Life force and fixing it (concept created by buck and KGC)

Suggest any improvements
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Life force and fixing it (concept created by buck and KGC)

Right, so, Descending someone, atm, is nigh on impossible, unless they have 0 life force to begin with, the amount of life force you take away needs to be changed, equivilant to amount of damage and constitution etc, obviously, Although thats what happens now, its simply not enough to pose any threat to anyone, the superweapon, is useless for this also, as we all know, Now, it needs to be modifyed to take into account that people have grown so big, OR, there could be a time limit on the amount of Life force you have, e.g. haveing to much life force for so long, or you could make a life force cap, equiilant to life force level, e.g X that by 10 (so if original life force was 10k, it would be 100) then X10 again and you have the amount of life force you would be allowed to have, Well you could go over that, e.g. when you ascend and make power points, or if you convert dmu to life force, but only for a short period, say, 12 hours, well i mean, its pretty much just a concept, but something needs to be done about aweful accounts who cant be descended because they have 603852371987509170927589793651928 life force. Elaborate and build on the idea someone with knoledge of maths.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier
ID: 0

Re: Life force and fixing it (concept created by buck and KGC)

buck wrote:accounts who cant be descended because they have 603852371987509170927589793651928 life force.

Admin calls it strategy; I call it cowardice and refusal to fight an enemy. The only allowed to have LF for a certain period of time sounds very promising. It won't stop those of us who actively use the function, but will stop the inactives with millions of life force who don't play ascended but do play main.
Gandalf the White
Forum Grunt

Whilst I'd like to be able to descend the small accounts too, you have to keep in mind the active players who are being assaulted and are trying to defend against being descended. Surely they are entitled to use (and keep) as much LF as they can possibly get to stop them from falling off the server forever. (Because missing even 2 weeks here is a very long time)

I agree that something has to be done about the thousands of inactive accounts. They don't deserve their bonuses and we should be able to descend them. I was going to suggest there should be a change to the LF regen rate when you get a certain % over your max LF but that would penalise the active players more so. Use it or lose it could be the answer but it might be difficult to code it.

We should be able to destroy a % of LF in much the same way that you can absorb and bounce back a % of LF. Although I havent really thought that through and it might come up with some strange results. It can't be any worse than the case is now though.
buck
The Main Event

Honours and Awards

No you see, this way, they can sell there DMU for life force, and not get descended, so long as they play, it will definatly make it ALOT more interesting, and alot more fun, you'l be like "oh crud, here they come again!!!"

Alot more militaristic, but still enableing you to create ALOT of life force, and spend it on things.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
2010-

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

buck wrote:No you see, this way, they can sell there DMU for life force, and not get descended, so long as they play, it will definatly make it ALOT more interesting, and alot more fun, you'l be like "oh crud, here they come again!!!"

Alot more militaristic, but still enableing you to create ALOT of life force, and spend it on things.

For somebody like myself who has next to no income at all even tho i play the ascended server i wont be able to buy enough life force with DMU and will be deascended anyway!

Why not introduce and degeneration rate? For everyday you dont log in that account losses say 10% of there total life force? maybe 10% is a little too high but it would make the accounts that arnt played more vulnerable than even the weeker accounts that are played
Give a man the means to start a fire and he can stay warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life!
buck
The Main Event

Honours and Awards

No No No, Cant happen im afraid, would still meanpeople could hide behind life force, if you cant buy life force, then you arnt likely to have 1847509278590238403 life force in your account, in which case, your account is less likely to be valuable, and less likely to be descended, you see, with every ascension, along with time, your account gets better, so long as you play the game, the update will serve you well, come on people this is about FUN, not everyone being soft.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
2010-

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Code:
Raven
Forum Elite

LF is to protect yourself.....now your saying they cant protect themselves cause you want an easy descend? Mills of LF are not created outta nothing and its good that Descending is not so easy as you people want it......we will talk again when some of you arent so invincible anymore :)
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
buck
The Main Event

Honours and Awards

Raven wrote:LF is to protect yourself.....now your saying they cant protect themselves cause you want an easy descend? Mills of LF are not created outta nothing and its good that Descending is not so easy as you people want it......we will talk again when some of you arent so invincible anymore :)

You misunderstand, read the original concept, your life force would be based on the amount you put into everything, and you would still have the ability to have loads of life force, for a short period of time, it would simply mean people dont sit on it, its a security blanket, as for people being invinceiable, it would not take long for someone to descend me let me tell you :lol:
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
2010-

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Code:
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

Ok so why not put a natural cap on it? Make it so you can only go so high above your max life force lvl, if you want to go any higher you have to buy the lf with DMU?
Give a man the means to start a fire and he can stay warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life!
buck
The Main Event

Honours and Awards

Because that defeats the object of the original idea, the idea is to yes, have a natural cap, but then you can go over that cap, but only for a short period of time, e.g. 12-24 hours, ergo noone can be ridiculassy invinceable, obviously the strong will still be strong and the weak still weak, relatively compareing, but it would make things less ridiculas.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
2010-

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Code:
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

If you introduce a cap on LF no one will ever catch up to the guys who have been playing for 2 years, i swear 1 thread you want to make it easier for the small guys, the next you want to make it hard for the big guys, then you want to make it impossible for smaller guys,

I Store LF, so i can upgrade, but i play ascended daily, so if i get hit does that make me inactive/scared to play because i have alot of lifeforce??? I dont agree with people ascending then never playing ascended, and every ascension adds to there LF yes that is unfair, admin should address that, but from what i can see you just want easier kills on ascension.......and sometimes the way things work around here, you might just get it.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
buck
The Main Event

Honours and Awards

Yes, i do want to make it easier too kill, thats part of it, but i also want people to work and play ascension, if you play it, then it will be alot harder for everyone, the more you upgrade, the bigger you become, and so and so forth, its quite simple, still gives people enough resources to defence from attacks, without makeing it ridiculas. if you want to save up your life force, as i said, 10 - 15x your total is fair enough, for me (only a prior) that means i would be able to hold just over 1.5 mill steady all the time, so...let me re-iterate my point...

It would not make descending people easier, it would simply make it POSSIBLE, which currently, it isnt

Also, let me just point out, general chaos, your a member of the respect group....
and sometimes the way things work around here, you might just get it.
... So what exactly is that supposed to mean? Not really leading by example as far as i can tell.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
2010-

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Code:
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

Strongly against - This is the only strategy we have left to play the game, any update which allows people to be descended easier will Only benefit dd and omega and hurt the little guys.
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!
buck
The Main Event

Honours and Awards

Lord_Zeus wrote:Strongly against - This is the only strategy we have left to play the game, any update which allows people to be descended easier will Only benefit dd and omega and hurt the little guys.

lol "we?!" :lol:

Oh dear me, you didnt just say that....there are loads of weak accounts in dd and omega :lol:
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
2010-

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Code:
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

Agreed... but all any of them need to do is ask and they could get billions of dmu to prevent them from ever being descended...
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!

Return to “Suggestions”