App

harshfello
Forum Regular
Alliance: TAF
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Melloyello heining. Harshfello noob the list goes on :)

App

lost over 1t cache in points when converting for turns

good way to start out on ascended

mathlord was teaching me how to play too.
Last edited by harshfello on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: App

That is not a bug. APP-Turns conversion always converts ALL APP.
Surely Math warned you about this?
harshfello
Forum Regular

before
[ 2,452,962 (18,020 of which will not be converted) Ascension Points Available, this will eventually return 1,069,232,542,687 Ascended Life Force

after
20 (18,020 of which will not be converted) Ascension Points Available, this will eventually return 0 Ascended Life Force
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

"Converting to turns will use ALL of your APP, you have been warned", says that right next to the button, and has always been the case that converting APP to Turns will gobble up all of your APP in the process.

It's not a huge setback MelloYello, it will take you around ~525 turns to earn back what you lost, if you hit targets for over 300t DMU.

Have to chalk this up to a learning experience.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
harshfello
Forum Regular

Clockwork wrote:"Converting to turns will use ALL of your APP, you have been warned", says that right next to the button, and has always been the case that converting APP to Turns will gobble up all of your APP in the process.

It's not a huge setback MelloYello, it will take you around ~525 turns to earn back what you lost, if you hit targets for over 300t DMU.

Have to chalk this up to a learning experience.

how do i hot for 300t whe. i dont even have 10m planets lol
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

MelloYello wrote:before
[ 2,452,962 (18,020 of which will not be converted) Ascension Points Available, this will eventually return 1,069,232,542,687 Ascended Life Force

after
20 (18,020 of which will not be converted) Ascension Points Available, this will eventually return 0 Ascended Life Force
Like I said.. APP->AT conversion uses ALL APP. It says so on the page (see the bit Clockwork so helpfully quoted), it was put there specifically, because you are not the first to do this. Then it was decided to put a big warning sign up. You might not have read it, but that does not make this a bug.

MelloYello wrote:how do i hot for 300t whe. i dont even have 10m planets lol
In that case, it is a bigger setback, but still not a bug.
If we were going to refund every mistake people make, we would be handing out DMU/APP/Naq/AT/UU at every turn.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this thread? :)
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

If we are refunding every mistake people make?

I want 30^14 LF for my stupidity!
harshfello
Forum Regular

Juliette wrote:
MelloYello wrote:before

after
Like I said.. APP->AT conversion uses ALL APP. It says so on the page (see the bit Clockwork so helpfully quoted), it was put there specifically, because you are not the first to do this. Then it was decided to put a big warning sign up. You might not have read it, but that does not make this a bug.

MelloYello wrote:how do i hot for 300t whe. i dont even have 10m planets lol
In that case, it is a bigger setback, but still not a bug.
If we were going to refund every mistake people make, we would be handing out DMU/APP/Naq/AT/UU at every turn.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this thread? :)

wasnt trying to get anything out of this thread but the reasoning. if its auto withdrawn it should be taking just the amount needed for turns?
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

The conversion for turns is not automatic, you have to manually ask for the turns by pressing the convert button.

The minimum amount of APP you need to have available is 18,000, there is no maximum, as the conversion process takes everything you have. It is up to the individual to decide if they are comfortable paying 'whatever APP' they have in return for 4000 turns.

Edit:-

In your case, going by your comment about a ~10m army size, you can hit people up to 50m army size. So, aiming for around page 140 onwards in the cosmos, having scanned 50 or so pages looking for viable targets, and working on averages, you should be able to recoup your loss of LF from APP in around 4350 turns. So your down by around 350 - 500 turns.

In any case, if I were you, I would pump every DMU you farm from your 4k turns into your CER fleets, so that you grow into range of much more profitable hits, in turn speeding up the process of increasing your personal levels with life force.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
harshfello
Forum Regular

so why does it say will be automatically converted over 18k then?
like i said havent played ascended in maby years of being around so just trying to understand
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

MelloYello wrote:so why does it say will be automatically converted over 18k then?
like i said havent played ascended in maby years of being around so just trying to understand
Above 18k APP get converted automatically. However, if you have more than 18k APP and convert for ATs, all your APP are still used. It is a choice.. either you allow all your APP to be converted into 4k ATs, OR you allow them (all but 18k) to be automatically converted into LFC.

;)
turkey_junior
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Omega
Race: Flemish

Why would you want the over 18,020 APP to be turned into turns when you already get a full restock on turns by just using the 18,020? This is a giant issue for even older players (i.e myself) who haven't ascended in years and could run into this mistake as I have also. There's 112b APP down the drain.... This may not be a bug but it surely is a major issue that should not be overlooked. If you have 112b APP like I did were you supposed to go those several months without being able to take advantage of the refill turns ability? Something is off with that system and seriously needs to be looked at closer.
Sol
Forum Addict

turkey_junior wrote:Why would you want the over 18,020 APP to be turned into turns when you already get a full restock on turns by just using the 18,020? This is a giant issue for even older players (i.e myself) who haven't ascended in years and could run into this mistake as I have also. There's 112b APP down the drain.... This may not be a bug but it surely is a major issue that should not be overlooked. If you have 112b APP like I did were you supposed to go those several months without being able to take advantage of the refill turns ability? Something is off with that system and seriously needs to be looked at closer.
You don't have to convert for turns. If you leave it, it will still convert what you get every TC into cache.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
turkey_junior
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Omega
Race: Flemish

Yes but one would hope that they would still have the ability to use the 18,020--> turn conversion. DMU is one of the main ways to grow in Ascended so you are putting yourself at a disadvantage not being able to get an extra set of turns every week or two. Yes you have all of that APP stored up, but it used to be that you could just push a button and get all of that APP converted instantly (hence why I pushed that button and lost 112b APP). And it does make me feel better to know that I am not the only one that has made this mistake. I know it has obviously happened to the author of this thread, Odin, and myself. Maybe if it is occurring frequently it is something that is being overlooked like I previously stated.
Sol
Forum Addict

turkey_junior wrote:Yes but one would hope that they would still have the ability to use the 18,020--> turn conversion. DMU is one of the main ways to grow in Ascended so you are putting yourself at a disadvantage not being able to get an extra set of turns every week or two. Yes you have all of that APP stored up, but it used to be that you could just push a button and get all of that APP converted instantly (hence why I pushed that button and lost 112b APP). And it does make me feel better to know that I am not the only one that has made this mistake. I know it has obviously happened to the author of this thread, Odin, and myself. Maybe if it is occurring frequently it is something that is being overlooked like I previously stated.
Well there is the choice, get turns or get LF. What you choose will depend on how active you are.
Why should new ascenders get both and old timers only get the turns? There are players who traded their APP for peanuts.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.

Return to “Ascended Bugs Archive”