10 issues with US Gov. and my solutions

RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

10 issues with US Gov. and my solutions

Top 10 Issues With The Government and ways to Improve (Yes it's prob lame but I was bored) :p

1. Education (Pre K through College)
Lets face it with todays technologies and how complicated life is becoming, 13 years of schooling is not enough to properly prepare you for what lies ahead in the world, I suggest a switching to a 15 year program that is funded by the government just like the previous 13 year was (Funding Options Below)

2. Homelessness
Legalization of Hemp &/or Medical Marijuana, Hemp (Marijuana's Cousin) would help with Jobs... let me just say this MANY JOBS from the Fabric Industry, all the way up to Alternate Gas. I have calculated 27 *New* kinds of jobs would be available NATION WIDE (No I will not provide a list do research). Medical Marijuana is already Americas Largest Cash Crop and it's only Legal in 16 of the 50 states

3. Unemployment
(look at answer 2)

4. Legalization of Hemp
(look at answer 2)

5. Military Pay, and End the War
PT1.
Yes they are serving our country but they are humans too... Easy to fix as well Cut out Congressmen we have a very large amount of Congressmen currently make 100k plus a year also through further taxing of new products such as (Hemp, Alternative Cars, Alternative Electricity.
PT2.
Pull out of Iraq (pulling out all together would be a bad idea, so I propose a 75% reduction of all Military, and 6 months from now a complete pull out of Military *this is key as there would still be civilian personal, and of course a few hand fulls of military for protection),and use Military to Fix Projects at home such as (Roads, Bridges, Buildings Ext.)

6. To much Politics
Eliminate programs not needed. (more is explained below)

7. Gay Marriage
Self Explanatory

8. Stem Cell Research along with many other Tests and Research projects need more funding
Stem Cell Research and Alternative Means for Electricity or Transportation can be linked together, my question is really why have we not started funding programs (Properly) to bring us further in technology, and efficiency

9. Major remodeling Of Roads, Buildings, Living Towns and Cities
Funding Provided Below

10. Alternative Cars, Electricity Research (Hybrid, E85, *Hemp Seed*, Solar Panel)
Stem Cell Research and Alternative Means for Electricity or Transportation can be linked together, my question is really why have we not started funding programs (Properly) to bring us further in technology, and efficiency

So I guess the overall question would be how to fund all this?

With the funds currently being on things that would be closed, taxes on new products...

Such as The War in Iraq (1.2 TRILLION DOLLARS WTH), DEA (Over 2bill in staffing alone), "War on Drugs" (15bill on supplies needed for busts), 50billion a year is spent on marijuana, another 22billion just to grow and sell... Total that would be almost 1.5Trill Dollars we would have to spend on new programs, housing and improvement...

I hope some of you read this... and I hope you start to wonder to yourselves... was your tax dollar spent the way you wanted it to, or can we improve it?
Last edited by RoKeT on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Re: 10 issues with US Gov. and my solutions

(How to fix)

Legalization of Hemp &/or Medical Marijuana, Hemp (Marijuana's Cousin) would help with Jobs... let me just say this MANY JOBS from the Fabric Industry, all the way up to Alternate Gas. I have calculated 27 *New* kinds of jobs would be available NATION WIDE (No I will not provide a list do research). Medical Marijuana is already Americas Largest Cash Crop and it's only Legal in 16 of the 50 states

PT1. (Military Employees deserve more pay and more days off)
Yes they are serving our country but they are humans too... Easy to fix as well Cut out Congressmen we have a very large amount of Congressmen currently make 100k plus a year also through further taxing of new products such as (Hemp, Alternative Cars, Alternative Electricity.
PT2. (End War)
Pull out of Iraq (pulling out all together would be a bad idea, so I propose a 75% reduction of all Military, and 6 months from now a complete pull out of Military *this is key as there would still be civilian personal, and of course a few hand fulls of military for protection),and use Military to Fix Projects at home such as (Roads, Bridges, Buildings Ext.)

Gay Marriage is self Explanatory

Education is always a hot topic
Lets face it with todays technologies and how complicated life is becoming, 13 years of schooling is not enough to properly prepare you for what lies ahead in the world, I suggest a switching to a 15 year program that is funded by the government just like the previous 13 year was

So I guess the overall question would be how to fund all this?

With the funds currently being on things that would be closed, taxes on new products...

Such as The War in Iraq (1.2 TRILLION DOLLARS WTH), DEA (Over 2bill in staffing alone), "War on Drugs" (15bill on supplies needed for busts), 50billion a year is spent on marijuana, another 22billion just to grow and sell... Total that would be almost 1.5Trill Dollars we would have to spend on new programs, housing and improvement...

I hope some of you read this... and I hope you start to wonder to yourselves... was your tax dollar spent the way you wanted it to, or can we improve it?[/quote]

[quote="RoKeT"]Top 10 Issues With The Government and ways to Improve (Yes it's prob lame but I was bored) :p

1. Homelessness is a first and foremost priority in our Country
give tax breaks to the middle class and tax penalties for the rich...the solution is simple..every working citizen pay 10% of thier income..eliminate all of the **Filtered** tax breaks, programs, credit..just 10% str8 up.
2. Unemployment
Penalize companies for out sourcing jobs and give incentives for bringing jobs here
3. Legalization of Hemp
what is this? No..our young peoples minds are already **Filtered** up enough
4. Military Pay, and End the War
Increase pay for soldiers..not for the ones that sit behind a desk...there will never be an end to wars
5. To much Politics
Unfortunately the government has too much power..it is designed to be the power OF the people but is rapidly becomeing the power OVER the people
6. Gay Marriage
Not down with it, procreation is our very survival and Gay is a choice
7. Stem Cell Research along with many other Tests and Research projects need more funding
as long as it does not involve killing babies i.e. the abortion business
8. Major remodeling of roads (with the newer technology we could be much more cost and time effective with simple, and easy solutions)
will make jobs, but hiring citizens for a fair wage..not importing imigrants at a cheaper rate
9. Education (Pre K through College)
Should be top priority as in the presidents speech..I am not a fan of obama by any stretch..but his state of the union address was right on the mark..
10. Alternative Cars, Electricity Research (Hybrid, E85, *Hemp Seed*, Solar Panel)
Indeed, cleaner more efficient fuels would be the right way to go.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

If gay people wish to have the same legal rights as married people then so be it. Why not? But they should not call it marriage.

