Neon Genesis Evangelion! Confused *spoilers*

A place for random anime lovers to get together and chat!
Cherry Blossom
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Neon Genesis Evangelion! Confused *spoilers*

This is mainly geared towards anyone who has a good understanding of the plot of the anime (and subsequent films).

Why do almost all the angels (i.e the 3rd angel to the 17th angel) attack the Geofront? Are they trying to get to Adam and Lilith (the 1st and 2nd angels)? Are they trying to get the Lance Of Longinus?

I know Rei is one of many clones, but who is she based on (or cloned from)? Is she cloned from Lilith? Or Yui Ikari (which would explain Gendo Ikari's obsession with her!)? Or is she some kind of engineered being, not cloned from any one person?

Why do SEELE want the Human Instrumentality Project to go ahead? Surely if 3rd impact was to take place, they would cease to exist in a traditional sense? What benefit do they get from that? Or do they want instrumentality to happen to stop mankind destroying itself? (I understand why Gendo Ikari wants instrumentality to go ahead, he wants to be reunited with his wife Yui, and he believes instrumentality will allow that to happen!)

Why does Shinji strangle Asuka at the end of The End Of Evangelion? It just seems to make no sense whatsoever!

Phew, complicated I know! I loved the whole thing though! :D
SG
Forum Irregular
Race: Replicator
ID: 41408

They are attacking Neofront because underneath it is Lilith. The spear is hardly mentioned but near the end of the series it's thrown out in to space.

The lance of Longinus is just a weapon Lilith was impaled on to (help?) keep her in place.

Rei is cloned from both Lilith and Yui.

SEELE wants the third impact because for whatever reason behind it, a person (retarded Shinji in this case) gets to make one wish. I suppose the SEELE wanted to re-make the world in a different image. Also if you didn't noticed after the third impact, everyone 'ascended' to a higher plane and left there physical bodies.

Shinji strangles her because he makes the wish of death, and mankind ceases to exist.

That's the best I could remember the series. You can look it all up, it's been years since I watched it.

Psi Kiya Trist
    The Timeless One
    ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

SG wrote:They are attacking Neofront because underneath it is Lilith. The spear is hardly mentioned but near the end of the series it's thrown out in to space.

actually... they're seeking adam. which is why the 17th angel wants shinji to kill him, instead of him fusing with lilith.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
    buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...

Return to “Anime Corner”