Founders Hall

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Founders Hall

I think it would be nice to honour the players that founded the game . ones like Psi that were here from day one or close to it.

In Psi's case he should receive whatever the equivalent of life membership would be.. as far as I know he has never taken a lengthy break from it and in particular the forum since conception.
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Re: Founders Hall

I don't really think happening to have registered before most other people is really something which deserves to be 'honoured.'

And I mean no disrespect to Psi by saying so; his contributions to both the game and forum are numerous, so much so that the fact he happens to have a low ID isn't even relevant.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Mordack wrote:I don't really think happening to have registered before most other people is really something which deserves to be 'honoured.'

And I mean no disrespect to Psi by saying so; his contributions to both the game and forum are numerous, so much so that the fact he happens to have a low ID isn't even relevant.
The man said it all, given what little was said in the original idea.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

With no disrespect to Psi as he has done a lot for this community and game, he can't be regarded as a Founder of the game. As far as I know he didn't build it.

But what makes me wonder is if we had a Founders Hall and you had like the game admins in it and Psi who got the forums off to a great start who else would you consider to be in such a Founders Hall? Maybe Founder is not the best term to use for this.
Image ImageImageImage
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Clarkey wrote:With no disrespect to Psi as he has done a lot for this community and game, he can't be regarded as a Founder of the game. As far as I know he didn't build it.

But what makes me wonder is if we had a Founders Hall and you had like the game admins in it and Psi who got the forums off to a great start who else would you consider to be in such a Founders Hall? Maybe Founder is not the best term to use for this.

We should call it the "Hall of Fame"........... 8-[
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Rudy Pena wrote:
Clarkey wrote:With no disrespect to Psi as he has done a lot for this community and game, he can't be regarded as a Founder of the game. As far as I know he didn't build it.

Why Rudy, that is a brilliant idea. :D
You must be channeling the 2005 people who came up with it. ;)
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

ربهالنوع wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:

Thank you
Actually i thought of it while trying to go to sleep, it just poped into my heah. :shock:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Rudy Pena wrote:
ربهالنوع wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:

Thank you
Actually i thought of it while trying to go to sleep, it just poped into my heah. :shock:
It is uncanny! :shock:
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

ربهالنوع wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
ربهالنوع wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:

Thank you
It is uncanny! :shock:

I know huh!!!!!
Spoiler
Spoiler
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Let's try to remain vaguely on topic. There is a fine line between using irreverence and humour to make a point and spam. A fine line, admittedly, but it is there.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

ربهالنوع wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:

You'll notice, I don't think I ever got into the hall of fame.... So hardly a good indicator of what I think she's getting at. Though to be honest, despite being the number one person people think of when people think of those who were at the beginning of the game, I hardly think such a "honor" is really necessary.

If anything, some of the big community builders would be the first generation Global Mods. All of them contributed in ways people are liable to forget. People remember me because I'm still around, but people often forget the people next to me who kept me here in the early days. Ghostygoo, Compmage, Wolf359, Sleipnir and others I'm sure I'm forgetting. All great mods who served in their own way.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:You'll notice, I don't think I ever got into the hall of fame.... So hardly a good indicator of what I think she's getting at. Though to be honest, despite being the number one person people think of when people think of those who were at the beginning of the game, I hardly think such a "honor" is really necessary.
You should have my spot. You are The Timeless One.
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

SuperSaiyan wrote:I think this would be a good idea, if it would be possible to define the parameters for being crowned a "founder".

So long as its not just another hall of fame, I think this is worth pondering about.

It is my opinion that a true founder of the game and the forum would be someone who became involved in either during the first year. It's not the first 20 who make the game, but the community which joins and contributes to the game/forum and helps to shape the community into what it became.

Anyway, that is my opinion on what it should mean to be a "founder," although an alternate title might be more appropriate.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Psi is one of the founding members of GW at least where the community is concerned. Regardless of what anyone else has got to say who wasn't around back then, just look at the sign up date and see when Psi was modding your backsides on the forum back in 2005.

Any one who questions Psi's contribution to this game has either not been here to see it or is just jumping on some new age/wave/era/post 2008 bandwagon.

Heh, 7 years. <applause>
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
ربهالنوع wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:

You'll notice, I don't think I ever got into the hall of fame.... So hardly a good indicator of what I think she's getting at. Though to be honest, despite being the number one person people think of when people think of those who were at the beginning of the game, I hardly think such a "honor" is really necessary.

If anything, some of the big community builders would be the first generation Global Mods. All of them contributed in ways people are liable to forget. People remember me because I'm still around, but people often forget the people next to me who kept me here in the early days. Ghostygoo, Compmage, Wolf359, Sleipnir and others I'm sure I'm forgetting. All great mods who served in their own way.

Those in the Hall of Fame are the greats of the game, they are the best around. They are a clear cut above the rest and visibly stand out, it's the greatest honor you can receive in the game.

Sounds like you are describing this, We dont need to make something else.

For next year, just have the people add the rule for people who helped with the forum too, instead of just the game.

To make what FF is saying is dumb I think. Cause it was not only the people who first joined, it was also people who came in 2006 and 2007 also. Maybe in 2008, who also made the game and forum what it is today. Not just the people who first joined, to take way the credit from people who also helped made it what it is today.

It shouldnt matter when they joined, if people really want to make it about people who joined first and what not. Then thats being stupid and dumb.

Thats why we have the Hall of Fame which just adds from the people who first joined and did something to help make the game and forum what it is today. If it wasnt like this, then the Hall of Fame would only have a select few names.

If someone wants someone to be recognized, then next year nominate them for the HoF. That is all and maybe others will nominate that person.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”