As for the other things *gasp*, RoKeT, more is at play then US citizens. Control of the country and strife for control of the people if at stake.
Bias Admin colour
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Jedi~Tank wrote:3. Legalization of Hemp
what is this? No..our young peoples minds are already **Filtered** up enough

Hemp is not Marijuana, it can not get you high, it's a stronger fabric then cotton... infact we remain the only "super power" that has hemp Illegal

Also JT I kinda stole your set up I liked it :p easier to understand hehehehehe
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Why should gay marriage not be called marriage?
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

General Riviera wrote:Why should gay marriage not be called marriage?

Oh god here we go :p
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

I won't go down that road because it always leads to stones and venom. My motives are religious.
Bias Admin colour
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Reverse the question..Why should it? The institution of marriage is between a man and a woman for procreation.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

I don't really have a view on it because it doesn't concerned me, I was just curious to understand your stance that's all. Anyway, sorry Roket. Going off topic.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Psyko
The Irresistible

Jedi~Tank wrote:

Reverse the question..Why should it? The institution of marriage is between a man and a woman for procreation.

The institution of marriage in a legal form is called marriage because the term was taken from religious texts. They borrowed the term and religious people assume the definition. There is no reason why the legal term for a legal union between homosexual relations cannot be marriage - except for the fact that religious people go ape **Filtered**. Also, gay is not a choice.

On to the full topic:
Marijuana Legalization -
Marijuana should be legalized on a state-by-state basis and it's illegality removed from the federal government. This gives citizens the right to decide what should be legal in their area. Store owners and distributors should be taxed on a state level, thus decreasing the state's dependency on funds from the federal government. This, in turn, allows for a reduction in federal income tax and the DEA reduces in size with many of the agents able to apply for jobs in the regulation of marijuana in respective states.
I believe prostitution should also be legalized and regulated in the same way, which would then lessen the burden on all police force as they would no longer need any personnel on vice.

Politics -
Get rid of lobbyists and put a limit on corporate contributions to political campaigns. Make those who want a bill to pass in Washington go through the same steps an everyday citizen must go through to tell their Senator/Congressman how they feel about the bill. Also, put a limit as to how many terms a Senator/Congressman can be in office. My lenient suggestion is 5 (that's 10 years of being the voice for their State/District).

Government Pay -
Serving your country in Washington should be a privilege and honor, not a cushy job that pays more than 4 times the average American's salary. Reduce the annual salary to $80,000 and make them find and pay for their own health care insurance.
No more of this lifetime salary for former Presidents. You're out of office, you go work for a living. The fact that everything was paid for you while you were in office should mean you have money tucked away which you can live on for many more years.

Education -
We don't need to have 2 more years in the classroom. What we need is better instruction for the 12-13 years we spend in the classroom. Recent cuts to education have shortened the school week, removed extra-curricular activities, and overfilled classrooms to record sized. Allow for private donations to public schools, require administration costs to be less than a certain % of the school's budget, encourage school-wide fundraising, regulate that text books used must be less than 5 years old and allow schools the use of e-books to cut cost, and pay the teachers a wage close to that of the administrators (being a bureaucrat should not give you such a large hike in pay).

Taxes -
Close all the loopholes for tax breaks in the system. Maintain a 15% federal tax across the board, and allow states to determine their own income tax, with a requirement that it cannot surpass the federal limit.

On the other things I pretty much agree with JT.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Psyko wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:

The institution of marriage in a legal form is called marriage because the term was taken from religious texts. They borrowed the term and religious people assume the definition. There is no reason why the legal term for a legal union between homosexual relations cannot be marriage - except for the fact that religious people go ape **Filtered**. Also, gay is not a choice.

This country was founded upon religious beliefs..and for a very good reason..the institutions of family were "instituted" for a reason..and good ones..when a nation steers away from its founding values as fast as this nation is doing it hastens its downfall. And it is a choice..people are not born gay as if it were an alternate sex or skin color..its a state of mind..a free choice.

Deni
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Jedi~Tank wrote:This country was founded upon religious beliefs..and for a very good reason..the institutions of family were "instituted" for a reason..and good ones..when a nation steers away from its founding values as fast as this nation is doing it hastens its downfall. And it is a choice..people are not born gay as if it were an alternate sex or skin color..its a state of mind..a free choice.

Your country was also founded on one of the worst genocides in human history...doesn't mean you need to propagate that ad infinitum ;)

Being gay isn't a state of mind, it isn't a life choice. It's a matter of what you find attractive...you can't change that just by wishing it away. And I really don't see how gay marriage is somehow bound up in people's perception of a country's prosperity?

As for education, primary school is the key. Children you are behind when they enter secondary school (11yrs+) on average never catch up. Get them early ;)
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

So gay, I come on thinking you lot would be debating something useful (IE how to improve the current situation with America, UK all that jazz) but instead your bickering about a simple word
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

RoKeT wrote:So gay, I come on thinking you lot would be debating something useful (IE how to improve the current situation with America, UK all that jazz) but instead your bickering about a simple word

When you put it down as one of your ten ways to improve the country and then put "self explanatory", did you think no one would discuss it? #-o

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”