~The Ålterans™ of APE

for all Alliance discussion
00RA00
Forum Regular
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Paul

~The Ålterans™ of APE

RESNON VERBA (action not words) if this is you then MSG ~EzY™MerknMaN _ Also part of the Astria Porta Empire n the MAIN alliance
High requirements all others to join ~The Åncients™
Last edited by 00RA00 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Re: ~The Ålterans™ of APE

can i come too :-D
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Theon35
Forum Irregular

I think you should change your motto because the one you use now is flawed.

According to the old maxim, actions speak louder than words, but this actually doesn't say what it means. Speech acts are actions, too, and a person who says, for instance, that infidels deserve death is performing an action with potentially deadly effects, which is about as ''loud'' as acting can get. What the maxim means, on reflection, is that actions other than speech acts are typically better evidence of what the actor really believes than any words the actor might say. It is easy enough to pay lip service (such a wonderful idiom!), but when the concrete consequences of your actions depend on whether you believe something - whether you believe the gun is loaded, whether you believe the door is unlocked, whether you believe you are unobserved - lip service is a puny datum easily swamped by the nonverbal behavior that expresses - indeed, betrays - your true beliefs.

- Daniel Dennett, Breaking The Spell
Last edited by Theon35 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Sebastian wrote:I think you should change your motto because the one you use now is flawed.

According to the old maxim, actions speak louder than words, but this actually doesn't say what it means. Speech acts are actions, too, and a person who says, for instance, that infidels deserve death is performing an action with potentially deadly effects, which is about as ''loud'' as acting can get. What the maxim means, on reflection, is that actions other than speech acts are typically better evidence of what the actor really believes than any words the actor might say. It is easy enough to pay lip service (such a wonderful idiom!), but when the concrete consequences of your actions depend on whether you believe something - whether you believe the gun is loaded, whether you believe the door is unlocked, whether you believe you are unobserved - lip service is a puny datum easily swamped by the nonverbal behavior that expresses - indeed, betrays - your true beliefs.

This must be a bug.
00RA00
Forum Regular

harchester wrote:can i come too :-D

Well what stats you got
00RA00
Forum Regular

Sebastian wrote:I think you should change your motto because the one you use now is flawed.

It has a few meanings to it I believe
00RA00
Forum Regular

ربهالنوع wrote:

This must be a bug.

I'll tell you if I get a bug thier
kaboom
Forum Expert
Alliance: AllMyNaq

ربهالنوع wrote:

This must be a bug.

:smt043
AWARDS

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "

Res, Non verba

Rudy Pena wrote:All OE members keep it respectful or do not post at all. Keep the thread heathly.
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Andy! wrote:I'm already bored of your constant failure to make new alliances.

STHU andy!! your constant attempt to be a masser/badass fails to amuse me ;)

Gooad luck in your allaince RA

my stats are more than good to join your allaince

i get the refrence :-D :-D
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
00RA00
Forum Regular

Ite well kewl then if you wanna join, just msg me ingame
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Ra, one post will do. Not four.