Newgrounds and other news?

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Newgrounds and other news?

People so excited about free resources are missing this bit of the update:

"Also view a special message from Admin"

[spoiler]Message from Admin - Dec 2011
I rarely get a chance to ramble, so here it goes :) ...

Hello and thank you all for playing gatewars, being a part of the gatewars community, or even just for checking us out!
We are dedicated to making the game, community and future of gatewars as entertaining, engaging and strategic as possible.

While we have been active since 2005, this last half year has been quite a challenge. We have moved servers a number of times, after a significant hardware failure at our last colocation facility.
We have FINALLY found a new home (after no less than 3 separate moves!) on a stable server setup with great speed and reliability. We worked very hard to get here, and do apologize for the bumpy (or slow, spuratic, unstable, annoying) road along the way!

I will also take this opportunity to note that we have a new feature developer for the Ascended server -- Sol -- who is making great improvements to the interface and playability, and will soon be looking at gameplay improvemetns as well.
This is a great example of the community involvement in the game.
I would also like to thank all existing, and past, Forum administration, moderators and other helpers. Without this commitment from other community members, we would not have what we do today!

This holiday we are offering $20 in free black market goods, OR a $20 supporter package (each using the until Jan 5th only, double resource rates!!!). The supporter package option is so that all existing players can get full benefits of supporter status. This allows for a more engaged player base, more options and strategy for all, and a lesser separation between 'payers' and 'free accounts'.
The black market $20 bonus ($40 of regular priced goods) is both a thank you, and Christmas present :)

Over the next month, we will be giving at least the main page a graphics face-lift. This will be coupled with a new advertising campaign to draw new players, and an email (our only one in history!) to the player base to let them know the status of the game is back to stable :) The goal is to increase the active player base, with both new players and the return of players who may have left frustrated with the instability or speed over the last few months.

ALSO -- and this is hopefully big, good news -- we will be launching a new game server in the new year. It will be open to all, although designed with the newer players in mind.

There has been an ongoing issue with newer players not staying long on the site after joining. This is the result of many factors, namely: too far a distance to cover to rank in the top; far too complex a game for someone new to the site; existing relationships and alliances that are not accessible; some players or alliances who beat the crap out of new accounts making the experience negative; too long a road to reach top ascension levels; -- in short -- things are not setup for new players -- they have evolved to cator to existing players. This issue has resulted in a significant slowing of newer players joining. Any multiplayer game needs new players to survive. So .....

So ....

GATEWARS - NEW GROUNDS is now available as a live beta. It will be a non-reset server, with built in ascension (affects just that server - there is no separate ascended realm here, nor do players gain access to the existing ascended server), many common features to main, and some quite different. When a player reaches a high enough level of ascension, they will have the opportunity to ascend to the main server -- as a powerful account. (It will be known which accounts have come from NewGrounds. )

The entire NewGrounds server is simpler, and offers a clean start. This will address the issue of new players above.
Before NewGrounds goes 'live' all accounts will be reset (but not needing to re-register). This should happen in late Jan 2012 or early Feb 2012.
Players will be allowed to have one NewGrounds account, and one Main account, in Main. This seems the most reasonable method to address the issue of players wanting to play in both servers, and ultimately return to Main.
GATEWARS - NEW GROUNDS

We are also launching a community portal catoring to all gamers - although we are hoping that the gatewars community will be the first to take advantage of the setup. More on this will follow in early 2012. It will provide a directory of online games, player profiles (kind of like facebook but for game characters or aliases opposed to real people), friend tracking, enough email addresses so that you can use a separate email for individual online game registrations (and dump it if spam starts coming), free flash games, powerful search filter and find functions, image albums and sharing, various tools, and much more. Its built for fun :)

2012 should be a great year for the game, the community and hopefully you personally!!! The world may end Dec 21, 2012, so make the most of it until then!!!!

Sincerely, Admin Jason.[/spoiler]

New game in beta and other snippets. As I don't think the forum is yet ready for this new game, thought I'd start a discussion here! My favrouite bits:

New Game: http://newgrounds.gatewars.com/recruit.php?uniqid=mq1323942625
Admin wrote:ALSO -- and this is hopefully big, good news -- we will be launching a new game server in the new year. It will be open to all, although designed with the newer players in mind.

This also scares me:
Admin wrote:2012 should be a great year for the game, the community and hopefully you personally!!! The world may end Dec 21, 2012, so make the most of it until then!!!!

Anyway...get on the new server, rush for Rank 1 starts here...I agree, this revamp is perfect. Whose ready for all out server war in main? :shock:
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Jekate
Fledgling Forumer

Re: Newgrounds and other news?

Lol, including your recruitment link...
ImageImage
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Jekate wrote:Lol, including your recruitment link...

Shush :razz:
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Jekate
Fledgling Forumer

I've got some things that confuse me so far in Newgrounds...

