Petition to Jason

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Re: Petition to Jason

I agree with Mordack,

Things should be changed around here, but that petition is completely swayed, i already had FS remove one very unwarrented comment on there, and we know who it was.

We need ALOT of people to go to the admin meet and raise the concerns there, its a shame the mods that agree with the community cannot speak up, because they just get shunned removed and replaced with the next person sucking up on msn, to bad really........
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

GeneralChaos wrote:I agree with Mordack,

Things should be changed around here, but that petition is completely swayed, i already had FS remove one very unwarrented comment on there, and we know who it was.

We need ALOT of people to go to the admin meet and raise the concerns there, its a shame the mods that agree with the community cannot speak up, because they just get shunned removed and replaced with the next person sucking up on msn, to bad really........

Lol m8 actually i am still here and i have already said what i mean and feel also to smoosh and i think the mods in the team know who i feel should be removed but meh please forget me as you find me a bad mod :P
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Mordack isn't the only mod posting (well not posting but having a name steal for fake signature), many mods posted with the same message... :roll:
And half is anonymous messageless.
:shock:
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Nimras
Forum Addict

Legendary Apophis wrote:Mordack isn't the only mod posting (well not posting but having a name steal for fake signature), many mods posted with the same message... :roll:

Hey is my name on the petition cant be bothered to look ??
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Im cleaning it up allready when you find a fake name point it out and i remove it ;)
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Nimras wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:Mordack isn't the only mod posting (well not posting but having a name steal for fake signature), many mods posted with the same message... :roll:

[spoiler]16 Biscut
17 Smoo
18 THESAZ Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.
19 DaDigi Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.
20 Mordack Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.
21 Thade Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.
22 Anonymous Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.
23 Anonymous Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.
24 Anonymous Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.
25 Anonymous Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.[/spoiler]
Not really...lol @ some names appearing in that list who happen to be "targets"... :roll:
I can say like 75% of this is fake (people who wouldnt vote/are marked as anonymous)
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Nimras
Forum Addict

Legendary Apophis wrote:
Nimras wrote:

[spoiler]16 Biscut
17 Smoo
18 THESAZ Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.
19 DaDigi Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.
20 Mordack Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.
21 Thade Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.
22 Anonymous Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.
23 Anonymous Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.
24 Anonymous Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.
25 Anonymous Do these fools think they're gods of SGW or something ? Dont they know there's only one TRUE godess of SGW.[/spoiler]
Not really...lol @ some names appearing in that list who happen to be "targets"... :roll:

Feel so hurt here no one liked me enough to put my name up there :smt010 :smt010 :smt022 :smt022 maybe i should sign it just to get on there lol.
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
ID: 50147

FreeSpirit wrote:http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sgwstaff/

Sign if u feel the need.

yeah just like when we petitioned to jason to have u removed but u acted like a prissy 14 year old girl and begged him to let u back.

WAH WAH WAH

I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR YOU WES.
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

if you want to petition, Then every person should send an e-mail to mister forum.

A mass amount of e-mails, will get his attension.

A petition website which has already been compromised, isnt exactly what id call, political weight.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
~Massin4Christ~
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 0

Your "petition" has lost its validity now...
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Claim: Signing and circulating online petitions is an effective way of remedying important issues.

Origins: The 2000s have seen the birth of an Internet phenomenon: the e-petition. It offers instant comfort to those outraged by the latest ills of the world through its implicit assurance that affixing their names to a statement decrying a situation and demanding change will make a difference. That assurance is a severely flawed one for a multitude of reasons.
Often petitions contain no information about whom they are ultimately intended for and instead are no more than outpourings of outrage. Expressions of outrage are fine and good, but if they don't reach someone who can have impact on the core problem, they're wasted. Thus, a petition that doesn't clearly identify the intended recipient may have some small value as a way for its signers to work off angst, but as an instrument of social change it fails miserably.

