Pardon on behalf of ~DaVinci~

Ombudsman Case Archives
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Pardon on behalf of ~DaVinci~

Dear Mr/Mrs Ombudsman,

I come to you with a plee, not just to you but to your fellow mods and admins with a proposal. One that I put forward as a selfless act for a friend.

~DaVinci~ as you know in the past has been a hothead, much like myself. Posts and thinks about consequences later. He enjoys the forums and his overkeen nature has in the past made things come out in the wrong light.

~DaVinci~ is a good natured person in this community. He gains respect from friends and enemies alike. He has time for everybody and always tries to help. He has changed in his downtime and now sees the obvious deterent in posting against the rules. He has openly admitted this to many.

I come to you, my powerful overseers and beg that ~DaVinci~ is given another opportunity to show his changed ways. The same way the community gave you the chance to be Ombudspeople and the same opportunity Admins gave the mods.

I for one miss 'lil Tom and I know that many will back me on this. If you can truly say, your lives are a little more tolerant with him gone, I will submit.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Vicarious
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Legion
Race: SISU
ID: 1972520

Re: Pardon on behalf of ~DaVinci~

Clearly a multi, burn the witch!

:smt117

~V
Dark Hero Siggies:
Spoiler
Dark Hero says:
i ****** up with cough syrup once
never doing that again
it had sorbitol in it which basically means... instant diarrhoea
plus we were drinking at the same time which meant instant passing out
now put them both together....

Dark Hero says:
there is only 362 days in the year

Vicariously Dark Hero 10,000,000 Naquadah 5,800,000,000,000 Naquadah Jan 08, 2012, 11:11 am Completed.
GrizzZzzly siggies:
Spoiler
GrizzZzzly says:
ya but i mainly watch it cos he's hawt
Da Vinci siggies:
Spoiler
Tom says:
well was in the shower
thought why not time to spair
i can multi task
then he started saying
"bend over pick up the soap"
Lord of Destruction siggies:
Spoiler
Tom says:
guys
first 1 to reply wins 1t
omg..
not even loid
ppt misser
1t out
1.5t def
omg

Tom just sent you a nudge.

Andy says:
LoD $$$
™Lord Of DestructiOn says:
??
Andy says:
lol
Tom says:
lmaoi

Tom says:
lol my friend from college has sex with his cousin while his m8 watched from a tree
~NAME~ Siggies:
Spoiler
zakb3 says:
i love you <3
Jokerz Siggies:
Spoiler
peter says:
Rocky?
Andy says:
andy
peter says:
andy?
Andy says:
Vicariously
peter says:
ahh
Brothers siggies:
Spoiler
wnpll20@googlemail.com (E-mail address not verified) says:
guild stats whats left whilst i wsa ndruun
druk
drunky
drnk
drunkl
drunk
FM siggies:
Spoiler
FM says:
I once went out...and started drinking the next day as well...
and I went crazy
I don't remember anything about the evening...
I woke up in my mates new house...new carpet...the works...
There was a little turd on the floor
Tom says:
rofllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
FM says:
and on my ass

FM says:
Maybe you think slower then you type?
So you do stuff phonetically
Like a tard
Tom says:
mby u should shut up
Random Siggies:
Spoiler
vintage says:
come on andy do it
do it!
do
it
!

Andy says:
Weapons Destroyed
Name Type Quantity Strength
Targeted Spacial Distortions Defense 2005293 5750/5750
Defense
vintage says:
he did it :O
damn you :O

Alexander Newman says
your a tard //
Andy Barrell says
FS ******* Special
Alexander Newman says
TL **Filtered** Lemmings
Andy Barrell says
FS Forgotten Socks
Alexander Newman says
TL Twerp Sauce
Andy Barrell says
FAIL
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

How many times did he break the rules and create a multi to try and get access to the forums again? He hasn't learned anything since he was banned. He just wants back. It's no easy task getting 9 warnings in 6 months.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Empy wrote:How many times did we break the rules and create a multi to try and get access to the forums again? He hasn't learned anything since he was banned. He just wants back. It's no easy task getting 9 warnings in 6 months.

