ATTACKING!

Cancer

GRR

Yeah I actually wrote WTH...it wasnt changed. ANYWAYS, I'd like to know what makes someone whos got more than 30,000 less defensive action than my offensive, WIN by nearly 20,000. My attack was cut nearly in HALF, thats a load no matter what kind of system we are running on. I have lost quite a few turns because my attacks been cut like this before.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Your attack gets multiplied by a random number ( i believe between .5 and 1). The result is also multiplied by a factor that represents the distance between you and the defender in the ranks. Attacking a lower rank reduces your effectiveness, while attacking a higher rank improves your effectiveness. (Probably why the defending party did more damage than their strike capability).
Same goes for the defender.
All in all, the defender was lucky in this case. He probably rolled close to 1 and you rolled close to .5
There's a good chance a second strike may have been succesful but then again, you wouldn't want to waste more attack turns not knowing if you'd get anything in return, right?

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Cancer

still

but still, he ended up with a slightly HIGHER defense than his defensive action! and I think .5 is crap....makes it hard to attack alot of ppl. I think maybe .7 or .75 should be the lowest your attack can vary.

and yes he was a higher rank than myself :)
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Risks and losses are all a part of war.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Re: still

Cancer wrote:but still, he ended up with a slightly HIGHER defense than his defensive action! and I think .5 is crap....makes it hard to attack alot of ppl. I think maybe .7 or .75 should be the lowest your attack can vary.

and yes he was a higher rank than myself :)

it's a low percentage...

like around under 5%

i think...

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
myFriend
Fledgling Forumer

Defensive Action 80188

seeing that my offensive action was over 110,000 I attacked, 15 turns

Then THIS HAPPENED

Your troops inflict 63,480 damage on the enemy!
The enemy sustains 0 casualties!
sdb 's forces counter- attack and inflict 80,498 damage on your army!
Your army sustains 1 casualties!

Well Cancer you should be glad to know that your highly skilled army had a 57.7% accuracy that day. And the other guy had some high-tech seeking missals that. OK on with my point in how can a TRAIND solder have a shooting avg of 57% accuracy. Is it that hard to fire a gun last I checked it had sites so you can aim by lining the sites up and pull the trigger. Now may be if it happened to be at night and for some reason a storm came then that I could see but attacking in a storm rally not the best thing to do (hens your solders will tell you that just like they do when you try to spy on some one that’s to high of a lvl)

Psi Kiya Trist worte:
Cancer wrote:
but still, he ended up with a slightly HIGHER defense than his defensive action! and I think .5 is crap....makes it hard to attack alot of ppl. I think maybe .7 or .75 should be the lowest your attack can vary.

and yes he was a higher rank than myself

it's a low percentage...

like around under 5%

i think...

HHHMMM 5% from what the attack variation his stats say it varies at lest 43.3% !! I agree with Cancer about it your attack and defense rating should only go down to 75% of what its max is
I am dyslexic and i did do spell check. sarry for the type-o's

i will face my fears and let them past though me; we live we die... but not in vain; OO for cying out loud; Sir with all disrespect, I don't give a dam
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

myFriend wrote:
Psi Kiya Trist worte:
Cancer wrote:

and yes he was a higher rank than myself

it's a low percentage...

like around under 5%

i think...

HHHMMM 5% from what the attack variation his stats say it varies at lest 43.3% !! I agree with Cancer about it your attack and defense rating should only go down to 75% of what its max is

i meant a 5% chance of getting that low of an attack score...

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Cancer

Thank you for the explanation Psi Kiya Trist, And I am glad someone agrees (myFriend) I dont know where you found that accuracy info, but it seems like it coincides well with what happened. And I am fully aware of luck on the battlefield, however I dont think it should vary QUITE that much.

I stick to my belief of the 75 - 125% rule....for BOTH attack and defense :) Hopefully this will happen.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

thought is the spark of action.
<admin thinks... .>

Cancer wrote:Thank you for the explanation Psi Kiya Trist, And I am glad someone agrees (myFriend) I dont know where you found that accuracy info, but it seems like it coincides well with what happened. And I am fully aware of luck on the battlefield, however I dont think it should vary QUITE that much.

I stick to my belief of the 75 - 125% rule....for BOTH attack and defense :) Hopefully this will happen.

Return to “Bugs Archive”