If you were...

All Tauri and Tollan discussion
Spacey
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

If you were...

If you were actually a Stargate SG-X* officer and you were stuck on a deserted island with a Goa'uld, Replicator, and Asgard and you could have any five items what would they be? What purposes would they be for? How would it help you and the other races survive?

Rules:
- you can't bring anything to kill another race; all members must survive
- you must interact with each race at least once a day; you can only communicate with those on the island, and no one can get there(ie. no ancients can pay you a visit)
- you are stuck, period. No transporting yourself/other members off, or becoming and ancient, etc. It is not possible for anyone or anything to reach you or anyone else on the island
- you can pick any SG team(seen below), if speciality is unknown or unsepcified you may assign it to yourself(therefore your explaination), and may be different for another person
- you must be Tauri; since there aren't any Tollan SG members they aren't included
- you can add anything else you wish to include about the description of what you would bring, how to use it, why to bring it, etc. that falls outside the scope of the questions posted above, as long as it is within the rules posted here and on the forum
- you don't have to bring five items, if you wish to bring less, you are allowed; you cannot bring more than five items; items like russian dolls count as one item for each part(ie. if there are four other dolls inside one larger one it counts as five)
- items must exist in real life or in the Stargate SG-X universe; Atlantis and it's universe(items, tech, members, etc) is not included becasue they haven't really posted the different team distinctions and the SGW game doesn't include Atlantis

EDIT
- there is no power on the island, if you bring electronic equipment, somehow magically it work longer than it should but does not last forever
- you must be able to survive for at least two month
- there is drinkable water and other food(meat on island, fish in water); there is no fire or anything to cook with

*SG-1: Exploratory alpha team
Military team originally led by Col. Jack O'Neill(promoted to Stargate Command, and then further on), then Lt. Col. Sam Carter, and finally Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell. Has a research component with Dr. Daniel Jackson.
* SG-2: Research
Formerly designated Military, was originally led by Maj. Charles Kawalsky (killed in action), later by Maj. Louis Ferretti; as a Research unit, it is led by Maj. Hank Griff
* SG-3: Marine Combat (Alpha)
Originally led by Col. Robert Makepeace; later by Maj. Lawrence; and still later by Col. Reynolds, currently of SG-5
* SG-4: Medical
Formerly the Russian SG team. As a Medical unit, originally led by Lt. Barber (killed in action)
* SG-5: Marine Combat (Beta)
Led by Maj. Davis
* SG-7: Scientific
* SG-8
Formerly a Medical team; current specialty unknown
* SG-9: Diplomatic
Originally led by Capt. Hansen (killed in action), later by Maj. Stan Kovacek, still later by Maj. Benton (killed in action)
* SG-10: Military
* SG-11: Archeological (Alpha)
Formerly designated as Engineering, when originally led by Maj. Hawkins (killed in action), and later by Capt. Connor (killed in action); as Archaelogical, led by Col. Edwards
* SG-12: Military
* SG-13: Survey
Col. Dave Dixon leads this team, which consists of civilian archeologist Cameron Balinsky and senior airmen Simon Wells and Jake Bosworth
* SG-16: Exploration (Beta)
Formerly led by Col. Reynolds, later of SG-3 and currently SG-5
* SG-17: Archaeological (Beta)
Originally led by Maj. Mansfield (killed in action); included Lt. Elliot (killed in action)
*excerpted from http://www.scifi.com/stargate/about/tech/index.html

K
Last edited by Spacey on Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
*~Starry~*
Forum Addict

I choose SG-1 team cause they've got personality

I would bring a whole bunch of non-perishable food... enough to last a couple thousand centuries (to eat)

enough drinkable water to last a few millenia (for drinking)

a ship with enought power supply to last a couple thousand years (for plugging in)

vidoe games (have have intrarace competitions)

compy with internet (to log in to SGW and bank :P )

~starry
(don't kill me... please)
Spacey
Forum Zombie

Each package of food, starry, counts as one item.

K
*~Starry~*
Forum Addict

:shock: then I have one really really huge pakage of variety foods... :shock:

~starry :P
Spacey
Forum Zombie

starry wrote:then I have one really really huge pakage of variety foods

Remember the rule though. It has to actually exist in real life of the Stargate SG-X universe. I haven't seen a package of food that big in real life of the SG universe that would comply with that rule, and surviving for months.

Spacey wrote:items must exist in real life or in the Stargate SG-X universe; Atlantis and it's universe(items, tech, members, etc) is not included becasue they haven't really posted the different team distinctions and the SGW game doesn't include Atlantis

If you only want to bring one thing fine by me. Would you spend your days and nights eating? You should think about liposuction too then... :wink:

K
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

before i answer could u please state the conditions involved?

is there a source of water? is it drinkable? are there plants, are they eadible? stuff like that
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
*~Starry~*
Forum Addict

true... if there was food and water already I wouldn't have to bring food and water...

