Tournament 18: 1v1

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Tournament 18: 1v1

Here we go!
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
frans
Forum Grunt

Re: Tournament 18: 1v1

The timing of this one leaves me feeling a little uneasy. It is christmas, and the new year is upon us. I'll be going places, and I'll be seeing people. And also, it is snowing.

As you should all know, the holidays were originally invented as a way of tolerating snow. It may be at times hard to remember, with all the commercialization that has happened in recent years, but the original point still stands. We've had our "white christmas," and now it is time to clean up. It is time to prepare. It is war.
IFLuX
Forum Elite

increas reward to at least 20 Q . Otherwise is pretty pointless :) for those who will be at tier 2 or 3 :D
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Sol
Forum Addict

IFLuX wrote:increas reward to at least 20 Q . Otherwise is pretty pointless :) for those who will be at tier 2 or 3 :D
Then don't play or get better.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Regarding the start time on signup page.

How much notice will we get (roughly) from the start time, to the first match? Or will they be starting off at the 'start' time :-k

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Sol
Forum Addict

Caprila wrote:Regarding the start time on signup page.

How much notice will we get (roughly) from the start time, to the first match? Or will they be starting off at the 'start' time :-k
Everybody will get thrown in and matched up straight away, although the matches wont begin for 12-24 hrs
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Caprila

- Once you lose in a round you will only be able to grow in tiers between your tier and your tier +1 (i.e. if I lost 2 times against a player, and I'm on tier 3, I will only ever be able to
get a tier between 3-4, so 3.5, 3.75, 3.9, 3.9999999, but never passed 4.
This is gonna be a real problem tbh.

A lot of the matches were not determined by who was the most skillfull or resourceful player, but the one that was able to be online at the fixed start times.

If you aren't online to fight that first round and lose, you will never make it to tier 1. Even if you win every subsequent round, over the next 10-14 days (tier 0.9), you'll be capped at 27q reward.

Even with the 12 hour time difference to battle start times, its perfectly possible for people to miss both matches in a single round. That's not something you can 'get better' at.

I think the system during the beta would be a bit more fair. 0.5 tier increase per win after a loss. You won't catch up to the max tier, and your reward is going to suck, but with some luck and some skill, you might still get up to tier 2/3 and gain a better reward.

Sol
Forum Addict

Caprila wrote:
- Once you lose in a round you will only be able to grow in tiers between your tier and your tier +1 (i.e. if I lost 2 times against a player, and I'm on tier 3, I will only ever be able to
get a tier between 3-4, so 3.5, 3.75, 3.9, 3.9999999, but never passed 4.
This is gonna be a real problem tbh.

A lot of the matches were not determined by who was the most skillfull or resourceful player, but the one that was able to be online at the fixed start times.

If you aren't online to fight that first round and lose, you will never make it to tier 1. Even if you win every subsequent round, over the next 10-14 days (tier 0.9), you'll be capped at 27q reward.

Even with the 12 hour time difference to battle start times, its perfectly possible for people to miss both matches in a single round. That's not something you can 'get better' at.
Yes, yes and yes.
But then a maximum tier will never be found and I may as well make a 1v1 deathmatch style (everyone kills everyone over and over) and just say, 'it's gonna stop in 2 days and the winner will just be who has done the most kills, i.e. who has been online the longest'.
Skill will always fall short to activity because I can't make people get online - except of course if they spend the few days to figure out when they can both make the battle, but no one is really prepared to wait that long.

In short, I hope people will take a few TC's to just do the battle.
Caprila wrote: I think the system during the beta would be a bit more fair. 0.5 tier increase per win after a loss. You won't catch up to the max tier, and your reward is going to suck, but with some luck and some skill, you might still get up to tier 2/3 and gain a better reward.
Eh? The system never changed, people were always bounded if they lost.
Mmmm I could just do it so how much you go up in tier dimishes by how many times you lose, so everyone has the formula (if they win) next tier = current tier + 1/(1+losses)
so lost once means you can only gain a tier of 0.5, lost twice, a tier increase of 1/3 then 1/4, 1/5 etc.
the more times you lose the lesser tier you can gain when you win.
But it's too late now to change it, might do it for the next one, still though, won't really change much, if you lose because you're inactive then you will continue to lose.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

FTR the accounts you will start with:

100 mill super attack with weps
300 mil super def with 400 mill weps
1 bill cov
1 bill assass
1 bill income
1 bill untrained + bonus for crappy levels.
2k At's
500 t dmu
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Lord Sneed
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): Sneed

This may be a noob question, but I was wondering exactly how much of a covert defence boost does being on critical gain you. Perhaps someone can point me to a forum page that explains this and also explains how successful assassin missions and covert missions are calculated. Thanks.
Sol
Forum Addict

1.4 multiplier, ish, for crit, it follows a general form of 1+ realm alert level/10
So, for instance, if you successfully DM someone you will see their assass action and yours, your action must be > 1.4* theirs if they are on critical (for it to be successful), so you can obviously bring your assassin action down a bit until you reach that point, but then again they might have a lower realm alert to screw with you. (keeping in mind, what you see there is not with their realm alert applied, it's just raw assass).
Same thing is essentially applied to covert, 1.4 multiplier etc.
Some people do one or two alerts less than critical to screw with other players, making them send in a criticals worth to attack with but still keeping the much needed income.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Antz
Forum Regular
Race: Time Lord
ID: 21013

well sol, I've got to say, this tournament at least has given me two onliners already as opposed to the beta which were just offline massings.

=D>
Son of Mine wrote:He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing... the fury of the Time Lord... and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden. He was being kind...
Aisar Saqib
Forum Expert
Alliance: TF HC
Race: TF
ID: 1912374
Alternate name(s): ASJ, messenger of death,deadily knight,lord cyrus..

Not getting any resources for a while now... approx 12-13 hrs fix it sol plzz

Most Slaughters: 70 by ASJ

Trade feedback:
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=191582

SGW awards and past sigs:
Spoiler
ImageImage
Caprila

Aisar Saqib wrote:Not getting any resources for a while now... approx 12-13 hrs fix it sol plzz
Read the updates Asj :-$
Sol wrote:For the sake of boredom + fairness, I'll change it so they don't gain income or turns when they don't have a partner. Otherwise they should have an account to set up for another round.

Aisar Saqib
Forum Expert
Alliance: TF HC
Race: TF
ID: 1912374
Alternate name(s): ASJ, messenger of death,deadily knight,lord cyrus..

Sol wrote:
IFLuX wrote:increas reward to at least 20 Q . Otherwise is pretty pointless :) for those who will be at tier 2 or 3 :D
Then don't play or get better.
fix the DM calculation.. plzz. me and some other players are facing that problem... or see if my acct is bugged..

Most Slaughters: 70 by ASJ

Trade feedback:
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=191582

SGW awards and past sigs:
Spoiler
ImageImage

Return to “Tournament Discussion”