting in a ban.

This, I think, is a ridiculous policy. It results in questions just like the one posed in this thread. The user would need to either request a friend inquire as to the final warning on their account or create another account which would then be banned in order to figure out why, exactly, they were banned from the forum. Said account would subsequently be banned, as the 3rd/6th/9th warning from the other account still applies.

Then there is the problem of the user being banned for a period of time without the ability to appeal the warning which caused their ban. If it is later determined to be unjust, the user has then served their "sentence" for something they should never have been warned for.

An email notification to the user upon banning would make things a little more clear as to the reason, and they could then take the issue to the Ombs through a forum friend to have them look into the warning ASAP. That way the user is only banned for a couple of days at most instead of 2 weeks if, in fact, a Mod warned in error.

I know that email information on all users is not necessarily available to Mods, but if an Admin or Tech Admin were able to see the user's email, I doubt copy/pasting the final user note on an account to an email would be terribly difficult or time consuming. Again, I do not know the capabilities of such positions within the staff, but it is something to consider.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
animal father
Forum Newbie

ok so hyptheticly if i got 1 more 2 week ban im perm banned?

or if i get 1 warning after my next 2 week ban?

note that this is not my goal, if that was lol ida already done it and wouldnt be inquiring right now
Psyko
The Irresistible

animal father wrote:ok so hyptheticly if i got 1 more 2 week ban im perm banned?

note that this is not my goal, if that was lol ida already done it and wouldnt be inquiring right now

On your 3rd and 6th warning, you receive a 2-week ban. If you get 9 warning points (3 more after this 2-week ban) in a given time period, you will be perma-banned.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
animal father
Forum Newbie

Psyko wrote:
animal father wrote:ok so hyptheticly if i got 1 more 2 week ban im perm banned?

On your 3rd and 6th warning, you receive a 2-week ban. If you get 9 warning points (3 more after this 2-week ban) in a given time period, you will be perma-banned.

than there is no 3 week ban

by the way some of my warnings were total b s :smt021
animal father
Forum Newbie

Clarkey wrote:
Section 2: Warning Points and Bannings
a. Warning/Banning System.
The standard penalty on the SGW forums is the giving of ‘warning points’.

If a user is given three warning points then that user will receive a two week ban. After receiving a third two week ban (nine warning points), the user will receive a permanent ban.

Warning points are only valid for six months. After which time they will no longer count towards possible future bans. Two week bans stay on a user’s record for one year.
That also explains the banning system.

To claim you did nothing after acting the way you did as ANIMAL LOVER and EAT THE WATERMELON shows that this is a feeble attempt to complain. You will have seen all the warnings you received prior to the last one before all your accounts got banned.

This is a very easy case for the Ombudsman.

and its animal MOTHER not animal lover

Return to “Case Archives”