Fighter, Bombers, and Motherships - United or Divided?

NoDot
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Fighter, Bombers, and Motherships - United or Divided?

OK, I've been keeping an eye on the "Motherships" thread, but something has been bugging me: should fighters (F-302, Death Glider) and bombers (Al'kesh) be included as part of this whole package with Motherships, or should they be like they are now, weapons and siege upgrades.

OK, start the debate!
(Rational comments only: I don't want people talking about how much they want a giant fleet of ships. There's the "Motherships" thread and the three general sections for that.)
Trade Feedback Thread for NoDot
You recieved 980 Naquadriah in exchange for 490,000 Units!
Don't! Just...don't!
TheoX
Fledgling Forumer

well it depends know how many gliders can fit into a mother ship and how many bombers also
"In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of insanity
look to the madman to show the way"
NoDot
Forum Irregular

Bump!

Any more comments?
Don't! Just...don't!
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

there are like 12-24 gliders to a mothership. But i think there should only one mothership and it has to be unique in all ways, something that i want to be on the ascended server.
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

I think that we should all be able to buy as many motherships as we want BUT, we can of coarse upgrade them BUt, we have the choice to make 1 of them our Flag Ship, this ship will be made stronger than the rest and need more troops to operate it and can of coarse hold more death gliders and alkesh´s than a normal mothership

it takes less casulties and less damage due to being protected by th other ships if any

also as it is our flag ship we can then have the choie to upgrade the weapons on it to say... big cannons

but once we reasign the flag ship title it loses al of it advancements so we can only upgrade 1 ship at a time

comments ?
NoDot
Forum Irregular

Gala wrote:I think that we should all be able to buy as many motherships as we want BUT, we can of coarse upgrade them BUt, we have the choice to make 1 of them our Flag Ship, this ship will be made stronger than the rest and need more troops to operate it

it takes less casulties and less damage due to being protected by th other ships if any

also as it is our flag ship we can then have the choie to upgrade the weapons on it to say... big cannons

but once we reasign the flag ship title it loses al of it advancements so we can only upgrade 1 ship at a time

comments ?
Sounds interesting. Back to the topic?
Don't! Just...don't!
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

NoDot wrote:
Gala wrote:I think that we should all be able to buy as many motherships as we want BUT, we can of coarse upgrade them BUt, we have the choice to make 1 of them our Flag Ship, this ship will be made stronger than the rest and need more troops to operate it

comments ?
Sounds interesting. Back to the topic?

Yes sorry LOL

I sorta was meant to say that about 15 death gliders could fit into a mothership unless it was made a flagship then it could hold about 20

and the same basis for the alkesh
NoDot
Forum Irregular

BUMP!

Any solid yes/no answers and their reasoning, or is this thread just going to die?
Don't! Just...don't!
Saturnine
Forum Regular
Race: Goauld
ID: 9570

I will contribute this:

Lets say the "one man" ships like the death gliders and alkesh bombers be incorperated to not only fit into the Fleetships as the "firepower", but also purchased by realms as DEFENSE ONLY weapons?

When you think about it, why would I use the invisible technology to hit a ship in the air? If were making the fleetships outlandishly costly its only fair the lower players have defenses against them: Smaller vessels are the answer.

So to answer the original question: Throw out ALL ship related seige/fort names. There is too much promise in incorperating motherships and they would naturally clash. Call them something else when the fleet tech arives.
Lord Sept
Forum Spammer

there should be but us asgaRD only have one type of ship mouther ships what would we do
Saturnine
Forum Regular

[quote="tom7126"]there should be but us asgaRD only have one type of ship mouther ships what would we do[/quotte]

Were gonna have to put our heads together.

Jack O neill mothership, Beliskner.

Personal pod?
Asgard freighter class?
Asgard Space Facility?
Asteroid Harvester?
Solar Sail Barge?

I could go on and on with Goauld, but I'm at a loss with Asgard for ideas.
Lord Sept
Forum Spammer

see i don't mind if we get jack'Onell mouther ships but what about the tari thay have 2 ships
Saturnine
Forum Regular

tom7126 wrote:see i don't mind if we get jack'Onell mouther ships but what about the tari thay have 2 ships

Retrofitted deathglider
Tollan Freight Vessel
puddlejumper
Hebberdanian cruiser
Stolen WraithDart
Aurora (Ancient battlecruiser in Atlantis Season 2)

Just give them the ability to steal ships too (the Tauri)!! That would be a good unique tech to look out for, thats how they did it in the show!
Lord Sept
Forum Spammer

no that should be the repilcater tecnoladge
NoDot
Forum Irregular

tom7126 wrote:no that should be the repilcater tecnoladge
At what? Take 0.5% (for least powerful) to 0.05% (for most powerful) of the enemy ships 25% of the time? Sounds good to me. :)
Don't! Just...don't!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”