show the time

should we know what time it is in the game?

yes
76%
no
6%
don't care for time
18%

Total votes: 17
myFriend
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

show the time

is there a chance that we could see what the actual time is in the game. in the attack logs it says when they attacked but there is know way to know what time zone the time is in so, i sugest just sticking a clock in some place that uses the some time as the attack and messeging logs.
I am dyslexic and i did do spell check. sarry for the type-o's

i will face my fears and let them past though me; we live we die... but not in vain; OO for cying out loud; Sir with all disrespect, I don't give a dam
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

it's pacific time, GMT -8

my timezone, so i can tell...

(it's also the default forum timezone, except forum does not allow for daylight savings)

i haven't actually double checked ingame, but i know forum is same timezone as me so it's logical that he'd program it in his timezone...

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Brigon
Fledgling Forumer

this would just be something else cluttering up the windows
what point would it really serve?
I want my tombstone to read 'brb'
Replisean
Fledgling Forumer

this is a valid point, i somtimes spy on someone just so i can work out what time they attacked me or whatever, GMT -8 im guessing thats forums local time as he is candian, although it probabley be a waste of time to implement but maybe when you register for the future maybe you should be able to input your local time zone so that the game time revolves around you, which i know is a bit selfish but it would be useful in some aspects.
myFriend
Fledgling Forumer

brigon wrote:this would just be something else cluttering up the windows
what point would it really serve?
well each time i get attacked the only way to find out when it hapend is to have a point of refrence. think of it this way your out on mars and some one tells you there 100 years old. now is that 100 earth years are mars years or are they from some othere planet

and no it would not be cluttering up the page if its poot right under were it says how many people are playing.

i will face my fears and let them past though me; we live we die... but not in vain; OO for cying out loud; Sir with all disrespect, I don't give a dam
Brigon
Fledgling Forumer

how about adding a calculator too so you can figure out how much you need to buy servral weps, mercs, or to train units?
it can put right below the new clock

edit:sorry if that came out a bit ...well...anyway

i dont see this as necessary. if you have a clock handy(dont know what os your run but windows has a little clock in the bottom right corner) just do a little math. i live on the east coast so the game time is 3 hrs behind me. no need to distract Forum from his work :wink:
Last edited by Brigon on Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris M
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 13122

not that its a big deal, but i'd like to see it in my time.
or at least a clock so i can work it out!!
RETIRED
NoDot
Forum Irregular

A clock would be most easily added to a stand-alone program.
Trade Feedback Thread for NoDot
You recieved 980 Naquadriah in exchange for 490,000 Units!
Don't! Just...don't!
Owen
Forum Irregular

why don't you just send yourself a message and check the time, and about the calculator....don't you have one one your computer? i know people have older computers than me but mine's from 2000 and it's got a calculator on it.
Lord Kaiti
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The System Lord Alliance
Race: Goa'uld

or how about an option when you regsiter and when old players want to, go to the options page (where you canchange your name or pass etc) and set the time zone realtive to your own...
General Ryan
Forum Newbie

Lazy people. Just figure it out on your own. Its simple to do.
Look into my eyes and see my soul
Look into my soul and see my purpose
Examine my purpose and witness something bad
Witness your own demise
Brigon
Fledgling Forumer

owen9292 wrote:why don't you just send yourself a message and check the time, and about the calculator....don't you have one one your computer? i know people have older computers than me but mine's from 2000 and it's got a calculator on it.

most computers have clocks too :P
myFriend
Fledgling Forumer

yes i know computers of clocks but did you know that cpu time and our time are not the same and in the game when the server gets slowed down or flooded the game time WILL change and you can no longer use the time that your watch or cell phone says.

ever notice before the new server the counter would say 0 when it was 15 after 1. its cuz in the game (and the code) think only 30 mins have passed, yes the time is better but its still off and i am sick of haveing to attack/spy on some one to find out what the game time is.

_Predator_
Forum Irregular

wow i love the idea of a clock. it is so annoying when i get attacked and can not see what time it happened. I vote YES.
I got banned...well now isnt that nice :)
NoDot
Forum Irregular

How about a Universal Game Time for Stargate Wars? Instead of using the normal time, we use a special time definition designed for Stargate Wars.
Trade Feedback Thread for NoDot
You recieved 980 Naquadriah in exchange for 490,000 Units!
Don't! Just...don't!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”