Bans

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 50147

Re: Bans

Co-Administrator wrote:
[OSL]Mystake wrote:So my week is over, and I never received official notification,

that and the reason for my ban became obsolete(i think) when the new rules were put in a day after.

How exactly do you think we should notify you officially? Theres a slot where I can put the reason shown for the admins and the reason shown for the user. I filled both when banned you. If you cant see it, thats maybe phpbbs problem or yours, but not the admins's.
You dont want me to call all banned users on phone an inform them, do you?

How about I give you my cell # bazsy?

That, or if you prefer you can send an e-mail notification, or even post it on the forums like it was standard protocol?
That, and you banned me as I was trying to argue my warnings?
Oh... and then the warn I was banned for become obsolete with the new rules; and as you can see it was... a rather interesting reason too with much community support Mr Thing.
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
Co-Administrator

[OSL]Mystake wrote:
Co-Administrator wrote:
[OSL]Mystake wrote:So my week is over, and I never received official notification,

that and the reason for my ban became obsolete(i think) when the new rules were put in a day after.

How exactly do you think we should notify you officially? Theres a slot where I can put the reason shown for the admins and the reason shown for the user. I filled both when banned you. If you cant see it, thats maybe phpbbs problem or yours, but not the admins's.
You dont want me to call all banned users on phone an inform them, do you?

How about I give you my cell # bazsy?

That, or if you prefer you can send an e-mail notification, or even post it on the forums like it was standard protocol?
That, and you banned me as I was trying to argue my warnings?
Oh... and then the warn I was banned for become obsolete with the new rules; and as you can see it was... a rather interesting reason too with much community support Mr Thing.

Well you were informed on msn about your ban, so I dont see the point of this thing, except if you want to only cause trouble. On the other hand I filled the "reason shown for banned" field, so if you couldnt see it, I dont know why it is there.
And my nerves worth more than than having all the issues here, so I pick what I can handle and you cant blame me for it:) This takes nowhere.

PS: @Mystake: I also told you why I didnt post your name there. So if your memory is short, please dont blame me.
Mystake
Forum Addict

I was also informed on MSN that standard procedure is to post it in the forum thread of shame;

is MSN the new official communication way for moderators -> players ?

And this doesn't answer my question of why the ban was left in place even after the new rules made the previous warnings obsolete.
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!

Good times ;)
#-o
Co-Administrator

[OSL]Mystake wrote:I was also informed on MSN that standard procedure is to post it in the forum thread of shame;

is MSN the new official communication way for moderators -> players ?

And this doesn't answer my question of why the ban was left in place even after the new rules made the previous warnings obsolete.

I wont repeat myself again: " I TOLD YOU ON MSN WHY DIDNT I POSTED YOUR NAME IN THE TOPIC "
Also, you break the rules when they were rules, you got your punishment for knowingly breaking rules.

@Tok'ra: Permbanned users shouldnt post on the forums...

@everyone: If you guys keep making 3-4 issues a day I simply cant check this forums anymore. I have nerves and they need cooldown time too...
If you want problems solved try to concentrate on one until its solved.
Mystake
Forum Addict

Then why did you tell me over MSN again that if DaDigi and I settled our issues you'd unban me?

Why can't a rule change, be reason enough? Especially halfway as I was trying to argue the validity of the 3rd warning.

Good times ;)
#-o
Co-Administrator

Tok`ra wrote:
Co-Administrator wrote:

@Tok'ra: Permbanned users shouldnt post on the forums...

@everyone: If you guys keep making 3-4 issues a day I simply cant check this forums anymore. I have nerves and they need cooldown time too...
If you want problems solved try to concentrate on one until its solved.

Im not the permabanned Tok`ra. AND unlike the mods that have took fourm users names, I had his premission to take his name, it was rather easy considering his fourm account has been deleted.

You ever intended to check this fourm in teh first place ? Why in the IRC converstation does fourm refer to this as a place to 'ignore the troll posts' then ?

Fact it Baszy, the fourm has issues, and its your job (as long as you have the number) to help resolve them.

So, if I ignore the section ppl complain, if not ppl complain? right?
(AK) incandecio
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Aeon Knights
ID: 17093

the term needed for this forum is, you can please some people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. no matter what happens there are people there to complain.
Created by Tal Rasha, editted a little by me

A First From Me :D
Envy
Forum Elder

Zeratul wrote:
J.S. wrote:BIggest heap of poo I've ever seen in my life.. How can a moderator be so ********* childish?

how can a normally mature person be so childish as to continue calling someone female, after being told multiple times that said person is male?

U ban people for that ? :shock: :lol:

I bet Dadigi wished to be a female just to look in the mirror :-D
Spoiler
7 sins : Envy , Sloth , Greed , Gluttony , Pride , Wrath , Lust.
Almost38
Forum Addict
Alliance: I am in your base
Race: killing your d00ds
ID: 0

i always thought Dadigi was female
zebism is the way of the furutre!
Spoiler
Rules of SGW
1.Mass
2.?????
3.PROFIT!
We Be Epic
Mystake
Forum Addict

depending who you ask, DaDigi is female.

Good times ;)
#-o

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”