Looking for an alliance

for all Alliance discussion
Orion
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Looking for an alliance

I want to join an alliance with great knowledge of the game. I think I understand farming and building up on stuff but it's the detailed components that I wish to become conversant in :)

Where's the best place to go?
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Re: Looking for an alliance

http://forgotten-serenity.com

drop by and check us out, we have a main alliance as well as a newly formed training alliance.. both lead by ppl with loads of ingame experience :)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Orion
Forum Newbie

fem fatale wrote:http://forgotten-serenity.com

drop by and check us out, we have a main alliance as well as a newly formed training alliance.. both lead by ppl with loads of ingame experience :)

There is no information freely available, I have to do things like registering :neutral: way too much effort...!
Orion
Forum Newbie

SuperSaiyan wrote:sent ya a pm :-D

0 new messages

I think you wrote that before you did.... :-k
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Orion wrote:

There is no information freely available, I have to do things like registering :neutral: way too much effort...!

lol if registering on a forum is to much effort how do you even get out of bed in the morning

Check the Alliance Histories and Alliance announcement section in this forum, all the major alliances have public info on their experience and styles of play.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

MEZZANINE wrote:
Orion wrote:

lol if registering on a forum is to much effort how do you even get out of bed in the morning

Check the Alliance Histories and Alliance announcement section in this forum, all the major alliances have public info on their experience and styles of play.

Who says he is out of bed, lol.
Image ImageImageImage
Orion
Forum Newbie

MEZZANINE wrote:
Orion wrote:

Thanks for your comment Mr Mezz, however Mr SS up there sent me a personalised PM and other bits of information. Instead of somebody posting a URL on my thread. I am thankful for the suggestion but was merely giving positive criticism :) I don't judge people by their history or their own judging of themselves. I'm a people's person and will make my decisions that way and there is a lot to say about the a tiny little bit more effort made by an individual. I guess that's why HVE over there has 4 alliances and this forgotten one consists of 1 and a newly made one?

Registering? I'm sure it will require verification by a mod? Which means I will have to come back a few hours later when somebody has done so? I'd rather stay in bed personally, though I was up at 4am farming and raiding! :smt060

All said without prejudice, thanks again for the further info =D>
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

:smt056 can only hope ur registration at HVE forum goes smooth then :)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Orion
Forum Newbie

fem fatale wrote::smt056 can only hope ur registration at HVE forum goes smooth then :)

It did, thank you.

Still looking for any other offers of information :-k
00RA00
Forum Regular
Alternate name(s): Paul

whats youre ID
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Orion is ours. I love the dude!

Ra, keep your hands off.
Orion, stay away from him mate you don't want to catch RA's "bugs"
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Orion wrote:
MEZZANINE wrote:
Orion wrote:

Thanks for your comment Mr Mezz, however Mr SS up there sent me a personalised PM and other bits of information. Instead of somebody posting a URL on my thread. I am thankful for the suggestion but was merely giving positive criticism :) I don't judge people by their history or their own judging of themselves. I'm a people's person and will make my decisions that way and there is a lot to say about the a tiny little bit more effort made by an individual. I guess that's why HVE over there has 4 alliances and this forgotten one consists of 1 and a newly made one?

Registering? I'm sure it will require verification by a mod? Which means I will have to come back a few hours later when somebody has done so? I'd rather stay in bed personally, though I was up at 4am farming and raiding! :smt060

HVE is great group of people, very friendly and mostly peaceful...... FS is twice as old ( running over 6 years now ) and has been at war for most of its existence, fought against pretty much every alliance in game at one time or another.

Judging or making a decision on who sent a PM or has the most members is misguided, FS, HVE, and all the other alliances have a variety of styles of management & play, reading the histories for the past & announcements for future plans of these alliances is the best way to find the alliance that suits the way you want to play.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Orion
Forum Newbie

MEZZANINE wrote:
Orion wrote:
MEZZANINE wrote:
Orion wrote:

HVE is great group of people, very friendly and mostly peaceful...... FS is twice as old ( running over 6 years now ) and has been at war for most of its existence, fought against pretty much every alliance in game at one time or another.

Judging or making a decision on who sent a PM or has the most members is misguided, FS, HVE, and all the other alliances have a variety of styles of management & play, reading the histories for the past & announcements for future plans of these alliances is the best way to find the alliance that suits the way you want to play.

Fair enough...but to the guy who has only been here a week, that seems like a daunting challenge :D

Nevertheless, I have put an app into HVE, but I will still consider others as I am still getting to terms with the game...
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

Join TAF, if u havent visit yet its recruitment thread then viewtopic.php?f=21&t=136355

have fun in the game.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Dark Hero
Forum Expert
Alliance: Truly Infidel
Race: FRA + other monkeys
ID: 20558

FS are a great bunch, good luck in whoever you choose if you have not made up your mind either way :D
Spoiler
Awards:
Spoiler
Presenting Vicariously:
Spoiler
Andy says: (12:15:34 PM)
i thought singapore was in china >.>

Dark Hero says: (12:15:41 PM)
AHAHAHAHA

Andy says: (12:15:41 PM)
or is that japan

Dark Hero says: (12:15:54 PM)