Limitation for perg.

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Heisenberg
Forum Expert
Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

Limitation for perg.

After seeing a post about someone almost being force out the game due to a big perg player I came up with this.

Perg is for smaller players to get grips to the game and for less active players.

I believe a limit should be set for covert levels allowed in perg and not just based on army size. You cannot be a small player even with 37 covert sitting in perg, never mind 41.

Just a thought.
Sylus
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Love Demon
ID: 1915552

Re: Limitation for perg.

After hearing someone got massed in norm, I think norm should be limited to the following:

1) Random arbitrary power limitation

2) Additional arbitrary limitations

3) Stringent army size limitations

4) And this should be discussed and considered by players who don't play in norm, as obviously they're the experts.

Just a thought
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection
ID: 0

Yeah, western warrior did tell me once that he likes "sabbing big defs and strikes and massing fleets.". Their biggest in main anyway :-D
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Heisenberg
Forum Expert

Eärendil wrote:
The Architect wrote:After seeing a post about someone almost being force out the game due to a big perg player I came up with this.

Perg is for smaller players to get grips to the game and for less active players.

I believe a limit should be set for covert levels allowed in perg and not just based on army size. You
cannot be a small player even with 37 covert sitting in perg, never mind 41.

Just a thought.

From 2010 updates.
PERGATORY
[spoiler2=]* Requirements now listed on the personelle summary grid. The entry is 15% of 'max units' (max units is 1/2 of plague threshold, and is listed as well...it grows with time), and you are booted at 20% of the same value. Only the entry maximum is listed. The time between attacking/protection and moving back to pergatory, is now 48hours (from 24). It is meant to be a place to be, not a place to go to and from...
* Needs 48 hours of no attacking, ppt or vacation, to LEAVE (used to be just to get there...now it is also to leave). The curtain between realms of existence requires a clean soul![/spoiler2]
* We are looking to see if some type of further power or rank limitation needs to be incorporated, but it will not be released at this time.

Maybe 2 years is enough time for something to 'not' be released, eh?

Haha yeah. Its just a thought. Although I feel admin should really look into this. A 41 cov is pretty uncontrollable in main nevermind perg haha
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

A 41 cov 40 AC in Perg is just someone making up for something they lack in real life
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Sylus wrote:After hearing someone got massed in norm, I think norm should be limited to the following:

4) And this should be discussed and considered by players who don't play in norm, as obviously they're the experts.

Just a thought

got to agree with this, seen more ppl driven out of game after being massed on main.. and attacks in perg are already limited to 60 a day (if that't not changed)
besides NewGeounds has since been added into the mix to give new players a chance.

I'd think introducing the same restictions to who you can attack in Perg AND main as in ascended .. ie frowned upon to hit those a lot smaler etc
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Bromas
Forum Addict

Sylus wrote:After hearing someone got massed in norm, I think norm should be limited to the following:

Just a thought

Perg was bought into the game to allow for slower game-play with less risk of being massed etc, etc, so that players with less time and busier lives can still play.
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

Just a thought

+1 :-D
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

I've played in perg for a while. And its quite depressing getting hit by a 20T strike... And the fact that with 10 mil spies on crit no one can physically sab him... And the fact that you have your army trained as spies and it gets ac'd for next to no losses. Not moaning or anything, just lived with it
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Bromas
Forum Addict

There should be like
A month stay in Perg then you have to be in main for a week
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Andy! wrote:There should be like

Wouldn't change a thing, losing the small stats he has built up when he heads to main won't deter someone who can drop the change to buy spy 41.

It doesn't matter that he can only hit people with 60 turns in perg...he still has plenty of sabs he can do. Besides, 4 15-turn attacks with ac trained on ac 40 and his giant strike from just a few mil att supers means he can knife through any defense that would float in perg.

Got to give him credit. He's figured out a way to truly dominate perg.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Bromas
Forum Addict

Mathlord wrote:

Wouldn't change a thing, losing the small stats he has built up when he heads to main won't deter someone who can drop the change to buy spy 41.

It doesn't matter that he can only hit people with 60 turns in perg...he still has plenty of sabs he can do. Besides, 4 15-turn attacks with ac trained on ac 40 and his giant strike from just a few mil att supers means he can knife through any defense that would float in perg.

