GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
ID: 0
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Quantum PPT

I've been watching a certain account quite closely for about 10 days now and, unless i've missed something (which at my age is entirely possible), the account has been on PPT (do we still call it that??) for too long.

As far as I can tell you can use the 2*24hrs (market status) + donate 1*48hrs p/week making the total PPT for a week 96hrs or 4 days, right?

This system is flawed isn't it? Surely it is supposed to stop a player from spending the entire week under protected status but if you are smart you can stay protected for 8 days!?? AND THEN (just to really kick you in the brains) you only have to wait 6 days until you can run another 8 days straight...
#-o
....and all for a measely £6.30 per week?

Please someone confirm i'm not insane and that this is ( :smt104 shockingly enough :smt104 ) the case?
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: Quantum PPT

I'm guessing you were watching a certain account admin used for testing, hence why it's now permanently on PPT.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

Aaaaah! Yes, that would explain "an other" thing about the account too..........however..........my understanding of the PPT system is correct isn't it? Being that you can sail 8 days on cloud nine and then only have to play the game for 6 days before you can go on 8 days PPT again?

I worked it out by drawing a picture but my art skills leave much to be desired so i'll try and reconstruct it here differently:

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun etc etc etc

Key:
Supporter Bonus
Infusion Bonus
Actual Time Playing (not paying)

Uuugh.

Has anyone suggested removing the 2*24hr supporter bonus?
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Yes your understanding of PPT system is correct.

There used to be a possibility of 3 days PPT on market, which was then reduced to 2 days. I doubt it'd go any lower.

Anyways seeing how things currently are, PPT is a useless option anyway so doing 8-days PPT runs would do you no good ;)

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
HippyFool
Forum Elder

8 day PPTs are possible but, as jack said, usually useless.

It was good at the start of this era for a few people with massive incomes. It was also good in the stones era when holding the stones for 8 days made you a god...

However most eras, going on 8 days PPT be either useless or actually have a negative effect on your account. You miss out on farming, you use up your weekly on PPT instead of turns or UU...and if you are spening $$ you would be better off getting an SS every 2nd week than a $10 every week.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

I see. Yes. After reading both your replies I went back to the game and did a few tweakings and brain thinkies and sure enough you are both quite right. I've got a respectable UP and my miners are maxxed out but i'm still making no where near as much as I farm with 10 turns per tick.

Thanks for the chat guys, it was most illuminating, I just hope that a round like this "stones" one I read about (and regretfully missed as it sounded awesome) isn't utterly ruined by this outdated PPT mechanic. Since the Market Support Bonus is not cash related it would be entirely fair on everybody equally if the amount was nerfed to only allow a "free" 24 hour PPT.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Going under the assumption that everyone spends money on the game, that would probably be a bit too much of PPT on Quantum. However, rare few do that.

Stones era would have been another one of the very interesting ones, like this one could have been, if admin hadn't done so many important mid-era changes. In either case, no matter what, the PPT mechanic isn't the one that's faulty. If everything is coded right no one can get such a huge advantage with 8 days PPT like the advantages one could have gotten in stones era and at the beginning of this era.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

I can't really comment on that because i was not here for either but i have been reading much about both incidences and it does seem rather tragic.

However, i can't help but think that alot of complicated forward thinking of the type that would make a grand master of chess weak at the knee could be totally avoided by the simple and painfree measure of nerfing the Support Bonus PPT; afterall, it surely is mostly as you've said (and i paraphrase *chuckle*) no self respecting talent in quantum would even miss it if it were gone....
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise

Return to “General”