I can brink a plasma tv... or bb-guns.(so I wouldn't kill the other races by accident)

and I did bring 5 things

1. a large... huge...enormous package of food. (I sure it exists somwhere)

2. enough drinkable water to last a few millenia (for drinking)

3. a ship with enought power supply to last a couple thousand years (for plugging in)

4. vidoe games (have have intrarace competitions)

5. compy with internet (to log in to SGW and bank )

~starry :-D
Spacey
Forum Zombie

sgt.johnkeel wrote:before i answer could u please state the conditions involved?

is there a source of water? is it drinkable? are there plants, are they eadible? stuff like that

You post and it's request has intrigued me, I guess I'll add some more conditions to the main rules in the hopes of getting this off the ground.

Let's say there is a source of water(drinkable) and other food on the island(meat on island, fish in the water) enough that you could survive without worrying about it when you are there. There is no fire.

starry wrote:I can brink a plasma tv
and I did bring 5 things
a large... huge...enormous package of food. (I sure it exists somwhere)
enough drinkable water to last a few millenia (for drinking)
a ship with enought power supply to last a couple thousand years (for plugging in)
vidoe games (have have intrarace competitions)
compy with internet (to log in to SGW and bank )

1.) Supposing a big package of food exists is not good enough. It must exist. If you haven't seen it, and not proof of it exists, it does not count. Same thing for the drinking water, and the ship. If you haven't seen people with packages of water large enough or a ship that can exist, in real life or the SG universe, to last for millenia it does not count.
2.) Video games is plural, hence the 's', which means more than one, which changes your total
3.) If there is no means to communicating with the outside world, you can't log onto the internet, can you?

This really isn't that complicated starry, please don't make it like that.

K
Last edited by Spacey on Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[TA] Triplette2
Forum Newbie

I would bring a generator that works by hydro electricity so that I can always have power

then I would bring my iPod to listen to my tunes :twisted:

then I would bring a my computer to bank *like starry lol*

next comes hunting knifes to go huntin' :-D

finnaly, a football to see if asgard can play sports :twisted:

*I wouldn't KILL the little fella, I love the asgard lol, I've just always wondered how they were able to build the first machines that latter built there big ships lol. *probably those FIRST asgard that looked kinda like people before they started genetically altering them selfs and thus making them so small lol*

As for other entertainment, it's already taken care of :twisted: ...THERES A REPLICATOR THERE! I can play with legos, and it won't kill him cuz every time I'm done, he can just rebuild him self, so thats weeks of entertainment right there :twisted:
Don't do drugs
God I'm drunk
Get a job hippy
Sacrifice a goat
*~Starry~*
Forum Addict

:shock:

and I'm sure that wouldn't war... the repli would be happy to serve as your entertainment... :?

fine... if you want it that way... :?

1) I would bring one of those sgw discs that stores tons of info on them full of games.

2) one of those hand held compies that can translate languages and play games in it :-D

3) server to set up my own SGW site so everyone on the island can play for domination and prove once and for all which is the best race (Asgard/ancient of course)

4) fishing rod that doubles as a lighter with bait in it's storage compartment (yes i have seen those... infact, anyone can make them)

5) taser gun to shoot game ( and once we're out of deer... hehe)
[TA] Triplette2
Forum Newbie

starry wrote::shock:
5) taser gun to shoot game ( and once we're out of deer... hehe)

roflmao
Don't do drugs
God I'm drunk
Get a job hippy
Sacrifice a goat
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower

a few more questions!

what kind of landscape is there and what kind of plants are there

ie are there lots of trees?

if there are lots of trees all i would really need is:

1) A leatherman/swiss army knife, preferably leatherman
2) some flint (assuming there is none)
3) A shovel not necesary yet useful for digging trenches for defenses and planting food an stuff.
4) A large - say 20m by 20m - solar panel
5) My PC

lol only the first two are actually necessary
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
Adnihilo
Forum Addict
Alliance: alliance of unallined people
Race: fearless wretch
ID: 666

SG-13: Survey cause it survey and would probibly easily lern about there suroundings

zat: happy hunting
fishing rod :happy fishing
solar cooker:you know those things you leave in the sun and it cooks whatever inside
machiety(yes i know its misspelt): happy cuting (maby not only trees either :twisted: )

jeez 4. just need one more :-k

oh an aluminium water bottle

wow well you could go long on those i think :P
intelligence is a tool
insanities a way to use it
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower

nah all u need is a knife and a flint
Speaking as a Mod
Adnihilo
Forum Addict
Alliance: alliance of unallined people
Race: fearless wretch
ID: 666

Spacey wrote:there is no fire
:P i just assume he means no fire at all
intelligence is a tool
insanities a way to use it

Return to “Tauri/ Tollan”