All Asgard and Ancient Discussion
Development
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Devil's Rejects
Race: Ancient
ID: 95255

Newbie :)

Hi :)

Quite new to stargatewars, been playing as Asgard for a few weeks now. I'm rank 3,682 so it's going okay so far..

Does anyone have any tips on what to put all my Unit Production into? I can't decide between spies, attack/defence or miners. I only have 2,000 (245) of the miners(lifers) so far, but it seems pretty pointless upgrading it since I barely get any naquadah from it. And I noticed in the other thread that some people had around 6 million of them :O There's no way I can get that many.. even if I could it would be a waste when I ascend, right?

So should I ignore the miners for now?

Grand Admiral Martin
Forum Expert
Alliance: I serve only myself.
Race: Ascended Irish
ID: 33984

inogre them until you have a sizable defence, many newbs joined my alliance and put in 200k miners with 100 or 200 mil def, get a good commander and work on stats first.
Avenging Angel
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

When you ascend, you keep all your lifers. While having a few 100's of miners/lifers doesn't give you a lot of naq, having thousands or millions earn you a great deal (and additionally, you get an income bonus once you ascend, increasing the amount of naq you get). You'll be surprised how quickly you can grow with a good CO helping you out.

Miners also allow you to "store" uu (untrained units) in a safe form. Miners cannot be stolen or killed by an enemy. If needed, you can untrain a few miners when required to boost other stats.

If you want a CO, I'll happily be one. I can help you out with tips, and I can give you a good resource boost to help you build up. Additionally, I'm an Asgard, and I plan to ascend soon, so I can give you Asgard specific help :-)

Just look up Avenging Angel in game, and click on the "Make this user my commander" button. :-)

EDIT: I just looked you up and saw you have a CO, well the offer is there if you want it :P

You have a very impressive account, though I would recommend putting more units into mining. I would also untrain your anti-covert and put them into covert. Anti-covert is only used to kill enemy spies (which you only really do if you are at war). Having a high covert means less people can spy on you/see your army size/naq.
Due to new security restrictions, thermonuclear warheads and nail clippers are no longer permitted as carry on baggage!
Development
Forum Newbie

Emperor Martin wrote:inogre them until you have a sizable defence, many newbs joined my alliance and put in 200k miners with 100 or 200 mil def, get a good commander and work on stats first.

Woah, unless I'm understanding this wrong.. I don't even have 200 thousand to put into miners! I have around 50 thousand guys :-)

Avenging Angel wrote:When you ascend, you keep all your lifers. While having a few 100's of miners/lifers doesn't give you a lot of naq, having thousands or millions earn you a great deal (and additionally, you get an income bonus once you ascend, increasing the amount of naq you get). You'll be surprised how quickly you can grow with a good CO helping you out.

Miners also allow you to "store" uu (untrained units) in a safe form. Miners cannot be stolen or killed by an enemy. If needed, you can untrain a few miners when required to boost other stats.

If you want a CO, I'll happily be one. I can help you out with tips, and I can give you a good resource boost to help you build up. Additionally, I'm an Asgard, and I plan to ascend soon, so I can give you Asgard specific help :-)

Just look up Avenging Angel in game, and click on the "Make this user my commander" button. :-)

EDIT: I just looked you up and saw you have a CO, well the offer is there if you want it :P

You have a very impressive account, though I would recommend putting more units into mining. I would also untrain your anti-covert and put them into covert. Anti-covert is only used to kill enemy spies (which you only really do if you are at war). Having a high covert means less people can spy on you/see your army size/naq.

Okay, I'll get rid of anti-covert and boost my covert :) Hmm can you explain the whole miners/lifers thing to me? I know they increase my naquadah production per turn, and that I lose all miners when I ascend. What do the lifers do and what happens to them when I ascend?

Thanks for the offer but I have a commander :D He's having some problems just now because someone completely wiped out all his defences and stole his planets. xD
Rodregeus
Fledgling Forumer

you can untrain all your miners and spies etc and send them to someone just before you ascend so you dont lose them.

and for now work on income and a defence to hold it, and unit prodeuction mostly, that will allow for faster growth, and if you can, try and raid.
Epic wrote:This can only be settled one way.......

A dance off.
Grand Admiral Martin
Forum Expert
Alliance: I serve only myself.
Race: Ascended Irish
ID: 33984

Ægir wrote:
Emperor Martin wrote:inogre them until you have a sizable defence, many newbs joined my alliance and put in 200k miners with 100 or 200 mil def, get a good commander and work on stats first.

Woah, unless I'm understanding this wrong.. I don't even have 200 thousand to put into miners! I have around 50 thousand guys :-)

i just used the newbs in my alliance to show what not to do
AncientAnubis
Forum Elite
Race: System Lord

Re: Newbie :)

Ægir wrote:Hi :)

Quite new to stargatewars, been playing as Asgard for a few weeks now. I'm rank 3,682 so it's going okay so far..

Does anyone have any tips on what to put all my Unit Production into? I can't decide between spies, attack/defence or miners. I only have 2,000 (245) of the miners(lifers) so far, but it seems pretty pointless upgrading it since I barely get any naquadah from it. And I noticed in the other thread that some people had around 6 million of them :O There's no way I can get that many.. even if I could it would be a waste when I ascend, right?

So should I ignore the miners for now?

No. I have over 8 million of them, and gotta say they work well. Just make sure you have enough defense to hold it.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

two key fundamentals to growth. firstly: Unit production. secondly: miners/lifers.

the only differance between miners and lifers, is that lifers don't go with you when you ascend and cannot be untrained.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Development
Forum Newbie

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to upgrade my Unit Production and Miners/Lifers like crazy, and focus on defence.. that way, hopefully I won't have to attack anyone. I've already been attacked by a few top 500 players for attacking their officers (At least I think that's why.. they didn't give a reason) And someone recently sabotaged my attack weapons :x

I'd rather get my money from my lifers than risk getting owned any more :P
*~Starry~*
Forum Addict

:lol: just attack ostracized people or lower ranked ppl without scary COs...^.^

anyways...even if you get your income by producing it yourself... people will still farm you if you have a high income...so... either way...^.^

~starry
Adnihilo
Forum Addict
Alliance: alliance of unallined people
Race: fearless wretch
ID: 666

pah :x

growth ideas, get miners and learn to raid :-D

and defence never hurts (unless its not yours :lol: )
intelligence is a tool
insanities a way to use it
AncientAnubis
Forum Elite

starry wrote::lol: just attack ostracized people or lower ranked ppl without scary COs...^.^

anyways...even if you get your income by producing it yourself... people will still farm you if you have a high income...so... either way...^.^

~starry

Or he could grab himself a scary CO and have that little problem neutralized. :)
Bad Wolf
The Man Behind the Curtain

Get in with a good group of mates, get out there, make allies. Get a Commander and try and get into an alliance.

BW
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

U want to grow fast>?

Riad
Avenging Angel
Forum Newbie

[SGC_ReplicÅtors] wrote:U want to grow fast>?

Raid

Right on. Raiding is easily the quickest way to grow, if you're decent at it! :-)
Due to new security restrictions, thermonuclear warheads and nail clippers are no longer permitted as carry on baggage!

Return to “Asgard/ Ancients”