Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Calibretto
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: back to drawingboard

READ OH READ

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=191413&p=2440620#p2440620

OK well,

I have had notice that my planets will be reduced.

I was not aware that I was using a so called bug. I was ranked 2 for a while with my amount of planets, so someone must be close to me, or the rankingsystem is bugged as well.

After ETL has been THREATENING ME on MSN after I took out his defense, (Yes I have the convo, and have spread it several times) and has been crying as a little kid again, its enough for me.

I was acused of using a bug against him, and well my future wasnt gonna look pretty, if it was all up to him. I want something to be done against this.

I hope more ppl will quit this game.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Re: READ OH READ

:smt017 what bug?
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Calibretto
Forum Expert

It seems to be a bug where I got more planets then I should have gotten.

When I fought and did dmg to ppl or killed some (I think I have 8 kills) I got rewarded. When I didnt do any fighting I didnt get any reward.

There is this line in the rules that says:

3. Weaker players will be compensated with more planets, to an extent.

Is this at the start? or during the tournament where you get rewarded with planets when you kill planets? I am smaller in enhancements then most players who are in, so imo thats where the 'compensation' kicks in, I thought.

I am not aware of using any bugs.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Maybe there is a bug, maybe you should wait for SoL to update and see if there is indeed a bug,

Bugs dont always get spotted straight up, but when they do get spotted they should be reported and fixed so that it becomes fair for all, else you will always find someone who will exploit them.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Nothing to worry about sol's on it.

'fraid there's no way you're not getting massed though, lol. I'm not being mean, just stating obvious.
Borek
Forum Addict

Often consequences on other servers for hitting people, Arena is no different in that respect. As for the planets then i noticed last Arena the rewards were messed up, i took out 3-4 people and caused heavy losses to their supers that should have gained me 3-4 billion more planets, i got nothing (apart from severely reduced AT's, less planets of my own and spent DMU), end result was when i needed to defend i didn't have enough resources to do it.

Maybe you got all mine a few weeks and 1 Arena later on lmao.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Calibretto
Forum Expert

Then how in gods name, if this is an old issue, why am I blamed now?
Borek
Forum Addict

Well it's a new issue as last Arena the bug involved NOT getting planets, apparently now the bug is you DO get planets. It's partly why i couldn't be bothered with this one, i suspected there would be some further issues :smt086
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

The reason you will be hit is simple..it's quite bloody obvious there was a bug..you were either getting wrongly accounted planets, and I assure you I'm not the only one who noticed, infact it was pointed out to me in a few pms. And one guy even thought that you were Sol gifting himself planets. And secondly you had to have known that others were not getting their planets. Yet on neither occasion did you enquire what was going on. You decided to use it. Too many people see things that could be wrong, but instead of letting admin know, they are willing to use it to gain whatever momentary advantage.

So suffer the consequences of your actions.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
Commander Vimes
Forum Expert
Alliance: T I T α N S Commander
Race: Vaguely Humanoid
ID: 87970

why did he HAVE to know others weren't getting them ETL?
the arena is a new thing despite being the 3rd one and there will be issues, either accept them or don't take part. either way exacting revenge on someone for their actions on a bugged arena is a bit silly unless he did know....
wait for sol to confirm or dismiss the problem and whether calibretto was in the wrong ;)
It's all for the greater gooood
msn commandervimes@live.co.uk
Calibretto
Forum Expert

I wasnt able to see what others were getting. even with the amount of spies, and then even when you spy you dont see the amount of slaveplanets someone has.

someone told me that Guild had a boost as well. Anyway you are so full of yourself that you threatened me on msn, and the way you did that is something I dont like at all.

It was against me personally

If I massed you in the arena anyway, I would, as you say it "suffer" the consequences.
Lets see how things go.

And as stated before I was ranked 2 in armysize while. even then I had 24 or 26 billion planets.

funny btw. this seems to be an old issue, why do you hammer on it so much now? because I massed you? Cuz its getting to you personally? If this is a known problem, it should get as much attention like any other. So that means it will get fixed when its time to fix it and not when you pooped your pamper.
Borek
Forum Addict

I think the point is you should KNOW how many planets you are supposed to get from how much damage you dish out to people, if the amount is clearly wrong and you have received more then it would be nice if people did the right thing and reported it to SoL instead of being greedy and abusing their free resources.

But then again that is how SGW is and has been for a while, it's turned from what was once a game of strategy and teamwork to just holding the Enter key down and throwing money and resources at the monitor then trash talking on the forum about it.
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

who cares good job cali people just whine about bugs cause it affected them and they got shafted - Do it again cali and watch them moan at you :-D
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Calibretto
Forum Expert

Borek wrote:I think the point is you should KNOW how many planets you are supposed to get from how much damage you dish out to people, if the amount is clearly wrong and you have received more then it would be nice if people did the right thing and reported it to SoL instead of being greedy and abusing their free resources.

But then again that is how SGW is and has been for a while, it's turned from what was once a game of strategy and teamwork to just holding the Enter key down and throwing money and resources at the monitor then trash talking on the forum about it.

Borek, its my 1st time. atm Calesta said i dont get planets I thought there must be something wrong with his account. But he reported it. I was not aware of how much it really was compaired to others. the rules say he who kills most, gets the most to a maximum of 1.5 billion planets per kill made either you or someone else within 36 hours.

As said before I only received planets when I fought. I thought I was doing fine. I am not an exploiter or however you wanna name it.
Borek
Forum Addict

Yup and last Arena was my 1st and only one, didn't get my planets i should have been rewarded, got killed because someone abused the sabbing bug, new admin, same old buggy poorly thought out crap.

I can fully understand why people are getting pissed off when someone gains an unfair advantage regardless of whether or not it was known about.

As for the threats then tbh i don't think anyone can claim attacking ETL will end well for them, extra planets or not :smt042

Return to “Ascended General”