Everybody makes mistakes Empy, nobody here is perfect.

I don't excuse what he has done and neither does he. It's wrong. Granted and I appreciate that.

However, everybody is capable of change if given the opportunity.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Empy wrote:How many times did we break the rules and create a multi to try and get access to the forums again? He hasn't learned anything since he was banned. He just wants back. It's no easy task getting 9 warnings in 6 months.

Freudian slip?
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Field Marshall wrote:

I don't excuse what he has done and neither does he. It's wrong. Granted and I appreciate that.

No you're here trying to excuse what he did, that's what a pardon is.

He has to have changed before coming back, and he clearly hasn't because he keeps creating more multis to try and circumvent the rules.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
ID: 0
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Field Marshall wrote:nobody here is perfect

Empy wrote:It's no easy task getting 9 warnings in 6 months.

Clearly some are a great deal less perfect than others.

:smt018
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Empy wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:

No you're here trying to excuse what he did, that's what a pardon is.

He has to have changed before coming back, and he clearly hasn't because he keeps creating more multis to try and circumvent the rules.

Sorry, if I misinterpreted a pardoning.

A pardoning in my eyes is the acknowledgement of your wrong doing. Not to justify what/if you are wrong.

Tom knows what he did was wrong. He is incredibly regretful and remorseful and wishes to take it all back. However, he obviously cannot.

Though, please can you tell me, when these multies were created?
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Psyko
The Irresistible

Field Marshall wrote:Dear Mr/Mrs Ombudsman,

I come to you with a plee, not just to you but to your fellow mods and admins with a proposal. One that I put forward as a selfless act for a friend.

~DaVinci~ as you know in the past has been a hothead, much like myself. Posts and thinks about consequences later. He enjoys the forums and his overkeen nature has in the past made things come out in the wrong light.

~DaVinci~ is a good natured person in this community. He gains respect from friends and enemies alike. He has time for everybody and always tries to help. He has changed in his downtime and now sees the obvious deterent in posting against the rules. He has openly admitted this to many.

I come to you, my powerful overseers and beg that ~DaVinci~ is given another opportunity to show his changed ways. The same way the community gave you the chance to be Ombudspeople and the same opportunity Admins gave the mods.

I for one miss 'lil Tom and I know that many will back me on this. If you can truly say, your lives are a little more tolerant with him gone, I will submit.

Here's the thing. The day he was perma-banned, DaVinci created several multi accounts which were subsequently banned for ban evasion. Less than two weeks later he came to us and asked the Ombudsman team to request a pardon. We informed him that such a short period of time was not long enough to learn such a lesson, as he had 2 of those same ban periods previously within a 6 month time period and he still managed to come back to the forum and earn more warnings. We suggested he resubmit in at least a month, because we knew any such pardon was not deserved just yet and would be (justly) shot down by the Administration.

A few weeks ago another multi account was banned for evasion. Thus, proving he could not follow the rules of this forum. If he cannot trust this process and follow the proper procedure to be allowed back on the forum, we cannot see where any change has truly occurred in DaVinci, and cannot recommend a pardon on his behalf to the Admins at this time.

If DaVinci wants back on the forum, and wants to prove he has changed, he needs to show us that.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Imperius
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
ID: 96625
Alternate name(s): Apostle

Lol

Wonder why game is dying.

It's a game, strict admins permabanning active players.
"Enemies are good. Its means you have stood up for something you believed in..."

~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Everyone fights, no one quits.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Imperius wrote:Lol

Wonder why game is dying.

It's a game, strict admins permabanning active players.

The game is not dying due to the forum rule breakers.

Admins do not do the perma-banning. GMs issue bans once a user's warning level has reached a certain point according to forum rules. If a user cannot abide by the forum rules, the banning is deserved. The forum staff should never bypass a warning or protocol "because the game is dying" or for any other reason.

