Tournament 15: Deathmatch

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Tournament 15: Deathmatch

Some rules have changed, go read.

Also, the winner will choose the next tournament type, this will be soon automated under the guise that:
1. you can't choose the same tournament as the one you just played in.
2. if nothing is chosen within 3 days of winning, it gets automatically chosen for you.
3. it will automatically set the date of the next tourney from one week of you choosing it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Re: Tournament 15: Deathmatch

So we're looking at an almost endless stream of tourney's in the future? Awesome :D

Much as I love the idea of having my very own butcher, think imma sit this one out. Good luck folks!
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Glad to see a new tournament up, and I like the sound of more regular ones.

However, I'd still prefer a reward system that encouraged people to play and stick around, rather than just suiciding.

Even something as small as, say 500 AT for each 24 hours you remain alive and in the tournament.

At least in the plague tournament, everyone is guaranteed to get a little something for their time..

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Sol
Forum Addict

Some people don't just have the time to stick around and play, I can't force people to stay alive....encouraging them time based prizes probably wouldn't help much.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Let the games commence!!

Few players that added two accounts have been booted.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
IFLuX
Forum Elite

:smt060

So far so good :)
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
stratigize
Forum Regular
Alliance: None
ID: 1916975

Nice to see OE, helping each other out.

Came across an OE member who sold all his defense and trained all his planets to Assassins to be destroyed by another OE member... All for free planets, I guess that's a good strategy.

Lets see who got the most kills on planets, I got a very good amount hunting assassins
stratigize
Forum Regular
Alliance: None
ID: 1916975

Stratigize wrote:Nice to see OE, helping each other out.

Came across an OE member who sold all his defense and trained all his planets to Assassins to be destroyed by another OE member... All for free planets, I guess that's a good strategy.

Lets see who got the most kills on planets, I got a very good amount hunting assassins
Nice job getting the Units ETL.

Gonna be hard to beat you, with both those kills you've had, and the units you have recieved
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire
Race: Goa'uld

These tournaments are nigh impossible to win. TAF have it sown up.

Unless I stay up 24/7 then its impossible.

:smt010

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Harakash Maha Vishnu wrote:These tournaments are nigh impossible to win. TAF have it sown up.

Unless I stay up 24/7 then its impossible.

:smt010
Definitely not ours yet by a long shot. Plenty of accounts that are strong still left in and could win it.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Stratigize wrote:
Stratigize wrote:Nice to see OE, helping each other out.

Nice job getting the Units ETL.

Gonna be hard to beat you, with both those kills you've had, and the units you have recieved
he's already out :)

14:16:55 on 11th Oct ABC [the Legion] -- Tolah EnterTheLion [OE 2013] -- Tolah 43

Was surprised to see ETL took out Rie :'(
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Hard fought tournament. Good game everyone! It has been a pleasure to see it through. Just enough planets to mass Rambo and great teamwork by the TAF crew to keep it down when he logged on a very very angry powerful account.

Kills:
[spoiler]Super Attack Planets Destroyed 603,569,422
Defence Planets Destroyed 91,176,260
Super Defence Planets Destroyed 3,321,378,183
Covert Planets Destroyed 493,122,149
Assassin Planets Destroyed 1,281,620,210
Grand Total of Planets Slaughtered 21,490,656,644[/spoiler]

Losses:
[spoiler]Attack Planets Destroyed 0
Super Attack Planets Destroyed 1,014,478,652
Defence Planets Destroyed 0
Super Defence Planets Destroyed 368,073,689
Covert Planets Destroyed 138,011,000
Assassin Planets Destroyed 2,128,313,758
Grand Total of Planets Slaughtered 9,179,086,463[/spoiler]
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Well I've got to say, I had a lot of luck and a lot of fun that brought me to the end of this tournament. I could be wrong but I believe it's the first time i've made top 10.

Thanks everyone for making it fun.

A few highlights for me:
- Onliner with ABC, which I had to leave during and frantically trying to repair from my phone, whilst in the underground (I actually found some signal at waterloo station!).
- Logging in to find that Night Light had massed me to 1.2m supers, then the server had gone down (biggest luck ever). I promptly returned the favour.
- Little onliner with Caprila to use up our turns.
- Logging in to find that somehow Mathlord had brought down Rambo's huge defense, only for Rambo to come online and return fire and the others running low on turns. Luckily I had plenty left.

Look forward to next time.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

What is the next arena match....can it please be a team one :-D

Next time Norbe next time :smt043
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Well done Mathlord,
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.

Return to “Tournament Discussion”