Ombudsman Case Archives
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

Re: warming issued for masking

Zeratul wrote:
papa~smurf wrote:so if i had said.........."mother f'er" .........that would be ........OK ?

it would not. it would be masking.

yep , everything that is posted in a way to avoid the wordfilter = masking

and i'm not even going to begin contesting the warning. all i'm willing to conider is:
coudn't this been handled with a verbal warning in usernotes since your clean history and the context it was said in.

now the way i see it that's not a heated topic and it was said in gest. but it is masking non the less and masking can be warned for
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human
ID: 0

zeekomkommer wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
papa~smurf wrote:so if i had said.........."mother f'er" .........that would be ........OK ?

it would not. it would be masking.
[color=#00FFFF]yep , everything that is posted in a way to avoid the wordfilter = masking

so then you have set the standard.

MFer

STHU [color=#800000](the fact that the filter now changes a letter in this only proves my point more guys, but thanks, it's nice to see. Even though STHU is only half a step away from the other. The intent is the same, to insult and silence a user of these boards. Small victories.

OMG

FU

FUALL ( for the empire, they could just write it all out every time so as not to confuse us as to what they are saying, because by these rules, intent is not a factor, but the usage)

all these are used to avoid the filter, and hence are "masking" .

Is this what u are saying ?

cause if u are not, then i need some clarification as to the differences before i go bothering the mods every time i see these used

thank u for your time.
Easy^ Rocks
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

we cannot, unfortunately, make the filter perfect... but if you have suggestions for words that should be added, feel free to send them to us, and we'll discuss them with the others...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human
ID: 0

i would aSK THIS TOPIC BE LOCKED
Easy^ Rocks
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord