Oasis

A place to discuss the music we listen to, mass to, or are looking for a greater appreciation of.
Weirdfish
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Oasis

[DDE] Bastion
Forum Intermediate

Wonderwall is the only song I've heard..
Spacey
Forum Zombie

Champ. Supernova is a good one too...
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

"Don't Look Back in Anger" has to be among their best, I think. ;)
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Weirdfish
Forum Irregular

yea its not bad but recently i've been listenin to their material that isnt well known like the followin vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zichvcYZQqs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHeszfOsrPo (Touch of The Beatles in this vid but the track is still decent)
Bad Wolf
The Man Behind the Curtain
Race: System Lord

My fav song of theres is probly 'Champagne Supernova'

But from there new album I really like 'Let There Be Love'. I used to really be into them but I have sort of gone off them recently, but still enjoy there older stuff.

BWG
Weirdfish
Forum Irregular

Yea, Champagne Supernova is great. Let There Be Love is also a fav from their new album.

They are supposed to be in the makin of a new album now. Apparently its well underway and that Noel has "written a couple of belters" for the new record.
quickshot84
Forum Irregular
Race: Goa'uld

wonderwall is one of the best pub songs at my local ever.

gets pretty much everyone singing it, when you put it on at like 11pm (aka when they're all tanked)
Member of Ω Allegiance: 22/6/05 - 7/1/07
www.co-opp.net - because gaming was made to be fun [Clan OhnD, mcsA, mcOhnD!] - {CoD4/CSS/TF2} - #co-opp
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Re: Oasis

The good thing about Oasis is that they always produce new songs to be used as 'B-sides', rather than just lifting one of the unused ones off of the album.

Two of their best B-sides have been Stay Young and The Masterplan.

Little By Little is probably one of the best singles they produced.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

stop crying your heart out. Wonderful song, although most of theirs are of a legendary status within my social circles.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Weirdfish
Forum Irregular

Wolf359 wrote:The good thing about Oasis is that they always produce new songs to be used as 'B-sides', rather than just lifting one of the unused ones off of the album.

Two of their best B-sides have been Stay Young and The Masterplan.

yea, Noel Gallagher said that he wants their b-sides to be as good as their a-sides... its why they eventually brought out the album The Masterplan which is made up of all their b-sides
Bad Wolf
The Man Behind the Curtain
Race: System Lord

Since they become 'hot shots' and rich they havent written a good song.

His best work was when he was down and out and had something to sing about.

Real feeling.

BW
Weirdfish
Forum Irregular

tbh, they´ve calmed down since they first brought out their first few albums... songs like "she is love" from the album "Heathen Chemistry" are far different from ones like "rock n roll star" from their first album "Definately Maybe" just because back then they were all on drugs and drinkin all the time... I think both Noel and Liam have both admitted that they cant remember much about doing the album "(What's the Story) Morning Glory" (their second album) just because they were so out of it.

Return to “Music”