Planet Retribution Device

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp
ID: 0

You have worked hard to get all the planets in your solar system under your rule and each planet pays homage to your home world. However on one dark eve an invader enters your solar system with one goal on their mind...to steal one of your planets away and to drift the planet into their own solar system.

Your attempts to re-take the planet have failed and the enemy has phase shifted the planet to avoid you from taking it within the future however you have one final last resort which you hoped that you would never have to use. Hidden deep within the stolen planet rests a nuclear warhead which may only be set off by its former master.

However you only have 30 days to active this nuclear warhead before it shifts to far from the signal of your long distance transmitters.
What will you do?....

------------------------------------------

1) only one nuclear war head per planet
2) you only have 30 days to activate it after it has been stolen
3) after the 30 days it rusts away or is found by the new owner (device either is destroyed or new owner now controls the warhead).
4) If the former master activates the war head it removes 1/4 of the planets stats (after the adjustment of stats from being stolen)
5) Cost of warhead...maybe 25tril?

--------------------------------------------

Literally just thought about this and posted, rather rough idea but open to suggestions and idea's, would love to hear what you all think?
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Re: Planet Retribution Device

aww... I wanted to make the planet not a planet anymore!
Good idea tho.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

I like this suggestion. It's not that I mind the simplicity of SGW but a little spice or X factor would be nice sometimes.

Get them to code us up some trojan horse planets as well Odin. They are stuffed with space ninjas from your most trusted personal royal guard. You would be able to view the bank balance and trade log screen of the planet thief :D Limit 1 trojan just like triple hehehehe

Oh....the potential joy that could come from space ninjas and warheads.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

So wait 30 days before building anything on a stolen planet? :D
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

On a standard planet take, activity > solves all problems. You've got 12 hours to take it back before merlins takes effects.

However !

Should you be so unlucky as to lose 2+ planets in a single day you're left with very little recourse. Those that lose more than 2 duals from a missed merlin, can't even attempt to reclaim them until the next month (due to 2 dual takes per month, no?)

Presuming you retake one of your stolen planets, what do you do about the others? I am guessing this is where 'retaliation' would come in. You might not be able to retake the others, but you can screw things up a bit for your enemy.

Its an interesting idea for sure :)

Since duals and triples would be the obvious targets on these devices, you might want to think about whether a warhead would affect 1 random stat, or all.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
~Odin~
Alföðr

Loki™ wrote:So wait 30 days before building anything on a stolen planet? :D
If this was to come into effect then yes it is the wise move, we can change it to 60-90 days however i figured if i said that people would say thats to much and wouldn't stop complaining till 30 days was mentioned lol.

What do you think of the idea loki?

----------------------------------------------------

@caprila

The warhead would effect the entire planet as the warhead is placed at the core of the planet all stats are effected no matter if it is a dual or a triple. My idea for this is that you can activate the nuke on a planet of yours that is stolen at any time during the 30 or so days that the nuke is within reach of your home worlds long distant telecommunications (aka the day limit we put on the effect of the nukes 30-90days)
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
Spoiler
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Whats to stop an **Filtered** who sold a planet from detonating it for the lulz?
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
~Odin~
Alföðr

Kikaz wrote:Whats to stop an **Filtered** who sold a planet from detonating it for the lulz?
Very good point kikaz, Well that is something I could use some input in. As I said I literally posted up the moment I thought about it so I had not thought of every outcome.

Maybe there could be an indicator on it to inform the owner new/old that there is a nuke on board. If selling a planet you would have to disengage a nuke (sell it). It also adds a little bit of rick to the market in the sense that you should pay more attention to the people you trade and buy from?

Open to all suggestions that could help with this idea ^_^
Spoiler
Loki™
Forum Elder
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

~Odin~ #51 wrote:
Loki™ wrote:So wait 30 days before building anything on a stolen planet? :D
If this was to come into effect then yes it is the wise move, we can change it to 60-90 days however i figured if i said that people would say thats to much and wouldn't stop complaining till 30 days was mentioned lol.

What do you think of the idea loki?

----------------------------------------------------

@caprila

The warhead would effect the entire planet as the warhead is placed at the core of the planet all stats are effected no matter if it is a dual or a triple. My idea for this is that you can activate the nuke on a planet of yours that is stolen at any time during the 30 or so days that the nuke is within reach of your home worlds long distant telecommunications (aka the day limit we put on the effect of the nukes 30-90days)
Not sure what to think. I'd definitely put one on all my planets and detonate them 29 days after they've been taken.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
KOS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TAF
Race: Bender
ID: 1918344

lol! planets get passed around so much that most likely you will detonate it while your own alliance has it lol
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
~Odin~
Alföðr

KOS wrote:lol! planets get passed around so much that most likely you will detonate it while your own alliance has it lol
Thats why you use beacons to find out exactly where it is.
Spoiler
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

I like this idea. And if its sold you expect the old owner to have sold the warhead to get (majority of naq back?) vs just loosing the 25t or what it would take to make it.

If its a high enough amount the seller would probably want all the naq for it as possible.

And if you buy it and it explodes.... we have vendetta corner. :smt047
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
~Odin~
Alföðr

Master Rahl wrote:I like this idea. And if its sold you expect the old owner to have sold the warhead to get (majority of naq back?) vs just loosing the 25t or what it would take to make it.

If its a high enough amount the seller would probably want all the naq for it as possible.

And if you buy it and it explodes.... we have vendetta corner. :smt047
I had this idea this morning! ^_^ great minds think alike good sir!
Spoiler
Oriharukon
Forum Newbie
ID: 19080

I really like the implications of this idea and how it changes the meta of the game. I propose that it needs to be more damaging, say at least 1/2 of the planet's production and/or also damaging a near-by planet, floating debris in space is pretty nasty. That would cause people to think twice to take planets during war... [-X
I do really like the trojan idea, either providing intel for the first few days after assimilation or providing a bonus to attacking the empire for a few days, maybe even automatically damaging other planets before it can be abandoned.
slx
Forum Irregular
Race: Sith

Another idea is make the nuke benefit the controler. Make Multiple types of nukes that affect the planet some how.The effect would be coused by radiation from nuke. Make one that gives 10% def bonus and other ones for each of the five stats. like 10% income,up,covert boost, 5% attack,def boost. Make each type cost differently and of course you would have to correspond the nukes bonus attribute to the correct attribute to revive bonus. EX: Income planet with covert nuke no bonus given.

plus u could make the nukes with diffrent % of stat destruction when detonated. Make the ones that will be abused/used more like up/income have a lower stat decreases when detonated where less used planets as def att cov would have a higher % of stat destruction

Idk it was the first thing that poped in my head and it sounded decent.
NAQ SOLD TO DATE: 15 quad
UU SOLD TO DATE:2.3 trill
ACCOUNTS SOLD for $$$ TO DATE: 5
ACCOUNTS SOLD FOR RESOURCES TO DATE: 8

Trade Feedback

Spoiler
Image[ Image

Return to “Game Suggestions”