I don't know whether this is result of lack of technologies, etc, but...

I've been unable to acquire all the naquadah on a target with a single attack of 15 turns. The maximum I can only steal 90 million from a target, yet observing from the attack page, I see others go from a low amount of naq, to over billions in a single refresh of the page.

Also, I have access to all types of attacks on some people, but not on others.
ImageImage
Dark Hero
Forum Expert
Alliance: Truly Infidel
Race: FRA + other monkeys
ID: 20558

Exciting times indeed.

Hey look who is 1 rank ahead of you FM :smt117

Enjoying the new layout and game mechanics introduced in newgrounds. Looking forward to see how this plays out.

Field Marshall wrote:This also scares me:
Admin wrote: Admin wrote:
2012 should be a great year for the game, the community and hopefully you personally!!! The world may end Dec 21, 2012, so make the most of it until then!!!!

Agreed.

*starts search on google*
Spoiler
Awards:
Spoiler
Presenting Vicariously:
Spoiler
Andy says: (12:15:34 PM)
i thought singapore was in china >.>

Dark Hero says: (12:15:41 PM)
AHAHAHAHA

Andy says: (12:15:41 PM)
or is that japan

Dark Hero says: (12:15:54 PM)
no... they are all different countries :P

Andy says: (12:16:05 PM)
singapore is a country?

Dark Hero says: (12:16:12 PM)
LMAO
Daku:
Spoiler
xDaku (FS) says: (10:10:07 PM)
I need to teach you how to eat curry on a sofa

xDaku (FS) says: (10:10:29 PM)
Give you my inbred expertise
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Jekate wrote:I've got some things that confuse me so far in Newgrounds...

I've been unable to acquire all the naquadah on a target with a single attack of 15 turns. The maximum I can only steal 90 million from a target, yet observing from the attack page, I see others go from a low amount of naq, to over billions in a single refresh of the page.

Increase your MS Fleets:

Motherships in fleet: xx
Total Carrying Capacity: 56,000 (1 capacity = 1 military unit OR 100,000 conquered Naquadah)

Dark Hero wrote:Exciting times indeed.

Rank isn't important [-(

I ran out of ATs...I should have waited :smt010
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

madman1125
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 0

well i didn't pay attention and never upgraded the MS fleets, so when i attack i get 0 naq and now cant afford to upgrade fleets :smt043

the sigs in the spoiler were not made by me, they were made for me, i just have a thing for sigs :P
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Trade feedback http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=159826

http://www.gamerperfection.com/<< fun gaming forum/site :D
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

madman1125 wrote:well i didn't pay attention and never upgraded the MS fleets, so when i attack i get 0 naq and now cant afford to upgrade fleets :smt043

I did similar, I attacked loads and then have no ATs xD

Did get a few billion attacks before it's too late!

p.s Get Juliette!
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Dark Hero
Forum Expert
Alliance: Truly Infidel
Race: FRA + other monkeys
ID: 20558

Field Marshall wrote:
Jekate wrote:I've got some things that confuse me so far in Newgrounds...

Increase your MS Fleets:

Motherships in fleet: xx
Total Carrying Capacity: 56,000 (1 capacity = 1 military unit OR 100,000 conquered Naquadah)

Dark Hero wrote:Exciting times indeed.

Rank isn't important [-(

I ran out of ATs...I should have waited :smt010

Of course rank ain't important. You did however mention a race to rank 1 ;)

so basically... winning :smt081
Spoiler
Awards:
Spoiler
Presenting Vicariously:
Spoiler
Andy says: (12:15:34 PM)
i thought singapore was in china >.>

Dark Hero says: (12:15:41 PM)
AHAHAHAHA

Andy says: (12:15:41 PM)
or is that japan

Dark Hero says: (12:15:54 PM)
no... they are all different countries :P

Andy says: (12:16:05 PM)
singapore is a country?

Dark Hero says: (12:16:12 PM)
LMAO
Daku:
Spoiler
xDaku (FS) says: (10:10:07 PM)
I need to teach you how to eat curry on a sofa

xDaku (FS) says: (10:10:29 PM)
Give you my inbred expertise
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

:lol: Armysize counts for something. *brags*
Jekate
Fledgling Forumer

Same here. I attacked multiple times only to acquire 90mill each time, when I could have stole 200trill. I hate myself right now.
ImageImage
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Silly question: do we have to register a new account there?

I ask because I played another game where they released a second game and all accounts with reset stats were moved to it.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Is anyone else noticing that the covert level prices are not right? They seem to be a level behind themselves, if that makes sense.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Jekate
Fledgling Forumer

If you read the admin letter, you'd know.

But yes, they are seperate accounts.
ImageImage
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

these type of games are dead think il pass on the beta.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback

Return to “New Grounds General”