SAB INCREASE SOON !?!

~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

SAB INCREASE SOON !?!

Looks like sleipnir is gettin his way, it sais race changin and sabbing are bein changed on the comander screen, finally
Brigon
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

i wonder if its gonna follow sleipnirs model though
I want my tombstone to read 'brb'
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

If he doesn't it can only be better

he wouldn't make it any worse coz there is no point

a great idea sleipnir had so it can only be better
justbegladnow
Forum Newbie

such faith

This is a very poor choice: changing the effective strategies of players after they've already been implemented for months, damaging the balance of the races by providing the Reps with yet another free benefit, and finally providing more power to those who have cheated to buy a huge covert ranking.
APMT Treaty Diplomat
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

Re: such faith

justbegladnow wrote:This is a very poor choice: changing the effective strategies of players after they've already been implemented for months, damaging the balance of the races by providing the Reps with yet another free benefit,
that would be their first 1 if they even get another

justbegladnow wrote: and finally providing more power to those who have a huge covert ranking.

YEAH

GREAT EHH :-D
Last edited by ~Phoenix~ on Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Brigon
Fledgling Forumer

stragegies have to change?
so what?
if you're doing the same thing over and over it gets kinda boring after awhile.

maybe with the upgrades ill pay more attention to my covert rather then viewing it simply as a means to see what people have laying out
I want my tombstone to read 'brb'
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

justbegladnow wrote:This is a very poor choice: changing the effective strategies of players after they've already been implemented for months, damaging the balance of the races by providing the Reps with yet another free benefit, and finally providing more power to those who have cheated to buy a huge covert ranking.

Damn, I've never seen a more sarcastic name.

Replicators free benefit? I believe this is only fair with regards to what they are promised - 25% spy bonus.

I am probably one of the people with the long term strategies to be hit but I see this as a very necessary and fair update.

J.G.G.
but not J.G.G.
Revolutionary
NoDot
Forum Irregular

May I ask what time (GMT-5) the upgrade will commence at?
Trade Feedback Thread for NoDot
You recieved 980 Naquadriah in exchange for 490,000 Units!
Don't! Just...don't!
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

justbegladnow wrote:This is a very poor choice: changing the effective strategies of players after they've already been implemented for months, damaging the balance of the races by providing the Reps with yet another free benefit, and finally providing more power to those who have cheated to buy a huge covert ranking.

Thats exactly why the galactic warning was spread. So people can at least prepare as best they can. The only strategy thats in danger is the one of buying tons of weapons and no covert levels. That's easily fixed, sell the weapons, buy covert and you'll be fine.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
_Predator_
Forum Irregular

sorry but wht is actually happening to the covert levels then????
I got banned...well now isnt that nice :)
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

I agree that the reps deserve another bonus
I agree with brigon doing the same thing over and over gets quite tiresome
I don't like the idea of more sab the people that abused the spy bug to get high levels will have a lot of beniftis now but i think it would be kind of fun to try out a new way to play

Avatar And Banner Created by BAHAMUT SGWs Number one Graphic designer.
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

ANGER FREAK wrote:sorry but wht is actually happening to the covert levels then????

Nothing so much is being done to the covert levels, but the sabotage system is being revamped. The maximum amount of damage possible through sabotage will soon be proportional to the total weapon strength of the target. Previously you could only sab one (top strength) weapon at a time. Soon, if the target has millions of (top strength) weapons, you can sab more than one (top strength) weapon. There is a certain percentage of the opponents total power that you can sabotage, X%, and this can be done a certain amount of times a day.

J.G.G.
don't wanna give away all the details
Revolutionary
Lakrimo
Forum Newbie

This is crazy, with increased sab those with high unit prod and spy lvl will obliterate lower level players. This update is going to punish players who spend weeks saving and constructing weaps while giving rich players yet another benefit to keep them on top. As far as rep benefits r concerned maybe they should b able to make spies from mercs or cheaper spy training.
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Lakrimo wrote:This is crazy, with increased sab those with high unit prod and spy lvl will obliterate lower level players.

Not true, it will have relatively the same effect on 'big' and 'small' players.

Lakrimo wrote:This update is going to punish players who spend weeks saving and constructing weaps while giving rich players yet another benefit to keep them on top.

It will punish those who neglect certain areas of the game, in this instance covert, and for those who make risky plays and build inproportionately large armouries.

Lakrimo wrote:As far as rep benefits r concerned maybe they should b able to make spies from mercs or cheaper spy training.

Maybe they could, but maybe we could see if this works as well?

J.G.G.
haven't slept in over 48 hours (Bauer ain't got nothing on me) so please, forgive anything that doesn't make sense... starting to get a little bit tired[/quote]
Revolutionary
_Predator_
Forum Irregular

Myy covert is really crap though. Thanks for the warning. :smt067 :smt072 :smt071 :smt117
I got banned...well now isnt that nice :)

Return to “Suggestions Archive”