Some kind of MS bug

doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection
ID: 0

Some kind of MS bug

This can't be right. did two hits on Timicky id 5532 back to back. First was raid, then attack. btw he is inactive.

This is from raid hit
Opposite this, stood the forces of timicky
timicky resisted the aggressors with:
10 Mothership
8 Base Guard.

This is from attack hit
doc holliday arrived in 33 Mothership.
They were matched by 20 Mothership (remember, each planet gets 10 MS in their Daily Planetary Defence Assignment, refreshed daily.)
A space battle ensues, destroying 0 of timicky's Mothership and 1 of doc holliday's Mothership
doc holliday did manage to transport their troops to the ground.
The ground army consisted of:
20 Special Forces armed as follows:
20 Special Forces have Nano Decompiler Tower
Opposite this, stood the forces of timicky
timicky resisted the aggressors with:
20 Mothership
8 Base Guard.

Why does he have 10 motherships one moment and 20 the next moment. Also when he has 20 and i have 33 he loses 0 and i lose 1 :-k
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Some kind of MS bug

Concerning the 'one moment 0, the next 10'.. you might have hit between the refresh moments. :)
doc holliday
Forum Elite

it was one moment 10 and the next 20 and it was in the afternoon gametime. i thought refresh time was around midnight???
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
Borek
Forum Addict

MS does not trigger in raid attacks
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
doc holliday
Forum Elite

Realized that, but still don't understand why it would show he has 10 in raid hit and 20 in attack hit
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
Borek
Forum Addict

i assume it just shows a default value to stop the code having to be altered too much for the different attack types.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Actually this happens all the time with Raids and attacks. If I recon and it says they have 10, they have 20. If I recon and it says they have 0, they have 10 at the time of battle. During battle it will say that I destroy one of their MS, but on the next battle they still have 10. Sometimes when I attack they will destroy one of mine and I wont destroy any of theirs when I have at least triple the amount of MS that they have. It doesn't matter the time of day, this for me is constant.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

We will check again to see if there is something wrong.. but I believe this has to do with the basic defence all defenders get.
After we check, we will know more. Thank you for the report. :)

Summarising:
Recon shows x
Raid shows x+10
Attack shows x?
Slim87R
Forum Expert

I can post attack logs and recon logs if you want. There have been times when I would attack an opponent multiple times in a row, and their MS count would go 12-28-14-10..... I have also seen negative defense numbers as well. Probably don't have those logs because it was a while ago, and I just now decided to join the forum.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

True, that reminds me.. Welcome to the forum! ;)

Negative defence should be fixed. Sounds like you have been attacking an active player, which would be a reasonable explanation why the MS count varied. However, to be sure, please PM me the logs (or battle log ID's). :)
LordRevan
Forum Newbie
Race: System Lord
ID: 49044

can someone explain to me what is happening here:

(log id: 87791)
A arrived in 1,035 Mothership.
They were matched by 20 Mothership.
A space battle ensues, destroying 2 of B's Mothership and 5 of A's Mothership

The forces of A rush in full force, and inflict 16,091,011 damage on B's forces!
It was confirmed that 0 of B's forces fell at the hands of A's assult.
The forces of B fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 40,000 damage on A's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of A's troops.

this one isnt a terrible **Filtered**, but it's still not quite right and there are issues with MS casualties definitely, see below.
as i understood, the update that addressed MS casualties bug(s) said that you should take no (or significantly less) casualties if the forces are ridiculously outmatched, i'm not sure if there is some kind of relation between MS casualties and strike vs def ground combat, but there obviously is: if you loose your ground combat you take more MS casualties. however, what happens if i have a superior number of MS, 30% more, but loose the ground combat? the answer is this:

(log id: 87775)
B arrived in 730 Mothership.
They were matched by 1,085 Mothership.
A space battle ensues, destroying 26 of A's Mothership and 1 of B's Mothership

The forces of B rush in full force, and inflict 111,673,489 damage on A's forces!
It was confirmed that 173 of A's forces fell at the hands of B's assult.
The forces of A fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 68,080,000 damage on B's forces!
They managed to eradicate 2 of B's troops.

now this one warrants a **Filtered**. I am quite... angry with such outcome, if it's MS vs MS and then ground vs ground, it is not working as intended and should be fixed or somehow more balanced or at all not related to ground battle. what is the point of having a superior MS force if someone attacking you with 10 times less MS but superior ground force will still destroy more MS than loose themselves?

i call bug -_-
Thy Hollow Soul Drowns in Thy Sins /Jigoku Shoujo/ ^^
-------
I am RANDOM
-------
Formula to my forum post count:
(time spend on any forum (in hours)) + (random number from 0 to 9)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

No, LordRevan, in case of log ID 87775, it takes 12 of your MS to reach the strength of 1 of your opponent's MS. You were overpowered by *a lot*.
You are ascension level x; your opponent was ascension level x+11.

In the case of log ID 87791 you lost the minimum of 5% of your MS.

Basically, you got done in by your opponents ascension level. :) Ascension is a core element of this game.
LordRevan
Forum Newbie
Race: System Lord
ID: 49044

it doesnt say anywhere about ascension level being present in formula's and it should, if anything i'm misinformed, add more help pages or more description what ascension level is used for would be my suggestion in this case, if this worked as intended
Thy Hollow Soul Drowns in Thy Sins /Jigoku Shoujo/ ^^
-------
I am RANDOM
-------
Formula to my forum post count:
(time spend on any forum (in hours)) + (random number from 0 to 9)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Most 'formulas' you see posted here are incomplete; directions on how to calculate, not the actual calculations. Those are for you to find out.

The effects of ascension are described as follows on your Base page:
Your base level of ascended power. This level is used a multiplier for all other stats including strike, defense, covert, anti-covert, income. It does NOT multiply Ascended Power growth or population growth. You can achieve a maximum level of 20 the cost aproximately doubling each time.
The underlined 'all other stats' also includes MS. The list is extensive, but not complete, nor does it need to be imo.. basically: higher ascension is better at everything except AP growth and UP.

In my opinion, we have given a clear enough description of the role ascension plays in this game. Yes, there are many things left for you to discover yourself, with your friends (when thinking of secret tactics) or with the community in general. :) All power to you!
Slim87R
Forum Expert

This brings up another issue: How do you know your opponents ascension level? I have never seen it in recon logs. This may be why I lost a MS against a much weaker opponent when they lost none. Ascension level should be reconable so you can use that to know if you want to actually attack that person as well.

Return to “Bugs/Glitches”