Some feature to contact forum admins more easily

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Acheron
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Tok'ra
ID: 71390

Some feature to contact forum admins more easily

I just got my forum problems resolved, so I'd like to place a little request:

If you change your email (for any reason), your forum account needs to be reactivated. I don't have a problem with that, but it would be VERY nice that either

1) you can reactivate it by email yourself, or
2) you'd be given a link to where you can find how to contact an admin to reactivate it for you

It seems the forum admins do not check for inactive accounts by themselves (not even if they are extensively used for a few months!). This is not a good thing either imho (no offense, but it would be nice if they did :P), but it's not a really big issue.

The BIG issue was however that there's no real information available which person here you can contact for such problems (perhaps a sticky somewhere, like this forum perhaps, could solve that!), and also because a lot of the admins seem unable or unwilling to reactivate accounts, or do not even _have_ any external contact info available (like msn or email :P) publicly.

Eventually I learned about the mailto:Urgent@stargatewars.com email where admin Sue directed me to the right person to handle these problems (thanks Bazsy, you are a life safer :P). I doubt that email is meant for such problems, but it worked ;P

Anyway, to come back to my request: some way to contact forum admins easier (either built-in to the forums, or simply a sticky somewhere) would be nice to have (if it's already there, place a link on the obvious forum, this one please :P), or just drop the whole reactivation thing for accounts that need an email change. It prevents problems like the one I had :)
Tok`ra

The problem is that the admins are kinda lazy about this stuff.

I mean, look what hapend with the SGW awards 'new' people from teh game registerd to vote, and all their accounts got shut down on the fourm.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

one reason it is kind of messy about such stuff now, is that as soon as it is possible, this forum will be converted to phpBB 3.0, and then lots of reorganization will happen...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Acheron
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Tok'ra
ID: 71390

Zeratul wrote:one reason it is kind of messy about such stuff now, is that as soon as it is possible, this forum will be converted to phpBB 3.0, and then lots of reorganization will happen...

i wish you good luck on that.... this forum is quite big and it wouldn't be easy to make a perfect 1:1 upgrade :P
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: Some feature to contact forum admins more easily

Acheron wrote:It seems the forum admins do not check for inactive accounts by themselves (not even if they are extensively used for a few months!). This is not a good thing either imho (no offense, but it would be nice if they did :P), but it's not a really big issue.

It's almsot impossible to "check for inactive users" with PHPBB2, unless one is checking for the list of new users who just registered and require activation.

What I suggest is emailing me with the title "ACTIVATION HELP": mailto:forumAdmin@herebegames.com

I'll put a sticky up too in announcements. ;)

J
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”