DaVinci broke the rules. He was informed of what would happen should he continue to post in a way which would cause him to be warned. He did not change his behavior and was banned from the forum permanently. This is all on DaVinci, not the forum staff whom, as far as we can tell from DaVinci's user notes, acted in a proper manner.

A pardon is a special thing which should be treated as such, not simply thrown around to appease an individual or group of just because one active user/trader is no longer allowed on the forum, nor should it be given out "because the game is dying". Pardons are traditionally political, but they are also rare and only given to those who are deserving.

We are not saying the Ombudsman will never support DaVinci and ask for a pardon on his behalf. But we are saying that given his recent behavior since his ban, there is very little arguments we could use that would benefit his case and potentially convince the Admins to give DaVinci another chance on this forum. If DaVinci were to behave and not be on the Admins radar for ban evasion before requesting a pardon once more, at least Juliette and myself would have a stronger case in DaVinci's favor and we would consider requesting a pardon on his behalf.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:Dear Mr/Mrs Ombudsman,

Here's the thing. The day he was perma-banned, DaVinci created several multi accounts which were subsequently banned for ban evasion. Less than two weeks later he came to us and asked the Ombudsman team to request a pardon. We informed him that such a short period of time was not long enough to learn such a lesson, as he had 2 of those same ban periods previously within a 6 month time period and he still managed to come back to the forum and earn more warnings. We suggested he resubmit in at least a month, because we knew any such pardon was not deserved just yet and would be (justly) shot down by the Administration.

A few weeks ago another multi account was banned for evasion. Thus, proving he could not follow the rules of this forum. If he cannot trust this process and follow the proper procedure to be allowed back on the forum, we cannot see where any change has truly occurred in DaVinci, and cannot recommend a pardon on his behalf to the Admins at this time.

If DaVinci wants back on the forum, and wants to prove he has changed, he needs to show us that.

He acknowledges that creating those account on that day was very stupid. He knows this and as I say regrets doing that.

A few weeks ago? Was it definitely him, I've not had a chance to bring that up with him directly but he did say the only accounts that he created was on that same day?
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

As a regular forum user I dont think Tom was deserving of a permaban.. yes some of his posts may have been considered spam BUT from the posts I remember he was always poliet and civil to others. A trait we should be encouraging on here,

Seems more than a little odd that ppl that have scammed, cheated and been constanly rude to others get to stay while ppl like Tom are perma banned.

What kind of message are you as admins/mods trying to send to the forum community as a whole?

Perhaps the whole banning system needs an overhaul,

eg 1 ban 2 weeks
2 ban 1 month
3 ban 2 months
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Empy wrote:It's no easy task getting 9 warnings in 6 months.

It's pretty easy. You go to a topic and make a joke. Tada. Warning. :roll:
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Psyko
The Irresistible

fem fatale wrote:As a regular forum user I dont think Tom was deserving of a permaban.. yes some of his posts may have been considered spam BUT from the posts I remember he was always poliet and civil to others. A trait we should be encouraging on here,

Seems more than a little odd that ppl that have scammed, cheated and been constanly rude to others get to stay while ppl like Tom are perma banned.

What kind of message are you as admins/mods trying to send to the forum community as a whole?

Perhaps the whole banning system needs an overhaul,

eg 1 ban 2 weeks
2 ban 1 month
3 ban 2 months

DaVinci broke the rules far more than just 9 times; as Ear stated, he does have several verbal warnings in his user notes, as well. Verbals are meant to point out to a user, "hey, post like that are against _____ rule. You should avoid further posts like that." Temporary bans are a sterner approach to give the same message. In 6 months, DaVinci ignored all such warnings until he was perma-banned. Only then does he see the error of his ways and is willing to change.

I believe he does wish to return and has learned his lesson, but none of his actions since his ban support that, so I have nothing to use to convince the Admins.

As to the scammers and whatnot...Admin Jason has no rules against such behavior, which means the forum staff cannot punish someone for that. If you want that to change, take it up with Jason at the Friday meeting.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

Return to “Case Archives”