Main alliance names bleeding through to ascended

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Main alliance names bleeding through to ascended

So, an interesting issue, on one hand we have the liberty of tag names, and on the other we have alliances having the right to have their own members tagged on ascended (and stopping imposters).

The proposition was to disable one of two of the custom titles and allow the connected main's alliance name bleed through to ascended (or allow the alliance to customize what is seen on their members ascended accounts). After all you would think if you would stay in the same realm as your alliance....

As of now it is only a discussion. Good, bad?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Re: Main alliance names bleeding through to ascended

If it prevents the option to keep ones ascended a mystery if they so choose..bad..otherwise good.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

There is a certain charm about being able to drop tags etc on ascended and remaining under the radar but there are practical benefits to forcing people to have their alliance tags on ascended.
Basically, I dont know.

As long as full alliances arnt put into ascended with attack logs and alliance functions etc.
Sol
Forum Addict

@JT, you can easily find out anything about the linked main by GQing. There was no mystery to begin with, just a little work.

@Jim, well it will appear as the logs appear now.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

i think the question is will it be a hyper-link to a page that brings them all onto the one page like in main.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

I dont like the idea then, even though I have to work to track ID's.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Stuff of Legends,
I like much of your work on ascended.
Still, I used to be able to spend 5 Attack Turns to godquest anyone...
which was expensive and time consuming enough back then.

As for alliance tags on ascended:
Those are actually all purpose tags that often display planet-style messages.
Imposters are always part of the game.
Everyone keep your paws off me tags.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Pro:
prevented hits on other members of same alliance or ppl naped/dra with
stop ppl hiding behind fake tags..

Con: ppl with now extince alliance tags, make it easy to identify inactives

personally I like the idea of both alliance tags and main name carrying over to ascended.. cos as it stands now I could dub myself Jedi Tank DDE on ascended and no one would be the wiser unless they GQ or are JT :smt050
So would prevent identify theft.
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

fem fatale wrote:Pro:

personally I like the idea of both alliance tags and main name carrying over to ascended.. cos as it stands now I could dub myself Jedi Tank DDE on ascended and no one would be the wiser unless they GQ or are JT :smt050

Your Pro: This is why friends and allies exchange lists.
Everyone with a decent list or an awareness of multiple accounts having the same name would figure it out PDQ...

Even if one tries to impersonate someone on vac mode.
Sol
Forum Addict

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:
fem fatale wrote:Pro:

Your Pro: This is why friends and allies exchange lists.
Everyone with a decent list or an awareness of multiple accounts having the same name would figure it out PDQ...

Even if one tries to impersonate someone on vac mode.

Pfft yeah but the members come and go faster than a thai hooker on pay day. I remember it basically in every alliance i was in, members come and go often from alliances you were napped with and in the end you just didnt bother setting peace or unsetting war, or setting war again or whatever, and you didnt even bother to GQ people who were 'imposters' with an alliance tag (why waste 5 turns to GQ?).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

hmmm for you dubious I may change to Dubby The Mags on ascended.. plus if I do that it stuffs up your ascending to next lvl (unless that's been ironed out now)

I could fake being someone then go mass/decend someone else.. ppl tend to look at name and tags and react before bothering to GQ..

plus not only do you have ppl switching alliances but some change their accounts regularly too..

I like the legitimacy this would bring
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

No. If you want to publish your identity on ascended, you can do so through the tag and by sticking with your Main name, but alliance affiliation is unnecessary to be advertised on Ascended. You have enough information with the name in the GQ.

Besides, alliance affiliations are so far below those who are ascended, that their politics appear as petty squabbles. Why would a God advertise his affiliation with a bunch of lower beings? (The reverse, of course, is logical.)
Sol
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:Besides, alliance affiliations are so far below those who are ascended, that their politics appear as petty squabbles. Why would a God advertise his affiliation with a bunch of lower beings? (The reverse, of course, is logical.)

If a god plans to get followers it usually accustoms itself to its religion/people, after all the "Gods" of our world tend to make their own books, affiliate themselves with history and the like.
Although the hierarchy is somewhat logical, there is still the whole integrating between both levels.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Sol wrote:
Juliette wrote: Besides, alliance affiliations are so far below those who are ascended, that their politics appear as petty squabbles. Why would a God advertise his affiliation with a bunch of lower beings? (The reverse, of course, is logical.)
If a god plans to get followers it usually accustoms itself to its religion/people, after all the "Gods" of our world tend to make their own books, affiliate themselves with history and the like.
Although the hierarchy is somewhat logical, there is still the whole integrating between both levels.
Fair enough, that makes sense. However, the 'alliance' on ascended would be more like a 'Pantheon', right? Various gods associated with each other. Realistically, no god would advertise to which Pantheon they belong, right?
You are correct in that a god would have a downward metaphysical dynamic with his target audience, but a non-spoken horizontal association with their peers. :P
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

I refer you to the episode of Sg1 where Daniel didnt know Anubis was Anubis until it was revealed by Anubis. Oma knew but didnt tell.

Deni

Return to “Ascended General”