Even those that clearly identify the intended recipient don't come with a guarantee that the person slated to receive the document is in any position to influence matters. A misdirected petition is of no more use than an undirected one; though the voices it contains may be shouting, they won't be heard.
Even well-addressed, well-thought-out petitions have their problems, chief among them the lack of a guarantee that anyone is collecting and collating the signatures or will deliver the completed documents to the right parties. The mere existence of a petition doesn't warrant that anyone will do anything with it once it is completed.
Moreover, petitions aren't the instruments of social change we'd so dearly love to believe they are. Yes, a petition festooned with a zillion signatures can have some influence, but only as a tangible proof of a subset of public opinion, and only upon those whose welfare is dependent upon public opinion (eg. politicians). Those signatures aren't votes, and they aren't treated as such by the governing bodies that have to decide on the tough questions of our times. At best, they're seen as an indication of the public's will, no more.

Paper-and-ink petitions are signed in a variety of handwriting styles, each unique to its signer. Consequently, signatures on a paper-and-ink petition cannot easily be faked else certain glaring similarities would show up in one entry after another.
E-petitions, however, come with no such assurance &mdash; the same person could have generated all of the signatures. Moreover, it takes little by way of programming skills to create a sequence of code that will randomly generate fake names, e-mail addresses, and cities (or whatever combination of same the e-petition calls for). Once written, such a program can be executed with a keystroke, resulting in the effortless generation of thousands upon thousands of "signatures."

Those in a position to influence anything know this and thus accord e-petitions only slightly more respect than they would a blank sheet of paper. Thus, even the best written, properly addressed, and lovingly delivered e-petitions whose every signature was scrupulously vetted by the petition's creator fall into the same vortex of disbelief at the receiving end that less carefully shepherded missives find themselves relegated to.
Okay, so the average e-petition isn't ultimately worth the pixels it took to create it; why are they so popular?
In a world beset by complex problems, the solutions of which will take enormous amounts of time, money, and commitment, such simplification as the e-petition provides a welcome relief. Imagine having the power to solve those problems! Moreover, imagine having it merely at the click of a mouse!

Of course, that same valid purpose could be better served by essays circulated on the Internet. Essays, at least, don't foster this growing climate of slacktivism, of participation at no cost, of lasting social change achieved through no effort.
Those truly committed to righting the wrongs of the world are encouraged to take pen in hand and craft actual letters to their congressmen or to whomever they deem are the appropriate people to contact about particular issues. Real letters (the kind that are written in a person's own words and sent through the regular mail) are accorded far more respect than form letters (let alone petitions), and that should be kept in mind by those intent upon being heard. Yes, the effort it takes is far larger. But so is the potential for making an actual difference.
Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

Uhm, if my name hasn't been removed from that list please do so. I don't exactly write like that.

I do have to wonder who would have been so blatant in their faking of sigs on the petition; almost as though they wanted to get caught and thus invalidate the entire thing. O well, mere suspicions with no evidence.

And Buck has a point having users who truly feel the mod team has overstepped their bounds should go through the ombudsman. If they feel that the solution there is unsatisfactory then a large attendance at the Admin Meeting or a prolific amount of PMs from accounts would be the next step. Repetitious posting of similar topics that do not have clear defined intentions will only result in nothing happening. Offering a clear outline of abuse of power and a concise solution to the problem would be the best course of action.
Biscuit
The Crumbly One
ID: 0

Legendary Apophis wrote:
Nimras wrote:

[spoiler]16 Biscut
17 Smoo
I can say like 75% of this is fake (people who wouldnt vote/are marked as anonymous)

Take my name off that **Filtered** petition. I did not sign it.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

You're not Biscut, are you? :P
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

Jack TheBunny Ripper wrote:You know it's funny cause I was just thinking that faking things in order to garner more support is exactly what FS is all about.

i fake some things too but i don't think my gf likes when i do it though..... :-D

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”