Yeah but why would you spend that much $$ to dominate somewhere so miniscule?
Heisenberg
Forum Expert

Mathlord wrote:

That. That is my point.
Sylus
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Love Demon
ID: 1915552

Obviously, the irony of my post is being lost on some fine upstanding gatewarsers, so I'll make a serious post.

Andy! wrote:Perg was bought into the game to allow for slower game-play with less risk of being massed etc, etc, so that players with less time and busier lives can still play.

I have been playing in perg for the better part of four years, and people always make this goddamn argument. One person loses a 4-6T defence, or their decent MS, and all of a sudden everyone starts shouting "THE GAME IS BROKEN! FIX IT! STOP THEM!"

And no one addresses what the issue actually is, hell I'd quote a number of norm players here from the vulture thread because it's relevant here. The biggest reason these players get originally noticed, is because not only do they have considerable stats, but they sit there with 2-8T naq out. Why the hell should they be allowed to turtle with no consequences. Is that what you want? You want perg to be a place where people can just avoid some arbitrary stat, say covert, and have a 15T defence, which is HUGE in perg because of the army size limit, and all the rest in miners and income planets, meaning they can't be touched. WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT THIS!?

This game has always had passive and aggressive members, you can't force a realm passive, and if you try, you will bleach the colour and reason people play this game.

HERE'S A WEIRD IDEA. Why do you think Western Warrior plays in perg. Honestly?

SPOILER ALERT: HE'S FREAKEN BUSY FOR DAYS AT A TIME. He's the a-typical perg player, active for short bursts. And then he's afforded the ability to leave and come back without risk of seeing every stat zeroed.

I'm in the same boat, so are others, hell Alaskan Assassin seems to be doing ok in perg right now, gonna complain about his account in perg too?

This is positively the most arbitrary, idiotic rule anyone could ever conceive. How about all norm players have to vacation for a week, and stagger it so almost no one is playing. SOUNDS GENIUS.

Mathlord wrote:he still has plenty of sabs he can do. Besides, 4 15-turn attacks with ac trained on ac 40 and his giant strike from just a few mil att supers means he can knife through any defense that would float in perg.

Well, to this, his covert means more than anything he can limit his losses, and can sab the higher cov/def players. But obviously norm only pays attention to norm updates, and forgets that admin is trying to find balance in perg also, so I'll spell it out for everyone:

Game Updates 2012 wrote:Less Sab in Perg. Its not a place for super-spies, although that does not limit you coming in (as does army size). Regardless, your covert capacity is lower while in perg...

I know. Weird right. Like no one noticed...no one in norm anyway.

And I'm going to say, several of the active turtle players in perg have cottoned onto how sab works, and have re-structured their accounts, making sabs even less effective again. I'm not going to spell out how, because I don't like turtle players, but, just know that players aren't all screaming about quitting. Maybe don't take the fun out of it simply because one player threatened to quit because his 10T defence, and 4T a day naq started to disappear; because that's stupid, if you championed this cause in norm like you did in perg, you'd all be called out for being naive.
thorsworld1
Fledgling Forumer

@sylus

Whats a turtle ? I was in perg and very active got a 36t attack from western and a 1.6t defended planet taken in just 3 turns.

Me a turtle ? no

What was I told by him " I treat everyone the same" this is not about normal play this person can take ANYONE on in perg as well as give hell for many in main and get no return because no one can beat his covert and AC, anyone who tries then becomes a target.

Just like the school playground, you try and stand up against the bully and then its batton down the hatches because you will be hit all the time.

In main you do that and you can expect someone to zero you not possible in perg

Perg needs fixing, just because someone makes a good income because of the way they built their planets and then puts more into defending the income, FOR THE SAME REASON WHAT YOU MENTION THEY ARE NOT AROUND ENOUGHT TIME TO BANK IT.

Your argument can be thrown back at you, I for one cannot throw $$ at this game which is why I have been trying to sell my account, because I thought I could play in perg and now forced to play in main all because 1 person says they will do what they want just at a whim for no reason other than because they can do it to ANYONE with little or no consequence, remember those who put most of their army to defend their income will not be able to build to attack in other words lose lose

Perg needs tweeking simple as that

Return to “Game Suggestions”