DMU from the Super Weapon auction

Suggest any improvements
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

DMU from the Super Weapon auction

May 08, 2007 AI Attack 2,309,264,561 Dark Matter Units lost 15 326 126 **,158,423,296 **,110,654,709 details

now... whats wrong with that?

someone hit me for 2billion DMU... thats about 5-10days of my income...

Odd thing is I check this no less than 6 hours before this happened...

Now this is supposedly from the "super weapon" being sold...

I think thats total trash...

I want this "feature" removed because being given 2bill dmu hey thats great... but guess what its totally random and someone beats down my account for it! hurrah!

now why should I suffer because people are selling the super weapon?

now this also gave lumps of naq to other people who also complained about this in Warlords of Briton

because they all got attacked twice...

1 for about 1.7 bill and another for 600mill

I dont see why we have to suffer getting hit because of this...

now I've got 2k AT because i dont fight people in ascended...

I keep my head down on there and not piss people off and try not to draw attention to myself...

getting 2billion DMU thrown at my account draws a lot of people to it and its not why I play the game...

its like if someone bought 10million UU in main and that was traded... then 300k of that went to lots of random players...

you can bet your ass they will be raided... and why should they suffer from someone elses trade...

I want this removed or at least allow it to be something where you can accept to recieve this "free" DMU

also I'd like to be able to get rid of my AT for DMU... otherwise I wont use them... even if its like 1 million DMU for 100AT thats fine with me... 20mill DMU would be great rather than unused turns!

anyhow...

remove that superweapon money getting spread thing...

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Ergon
Forum Irregular

>.<

u should be happy.. I know i am O_o
TheRook
Forum Addict

Leonidas I wrote:>.<

u should be happy.. I know i am O_o

yes well those on at the time will get a huge influx of DMU from farming everyone...

I know someone in my alliance was on at the time... he has 2 pages of attack logs getting 1.5-2bill per shot...

so tell me if thats fair...

because even if it was me doing it I'd still think its a little uneven
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)

samson1111
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

there is no bank is ascended... how about the DMU would be converted to APP or life force?
Timmy
Forum Irregular

yes i think this is unfair i famred a bit as i was one soon after and realised most people had 2bil + out. This is a bit unfair as it favours those who are on at the time of the wepon sale. Maybe the dmu only goes out once you log in or you have to click something to accept it would be the best way to prevent a similiar scenario in the future
TheRook
Forum Addict

yes something needs to sort that as it cost me a quite a lot to repair the damages...

~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Erm how about raidfest when it first came out really pissed me off because tons of ppl in main raided **Filtered** millions and I missed it.

Nothing was done, so can you all please stop complainning, **Filtered** like this happens sometimes.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

First off just remove the super weapon. It is totaly pointless, useless, and foolish. Secondly, go to market and watch the count down. You can grow increadably by farming during the distrobution of the DMU.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
stefanos
Fledgling Forumer

~Phoenix~ wrote:Erm how about raidfest when it first came out really pissed me off because tons of ppl in main raided *modded* millions and I missed it.

Nothing was done, so can you all please stop complainning, **Filtered** like this happens sometimes.

yes but after that was found to be a mistake it was corrected as this should be,i guess the best solution would be to put a 12 hour acception period in cosmic trade,the same as a rejected trade gets in main
Eric Cantona wrote: "When the seagulls follow the trawler....
it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea".
The Oncoming Storm
Forum Irregular

Now, I lost my 2bn but stole many billions from others so I can sympathise with both sides in this.

What makes this bad is that the guys buying the weapon (from themselves) can raid back a lot of the naq it is costing them. Whereas the naq should be a way to give a "dig out" to smaller accounts (not resulting in them getting massed).

The answer isn't simple. the best thing would be if the weapon was taken out of the game. Failing that give every player an increase in APs that if they trade them for dark matter would result in them getting the amount they would have got from the weapon sale.

This really is a big problem in ascention and needs to be addressed before the next weapon sale.
wmd9999
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 103304

all of the DMU should go the the seller of the super weapon. if you sell it you should get all the DMU
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

NDCDN wrote:What makes this bad is that the guys buying the weapon (from themselves) can raid back a lot of the naq it is costing them.

You'll note that not one person was attacked by Mojo Rising. The DMU that he gave out was not much more than chicken scratch to him.

NDCDN wrote:Whereas the naq should be a way to give a "dig out" to smaller accounts (not resulting in them getting massed).

Massed? How? One hit gets the DMU.

NDCDN wrote:The answer isn't simple. the best thing would be if the weapon was taken out of the game. Failing that give every player an increase in APs that if they trade them for dark matter would result in them getting the amount they would have got from the weapon sale.

I will vote for it to be taken out, the only thing the weapon does is unbalance the game.

NDCDN wrote:This really is a big problem in ascention and needs to be addressed before the next weapon sale.

Then I suggest you get with admin soon. The weapon sells about every 8 days.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

wmd9999 wrote:all of the DMU should go the the seller of the super weapon. if you sell it you should get all the DMU

This is how it was to begin with and everyone complained.

Admin was told in the beta testing that Mojo and Sinister would keep the weapon inhouse so it could never see the light of day. Admin said ok.

Then Admin didn't like it and changed it so 5% went to the seller and 95% went out into the cosmos. Everyone complained again.

Admin made it so 50% goes to seller and 50% goes to the cosmos. Guess what PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING AGAIN.

Just remove the SW. It will solve alotta problems.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
rassilon
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Spaceballs
Race: Tollan
ID: 47049

That was pretty crazy. I got hit about 10 times and was on just 5 mins before I got attacked. Pretty funny timing. Anyway, I agree that something else should be done. Normally you see 150-225mil appearing out of nowhere, but that day was just crazy. Maybe there could be a bank that is not used for depositing by the player, but by the proceeds of the weapon sale and only accessible by the player for withdrawal of those funds?
----------------------
Feedback Thread:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWars/vie ... p?p=866199

Rather small because I keep forgetting about it.
Thufir_Hawat
Forum Regular

You know all of this is so funny. I got lucky and logged on and was told about it 14mins early, but then still had to leave during the feast to pick up kids.

But the amazing part is, there are so many here either whining or happy about what they farmed. While those trading the weapon had that much DMU to do those transactions. Looks like Mojo (I assume) just donated to the rest of us, and we are so happy or sad to gain or lose a couple billion while he just williingly gave us all 4.5Trillion O_o it really goes to show us all how skewed the game is.

So next time everyone should be a little bit more alert about when the weapon will be sold....

Return to “Suggestions”