inevitable tendancy to move valid threads

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

inevitable tendancy to move valid threads

to date, i have seen 5 threads that were legitimately sgw's general worthy, moved to this or that. i managed to get ONE of them moved back, and the rest i've not heard back on.

it makes me frustrated that sometimes because a topic is "lighthearted" it is automatically assumed to be spam, it's not always the case. if it's supposed to be serious, and random silly posts take over, that's spam. if it's a "what do you use your personal log for" thread, it's completely normal for people to talk about what they put there, and it's completely acceptable for it to be in sgw's general, since it's ABOUT sgw's, or a feature of sgw's that we're simply discussing for the FUN of it. and isn't that what this game is about? FUN?

there is also the point where things are OVERDISCUSSED. those threads should be spam.. but every once in a while a GOOD lighthearted thread would be NICE.

anyway, thanks for reading my rant if you've made it this far...
hope i can get some kind of reply to this >_>

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

I agree with you. I remember back in the beginning there were plenty of threads in general that could make me LMAO. Currently it's all about the war and stuff concerning that, complaints against mods, meetings and serious stuff. Some people tried to lighten things up with April fools threads, but that's about it.

Here's a prime example of a thread that was perfectly acceptable in general back in the day, and the like should still be possible today:

http://herebegames.com/StarGateWars/viewtopic.php?t=956

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

It seems that far too much 'moderation' is done by what is deemed appropriate to the individual at the time, and not by the standards of procedure. I agree whole heartedly with your point Psi.

I just ask myself why on Gods earth are you no longer in a position to sort them out! ?;)

(Sleipnir is my hero though! :P )
Last edited by Quina Quen on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Spacey
Forum Zombie

When I mod I try to mod like 1 cup Sleip and 1/2 cups Buck, with a side of Psi, and a sprinkle of Wolf.

I moved the "111" thread to this and that becasue it seems like this and that material, and have not bee contacted about it.

I hope for open door policies with my modding and welcome feedback, good or bad.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Diamond Dust wrote:I just ask myself why on Gods earth are you no longer in a position to sort them out! ?;)

you can ask buck...

Spacey wrote:When I mod I try to mod like 1 cup Sleip and 1/2 cups Buck, with a side of Psi, and a sprinkle of Wolf.

I moved the "111" thread to this and that becasue it seems like this and that material, and have not bee contacted about it.

I hope for open door policies with my modding and welcome feedback, good or bad.

i was a tad too lazy to PM you about it, seeing how of the last 4 i have contacted people about, only one met with any type of confirmation, or response from. i suppose you would indeed be one of the better one's to replying to a PM, but since i noticed this trend, i decided to make a thread about it here.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Flavar
Forum Elite

well thankd for getting em thinking about what to move.

i agree that we should allow more topics in general again and wont move as quickly as before. but i was only responsibel of one of those you listed.
Writing as a mod. But i am currently testing colors. So if you want to claim one as yours or its not the best to read give me a call please :-)
Tok`ra

Re: inevitable tendancy to move valid threads

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:stuff

Never thought Id agree with you this much Psi.

Youre right tho, the mods, and yes I AM making a general statement bite me if you dont like it, in general tend to be a bit too strict at times.

Yeah, some threads should be policed, that said this isnt the 'everyne post teh same' fourm, its a game fourm.

That said, a few semi fluff threads really wont hurt things at all.
Tok`ra

Bumping this because quite frankly it IS a major issue.
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Things get put where they are supposed to go, your vacation or leaveing thread got put in the quitting catagory, just like many other vacation threads have been put...Stop whineing about it, Psi Had a valid point which i explained (i think so) to him over msn as to why his thread had been moved, it was either him or pookie. 99.9999% of the time threads get moved because they are in the wrong place, the other 00.00009% they get moved because they are old and getting spammed.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Q Man
blarney stone

yeh and whats wrong with threads being put in this and that or the temple? nd buck,you can only hve 100%
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
Spacey
Forum Zombie

some don't like the Misc section :roll:
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
ComputerGamerGeek
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Lego Maniac
ID: 83588

Q MAN wrote:yeh and whats wrong with threads being put in this and that or the temple? nd buck,you can only hve 100%

um... because they are moved... and not where the last twenty people who posted there expect it to be...
heaven forbid some of us actually say to our friends, go to SGW General, and look for this thread, it's got some very useful information in it...

that having been said, perhaps these two miscellaneous threads need to be further differentiated... :shock:

SGW General ---->>> Miscellaneous StarGateWars.com related...

This & That possibilities:
---->>> Miscellaneous StarGate Anything
OR :!:
---->>> Miscellaneous Anything without a home, (and Spam
has a home.)
OR :!:
---->>> Spam that doesn't smell like Hormel Spam,
(ie: fun polls, SciFi General, other games we play,
buying SG merchandise, computer & internet help-wanted)
vs. Hormel Spam, "The real Spam" = useless stuff... not worth reading unless you are in the mood for it. :)
Please click on my new trade feedback:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=107421

My SGW Contact Info:
Email: RLuap1998@aol.com
(checked infrequently.)

Yahoo: westwingfan01
AIM: IrishPaul2008
MSN: DublinontheRhine27mNY
(usually checked at least once a day.)
Tok`ra

The problem is that SGW related topics get moved to this and that or spam on occasion.

It doesnt matter if a mod likes the thread, as long as its related to SGW it belongs in general.

The other problem is that mods move styff, but dont seem to realize that only a few fourms get read too often, and people get annoied when a thread is moved to a fourm were it will die.
ComputerGamerGeek
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Lego Maniac
ID: 83588

Tok`ra wrote:The problem is that SGW related topics get moved to this and that or spam on occasion.

It doesnt matter if a mod likes the thread, as long as its related to SGW it belongs in general.

The other problem is that mods move styff, but dont seem to realize that only a few fourms get read too often, and people get annoied when a thread is moved to a fourm were it will die.

agreed...

however, perhaps if people & mods knew and agreed to more specifics of where stuff goes, some of the "Dead Zone" threads wouldn't be so dead...

also, i've noticed that roughly half the time, clicking on a thread that says "moved" gets me an error message, but not by any means all of the time.

so the very act of moving a topic helps to kill it, especially if it's original location could have been close enough.
Please click on my new trade feedback:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=107421

My SGW Contact Info:
Email: RLuap1998@aol.com
(checked infrequently.)

Yahoo: westwingfan01
AIM: IrishPaul2008
MSN: DublinontheRhine27mNY
(usually checked at least once a day.)

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”