(too distant to engage)

Suggest any improvements
Orpheus
Forum Intermediate

(too distant to engage)

Lately i was thinking of decending someone who has been playing SGW for more then 2 years (judging his id). so i checked out his ascention id and noticed he is inactive (only 60k planets) so it was possible for me to decend him but i got the remark (too distant to engage).
So this leaves me with couple of options :
a) forget about him on ascention and just focus on main (i want to take his 30% bonus away on main, so not an option)
b) ask someone lower ranked in ascention to hit him (i prefer fighting my own battles, that way i do not owe others favors and the others do not get dirty)
c) let my account be raided to pieces to drop enough in rank (worst solution ever, spend too much time and resources on building it)

so here i stay with my head in my hands and wonder why oh why did i put so much effort in building my ascention account, the ones i can hit are or friends, or ppl that are way to big to hit, or ppl who play the game the normal way.
The most active farmers (with some exceptions) in main are ppl that have nothing to loose in ascention, crappy accounts that ppl playing ascention can not hit because too low ranked and have massive amount of life force out.... This makes that ppl making the effort to play both servers the way the game was set up are punished for not being able to act or react on both servers against any ennemy.
I understand that small players need to be protected, but i think there are better solutions to it then putting them (too distant to engage), for example a time limit of protecting new accounts on ascention for period of lets say 6 months in combination with a decending multiplier once the 6 monts are past, but all players should be possible targets to others directly, and not going by several other accounts to touch your victim.
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

Re: (too distant to engage)

Welcome to my hell Orpheus! I ascended well with the sole purpose of being able to protect my main account by descending anyone who would dare strike me in main, only to find out that hey, they are so pathetic in ascension that I am forbidden by the ascended high council (BTW, I am paying good money for anyone who can give me locations of members of the Ascended High Council ;)) from attacking them.
~Krys~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Nemesis
ID: 68005

hmm btw who is idiotic enough to pick on you in main lol
i want to find the person and institutionalize them if you cant touch them in main
~krys~ the last 2ic of The Order
RIP
Orpheus
Forum Intermediate

everyone can be touched in main, that is a bit my point, but not everyone can be touched in ascention, and that is not fair.
~Zekk~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Universal Consciousness
Race: Magi
ID: 616

theres already descension protection of two months for newbie ascenders. its been there since descension first came out.

which is another reason why I don't understand the reason for the rank mods still being in place. all they do is make the game horrible, especially with newbies already protected to the point of extream annoyance.

~Zeke~
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

I LOVE WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND DOMINATES ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Orpheus
Forum Intermediate

~Zekk~ wrote:theres already descension protection of two months for newbie ascenders. its been there since descension first came out.

which is another reason why I don't understand the reason for the rank mods still being in place. all they do is make the game horrible, especially with newbies already protected to the point of extream annoyance.

~Zeke~

That newbies are protected i can understand, but ppl that are decended allready i do not know howlong and only play main are unascendable for the actual players i can not understand.
~Zekk~
Forum Addict

I don't understand either.

quite honestly, the rank mods don't stop people anyway. Because as you said in your listed options, rank can be adjusted intentionally, no matter how much forum tries to make it fixed. newbies still can't be hit because of their protection, but so long as people have the ability to adjust rank, people will be descend-able no matter how low they hide in the rankings. it just makes the bigger players more annoyed because they have to sacrifice so much of their hard work to descend people.

so yeah, as I said...death to the rank mods! :-D

~Zeke~
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

If i`d have read this 24 hours ago i`d have just thought stop whinning but now i have realised that this ranking system is totally fubar and is greatly abused by some of the most annoying farmers in main

ATM i`m trying to deascend some guy was has 15mil LF out, Now for somebody ranked over 1300 its totally stupid because non of the players hes farming cant even get close to hit him, Most i`ve done to him is 60k LF (no laughing plz) now that would prolly deascend me in just a few hits but to destroy 15mil.... well i`ll let you do the maths

Somebody told me this sort of thing is a tactic! Pure lazyness and no understanding of the ascended server if you ask me and yet they are being rewarded for it

