selling dmu for $ at OBSCENE rates ....

A place to discuss 'Market Stuff'

Moderator: Market Mods

Virisken Soshir
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

selling dmu for $ at OBSCENE rates ....

now ive seen a few threads pop up lately, and theyre offering dmu for $ which i have no problem with, its just the rate is disgusting if you think about it, they want average of .30 a bil, now hensenshi has said as #10 influence he makes 15bil dmu a turn, and the gap from 1-10 is fairly monsterous.

yet even hensenshi would be making 4.50 a turn or 216$ a day .... especially considering some of these guys have 200-350+bil a turn incomes ..... i.e if they could find buyers theyd make upwards of 7000$ a day selling dmu ... x.x

so yea ... dont buy dmu with $ unless you can get a reasonable rate, .02-.05 cents per LOT of 50 billion dmu!

and to try to put things into perspective ... this would be like paying 30$ for 1 bil naq in main ... lol
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
DUDEY
Forum Regular

Re: selling dmu for $ at OBSCENE rates ....

wrong
only a handful of players have this kind of naq, why shouldn't they sell what they have alot of and everybody wants, once other people have the ability to sell vast amounts prices will drop, but that wont happen over night
Virisken Soshir
Fledgling Forumer

oh im not saying they dont have a right to ... im just saying in terms of equivalence its a 100% ripoff at those rates, besides how many of you huge volume sellers that live in the us, and by huge volume i mean hgave sold over 600$ worth of anything sgw related in a 12 month period, report it as taxable income?

tax evasion is a nasty business =/
DUDEY
Forum Regular

shame im not in the US really isnt it
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Even if Mojo Rising and a few others do make an unearthly amount of DMU a turn, it still doesn't detract from it's overall value. DMU is a rare commodity. There are only a handful of accounts on ascension which have the bulk to be able to part with huge amounts of DMU, as opposed to all the large army sizes on main which can afford to dole out naq of similar quantities.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

$216 a day, and those are rather old figures on my income. Hmmmmm. Maybe I should quit my day job. :-D
Antius
Forum Regular

DUDEY wrote:wrong
only a handful of players have this kind of naq, why shouldn't they sell what they have alot of and everybody wants, once other people have the ability to sell vast amounts prices will drop, but that wont happen over night

Right but wrong.
In my respectful opinion, most earned their right to be there (if they didn't buy their way in), and so yes, the prices should be higher.

On the other hand, It IS the "bigger" players in the realm that work together to keep the prices high. There is nothing others can do about it, but that does not mean that it is fair.
And therefor, the price rate is personal opinion, but MOST would agree that it is far, far, far too high.

-Antius-
Id=66719
DUDEY
Forum Regular

Most would be wrong.
Supply and demand, if there is alot of supply, prices will drop
Antius
Forum Regular

DUDEY wrote:Most would be wrong.
Supply and demand, if there is alot of supply, prices will drop

Then you would agree that UU prices at under 20$ a mil is about where it should be?

Respect
-Antius-
Id=66719
DUDEY
Forum Regular

Those prices are too low, alot of people selling unexcess goods for profit, thats the reason the prices of uu and naq are to low.
People with under 10million army selling a few mill uu and not quitting the game, thats not 'legal' as it is only excess goods.
but 1mill men for me, is under 1 days worth but i still wont sell for that cheap
q3utom
Fledgling Forumer
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 13871

DMU is a funny thing because its small change to the people selling but a fortune to those buying as their accounts don't produce anywhere near that amount.

$60 = 1 tril naq or 200 bil dmu. For most people 200 bil dmu would be massive kick start for their ascended accounts and 1tril maybe would have the same effect. Depends on how big their main account is.
Virisken Soshir
Fledgling Forumer

yea, 200b would be a pretty good kickstart to the smaller accounts, whats funny is thats only two thirds of these peoples TURN income ...

and uu prices arent bad, just because you cant make a fortune anymore on small amounts of uu isnt a reason to get all cryfaced .... increase your up, if its a mil a day it shouldnt matter to you its 20$ a mil. But theres the whole greed factor i suppose :p

*goes off to open a 4mil uu for 18$ a mil post :P)
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

well it's really not that bad of rates,

A the rates were based of naq.
18 to 1 is the start convertion rate just ascending.
5 to 1 is the convertion rate at the moment for dmu to naq
5 cents to 1bil is the convertion rate for naq to $.
therefore
25 cent to 1bil dmu sounds about right.

What does it matter if the top 5 accounts make 2 tril per turn. :lol: or not, it's their resourses that they are selling to A make the game a bit more playable, seeing on how anyone buying will be moving along quicker. B slows down the tops 5 growth. C keeps the top 5 from randomly massing people, never know who might be willing to buy.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Squee
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Lone Wolves
Race: Does it even matter?
ID: 13081

These players will only make that much $$$ if people are stupid enough to spend that much on something that exists only on a computer server.

Supply and demand - if no-one is demanding, price will have to fall. Im just glad i dont play ascended!
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Squee wrote:These players will only make that much $$$ if people are stupid enough to spend that much on something that exists only on a computer server.

Supply and demand - if no-one is demanding, price will have to fall. Im just glad i dont play ascended!

shh they might here you. I'm trying to save up for a winter home in cuba
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake

Return to “Market Discussion”