Options

Suggest any improvements
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Options

My first impression of Ascension, is "wow".

I think there may be just a few too many options to go with, and its all very confusing.

Thats probably what makes SGWs so easy and addictive, that once you start, things pretty much start working, whereas there are so many options, buttons and statistics.

I am a little more than confused.

If its just me, tell me, and I'll shut up. But I'd like to know if anyone elses head is spinning from the info overload.

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
Owen
Forum Irregular

i get most of it now i think.... now that replijake explained some stuff to me in the chat and with a little help here and there from other ppl
The Mysterious Napkin

Same here...I know some people having a hard use of their dictionnary.(note to all: Never EVER start a text based Mmorpg if you don't master the language it's in). Gave me a headache, so I decided to get drunk and start spending. At 9 am. Woot.
XIZOR
Forum Regular

thanx to jaxin i now understand most if not all NUTO ITS JUST YOU jk
smooshable
Forum Expert

Honours and Awards

It's a little tough to get started but give it a week. SGW probly has the same number of options, you just notice them less. Think about all your technology and stuff.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

a 'starters guide' will be coming soon :)
plus - you already know SGW so to just do the same would be disappointing (imo).
i figure with SGA there are 2x as many options as SGW -- but since you've mastered SGW there are the same number of NEW options in SGA as SGW options when you first started SGW (not knowing any at the time...)
a 'starters guide' will be coming soon :)
Last edited by Forum on Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't make me use this!!!
Owen
Forum Irregular

i think we only find ascension harder right now because we're just starting.... i mean, when i first started sgw in april i think... maybe may.... i felt overwhelmed with all the stuff and now with all these upgrades i can't imagine how these noobs must feel..... man, they all catch up to ya though..... i remember when i started...... 2.5k players and Lord Jared on msn telling me about 500 times just to only do UP while he was on the first page...... of course then i ended up with way more UP than him and now we're on an even playing field :P......
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

http://www.dictionary.com -- a great tool :)
and -- sorry for the use of languge... I sometimes overdo it -- but hard not to when you are dealing in epic cosmic concepts!! I even had to make up (er... 'coin' is the official word for making up words) - coin words to fill the gaps in the english language surrounding our current context (ascended being fighting an epic cosmic battle across multiple planes of existences, and maybe multiverses....).
phew!
and 4 claps for Desed for doing an ESL MMORPG and winning/ascending!!

Desed wrote:Same here...I know some people having a hard use of their dictionnary.(note to all: Never EVER start a text based Mmorpg if you don't master the language it's in). Gave me a headache, so I decided to get drunk and start spending. At 9 am. Woot.
Don't make me use this!!!
Owen
Forum Irregular

yes, for all your english needs go to http://www.dictionary.com and for all your translation needs go to http://www.freetranslation.com even though idk if it works.... i did a spanish paper through it once and got a d
Wintermute
Fledgling Forumer

I think part of it is I feel pressure to do everything exactly right so that nobody gets too far ahead. But the fact is you need to make a couple of mistakes here and there (eg. picking the ori ahem), but it all starts to come clear after a bit. And yeah I was totally confused when I first started looking through everything.

Return to “Suggestions”