Anniversary Presents

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Anniversary Presents

I was thinking we have specific id's at the bottom of our Command Center main page that was used in the old days to get reinforcements that don't do anything anymore...however if you plug it into the bettycalc it tells you roughly how long you have had your account. If the bettycalc knows this information then it is fair to assume that there is a log/database on the server that informs admin how old/ when that account was created.

If that assumption is true then what if like christmas we all got an anniversary gift from admin for being a user for x amount of years of staying with the game.

Like 10k free AT, 20tril free naq, or 10mil free lifers.

Same could apply to ascended as well but would go off of the date you first started playing ascended.

You could get a full refill on AT, 20quad dmu, or 200bil life force cache.
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Re: Anniversary Presents

few people are in possession or have had possession of their current accounts for their entirety of playing.
Death is the Road to Awe

ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

nice idea but as Ra pointed out, a lot of ppl have traded accounts since they originally started..
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

fem fatale wrote:nice idea but as Ra pointed out, a lot of ppl have traded accounts since they originally started..
What she said. No merit.
Sol
Forum Addict

Eisen Feuer wrote:Same could apply to ascended as well but would go off of the date you first started playing ascended.

You could get a full refill on AT, 20quad dmu, or 200bil life force cache.

There are no solid records of when someone started playing ascended, although I have come up with a formula based on a few things that *seems* to come relatively close to the starting date.

People get red titles anyway.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

even the red title means little now.. a new player can trade their way to an 3yr old account..
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

We got a Xmas present for the last 2 runnings. We really don't need anymore free gifts in my opinion but nice idea.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Field Marshall wrote:We got a Xmas present for the last 2 runnings. We really don't need anymore free gifts in my opinion but nice idea.
Seconded.
Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular

The idea was to only give resources to those that accept them on their anniversary. So regardless on how long you have been around you would get the same amount.

So for example

I have been playing since June 27th 2005 - 20:14:22 GMT I would receive my gift on that day but it isn't greater or less than anyone that started before or after.

Idea could be implemented differently but needs to be discussed rather than either "its a good idea" or "not going to work people have different accounts now"

So please discuss further and put more constructive thoughts and ideas toward this.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Eisen Feuer wrote:The idea was to only give resources to those that accept them on their anniversary. So regardless on how long you have been around you would get the same amount.

So for example

I have been playing since June 27th 2005 - 20:14:22 GMT I would receive my gift on that day but it isn't greater or less than anyone that started before or after.

Idea could be implemented differently but needs to be discussed rather than either "its a good idea" or "not going to work people have different accounts now"

So please discuss further and put more constructive thoughts and ideas toward this.

There was nothing unconstructive, in my opinion there is no need for more handouts due to the huge Xmad bonus. It's a forum, not everyone is going to agree with your proposal!
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

The criticism is not about the amount but about the idea itself.
Asking for free stuff is just not done. If admin wants to give stuff, he will.

What he could do is replace the christmas thing with this idea instead of giving even more free stuff.
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Eisen Feuer wrote:The idea was to only give resources to those that accept them on their anniversary. So regardless on how long you have been around you would get the same amount.

So for example

translation..

i want free stuff! :smt022
Death is the Road to Awe

Return to “Game Suggestions”