If you wana rank on something other than physical stats why not try ranking accounts by the LF total in the accounts and i dont just mean the amount sitting out i mean everything added together as in current lF sitting out plus the LF they would have spent on the ascended stats, LF max and replusion strength etc
Give a man the means to start a fire and he can stay warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life!
~Zekk~
Forum Addict

| Nemesis | wrote:If i`d have read this 24 hours ago i`d have just thought stop whinning but now i have realised that this ranking system is totally fubar and is greatly abused by some of the most annoying farmers in main

to say its fubar is probably an understatement. however I dont think im allowed to say what I think it is, so i'll simply agree that it is very very messed up and yes, many main players are abusing this.

| Nemesis | wrote:ATM i`m trying to deascend some guy was has 15mil LF out, Now for somebody ranked over 1300 its totally stupid because non of the players hes farming cant even get close to hit him, Most i`ve done to him is 60k LF (no laughing plz) now that would prolly deascend me in just a few hits but to destroy 15mil.... well i`ll let you do the maths

I dont think anyone will really luagh, there are people stronger then you that wouldn't be able to do anywhere near that much. heck, there are many who cant even hit him at all.

| Nemesis | wrote:Somebody told me this sort of thing is a tactic! Pure lazyness and no understanding of the ascended server if you ask me and yet they are being rewarded for it

technically it is a tactic, it is however a very bad one in the opinion of those who wish to play ascension and have fun there. This is making the game miserable for the ones who try to get strong, because theres no gain in strength. The ascended server has become a stat building game, and considering it was intended to be the elite version of a war game, thats a very bad outcome. but you can't blame the players on this one, there are many who WANT war. But because of the rank mod it simply cant happen.

| Nemesis | wrote:If you wana rank on something other than physical stats why not try ranking accounts by the LF total in the accounts and i dont just mean the amount sitting out i mean everything added together as in current lF sitting out plus the LF they would have spent on the ascended stats, LF max and replusion strength etc

I'm sorry, but this is a horrible idea. there are many ways it can be exploited and many ways it will screw up rankings. i believe that making rank 100% based off of influence was also a mistake, it should be a balance of all stats or ranks should be removed completely...hmm...theres an idea.

~Zeke~

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

Munchy
Forum Expert
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 60881

~Zekk~ wrote:
| Nemesis | wrote:Somebody told me this sort of thing is a tactic! Pure lazyness and no understanding of the ascended server if you ask me and yet they are being rewarded for it

technically it is a tactic, it is however a very bad one in the opinion of those who wish to play ascension and have fun there. This is making the game miserable for the ones who try to get strong, because theres no gain in strength. The ascended server has become a stat building game, and considering it was intended to be the elite version of a war game, thats a very bad outcome. but you can't blame the players on this one, there are many who WANT war. But because of the rank mod it simply cant happen.

~Zeke~

To be fair there never has been much as far as 'war' goes on the ascended server. Even before the rank mods came into place. Sure, during big wars it happens, but that is always related to main. I have never seen in the Colosseum a war between two people just on the ascended server, whereas you see it, and have always seen it to be common for ones to be just main.

There were massings to get miners(and still are, via revolutions and uu's), but very few actual wars.

Some rank mods could go, but I wouldn't get rid of them completely.

ID=60881
~Zekk~
Forum Addict

its technically against the rules to post about an ascension war in the Colosseum, due to the rule that all ascended information has to be kept in the ascended section. not that its often enforced. :/

plus, theres aways tons of wars between people who never use this forum.

but anyway, the point is--people CAN'T have a war right now even if half the server decided to go to war with the other half. it can't be done...wait, that idea especially can't be done.

I mean, c'mon. how many of you remember what happened every time forum tried to put rank mods in main? everything became unbalanced almost immediately, and it took days after the updates were removed for things to go back to normal again. and here on ascension the damage is much deeper, but not irriversable, so long as a few good updates-including the removal of rank mods-come in to play.

yes it will take months, maybe even a year or more for things to become the way they were meant to be. but the longer you wait to start fixing things, the longer its going to take to fix them.

~Zeke~

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

~Zekk~ wrote:
yes it will take months, maybe even a year or more for things to become the way they were meant to be. but the longer you wait to start fixing things, the longer its going to take to fix them.

~Zeke~

Well said
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

i like the rank mods.

I hate the too distant to engage, or the too far above you to hit!.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake

Return to “Suggestions”