Suggestions for making getting massed more painful

Suggest any improvements
Freestyle304
Forum Regular
ID: 1922793
Alternate name(s): Newgrounds: Meechum

Suggestions for making getting massed more painful

The problem as I see it, is there is no real good way to hurt someone on ascended.

Yes, you can train up in one stats and take pretty much anyone out, destroying their weapons and obliterating their planets. So what? While it would take a long time for them to build up as many planets, they will still be able to farm well. They will still be a threat to others because they can train up their remaining planets in just one area and obliterate others. Their ability to descend is unhindered.

Yes, you can attack to descend, but if a person logs on at all frequently, this becomes very very difficult to pull off. Two weeks of no growth on ascended is a big penalty, but not good for actives.

I am generally left with the feeling that it is not worth mixing it up because, no matter what I would do, it won't matter.

SO, I am interested in your ideas as to how to make beating on someone you have a grudge against more worth the time. :-D

My initial idea: Make an attack that will allow you to mass a person's power levels directly. While similar to direct assault, it's no longer a complete success or complete failure. Levels would regenerate on their own over time as you ascended being, weakened by the assault, recovers his energy. Investment of LF Cache could be used to accelerate the recovery, at a much reduced cost to the original cost of the levels, of course.

What's your idea? And what do you think of mine?
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Re: Suggestions for making getting massed more painful

not so..

if you mass someone down you decrease their army size which in turn reduces the number of ppl due to the rank/ratio thingy..

Just leave it alone,
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

The same can just as easily be said for main.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Sol wrote:The same can just as easily be said for main.
Absolutely.. but does that make it less valid? :P
Freestyle304
Forum Regular
ID: 1922793
Alternate name(s): Newgrounds: Meechum

fem fatale wrote:not so..

if you mass someone down you decrease their army size which in turn reduces the number of ppl due to the rank/ratio thingy..

Just leave it alone,

Not sure what you are disagreeing with, other than change. Yes, their army size goes down when you mass them, but so what? Their ability to farm, mass, etc. is not significantly reduced the way the game mechanics are.

The consequences of being massed on ascended are far less than being massed on main. And the cost of taking down an account that has 5 times your army size (max difference after ascended massing) would be much heavier in main as well. In ascended it's really not that much of a big deal to do.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Here is something we introduced in NewGrounds: 'max farmed Naq / raided UU' depending on Game statistics. :)
(Killable things, destructable things.. you know the works.)
Sol
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:
Absolutely.. but does that make it less valid? :P

Pretty much since ascended has everything to do with main with the major proportion of mechanics being based off of it, that in conjunction with the paragraph below...

@freestyle, i would have to disagree with you and suggest it's the other way around, UU and naq are by far easier to obtain on main than planets and dmu on ascended, what's more is there is also a limiter on what you can or cannot attack in ascended (5x 1/5th), there is no raiding, no resource trading, no banks, no black market etc (well a proper liberal set up of them anyway). If you attack someone right you can bring them to their knees easily and far longer than you can ever do for someone on main. There are also far fewer accounts on ascended worth attacking for dmu.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

its fine as is.

if you mass someone, their size restricts them from attacking those who are bigger.

if you DM them their strike is lower, and in order to destroy military they have to train more strike. if they train everything in strike you can DM them. if they train it in assassin to DM you. you can hunt assassin.

if they do a bit of both, you can sab.

people will always find a way to hit you, the key is to know how to stop them. to which the simple answer is to save your planets and build something hard to mass / costly to mass. if they manage to build enough to do it.. you can spot it first and take them down again.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

Time.

You can take their time.

Smashing hell out of everything slows down their growth.
Descending them, or attempting to descend them takes their resources, they have to log in every 9 hours just to avoid the two weeks. <not sure about that time frame, but if I am right that is sleep and work unfriendly>

Not sure if anyone else is as psychotic as me about vendettas, but killing their friends after sending them a message explaining why is a great way of putting additional pressure on a target.
(I have heard some people go for cross server combat as well)

Month after month, of consistent pressure will break most people.

No one has pissed me off enough to even attack them yet, but I am looking forward to my first vendetta. "you, your kids, your village, forever"
Seems painful enough to me.
It should be costly in resources and time, how else will they know just how disappointed you are at their conduct?
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

What Cwalen said...Time...If someone gets on the wrong side of me i hit their account to everything is massed down then i deascend them...it might take me a week to do it sometimes longer but i do....then i watch when they comeback on and i start again until i feel i have got my vengance....Those who speak to me ingame know i am pretty much a laid back kind of guy who does not spit his dummy out but the are some people who take this game far to serious and say all kinds of nasty stuff...you all know the type (95% of them go running and hide behind their alliance most of the time when challenged).
Why do you think i have so many kills :smt081

Return to “Suggestions”